Page 91 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Small snowball View Post
    Wow, that's harsh. I suppose you attacked him in melee? if so, he will start to cast enrage-buffed Song after 10 minutes. The point is Song has 7 day casttime, and Zor'loc can't cast enrage until he finishes the Song

Yeah, this would be the cause then. I tanked him, popping CDs for Exhale and using 2nd Wind to keep myself alive. Oh well.

Worth asking:

I'm soloing Beth'lac 25 HC for the legendary and red widow, using Dark Bargain.
    Whenever she's at 10% ~ she goes down and then I can't hit her unless i'm down the web too. I get down and then bazilions of adds start to anihilate me, that's when I pop DB and finish her off.

Thing is, I'm almost sure that I managed to kill her getting luck with procs while waiting for her to cast the third web destruction spell, without her needing to go down, but with 562 Ilvl it's more of a luck question than anything.

And then I went to youtube looking for others locks that soloed it, got nothing better than DB or very high Ilvl 570+. Saw a DK soloing it from a completely diff strategy and that's my question:

Is there a way to solo beth'lac as the Death Knight did, killing every spider that spawns until her casts the third destruction spell and get down or the burst/damage is overwhelming for locks?

I tried it, and found to be a very hard challenge to accomplish. Not needed since I use DB, but made me wonder hahahah.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any news on Elegon?

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Any news on Elegon?
    Nope. It's somewhere on the edge of possibility right now, something like Animus before hotfix, but harder. I certainly will give it more tries, but I don't know if I could kill him before 6.0

To make it more clear, there are 2 tactics right now.
    1. Straight nuke as Affliction. There is the problem with killing enough adds on p2, which leads to small amount of absorb later and to enrage.
    2. Bypassing the enrage, surviving the whole thing in DA. It's more likely, but there still are some problems with survivability and actually bypassing the enrage, because the trick involved is VERY hard to execute (i've managed to do this only 1 time with another person's help)

So right now I prefer second option, but I need to polish all the phases exept enrage bypassing, so I would kill him right when I've got lucky enough to ignore enrage ability.
    Last edited by Small snowball; 2014-03-10 at 01:44 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    I did it at around 530 I think, but maybe can be done at 510 if you are lucky enough.
    The fight is not that much of a dps, but rather an RNG race: if you get the tentacles fucked up you will have a hell of a fun time.
    What talents did you use at 530ilvl, because I'm getting spanked by the adds in the last phase all the time, all I seem to be doing it try to bring them low hp and getting no damage on the boss at all having to self heal.

Edit: First solo complete, sadly no mount though
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2014-03-10 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Worth asking:

I'm soloing Beth'lac 25 HC for the legendary and red widow, using Dark Bargain.
    Whenever she's at 10% ~ she goes down and then I can't hit her unless i'm down the web too. I get down and then bazilions of adds start to anihilate me, that's when I pop DB and finish her off.

Thing is, I'm almost sure that I managed to kill her getting luck with procs while waiting for her to cast the third web destruction spell, without her needing to go down, but with 562 Ilvl it's more of a luck question than anything.

And then I went to youtube looking for others locks that soloed it, got nothing better than DB or very high Ilvl 570+. Saw a DK soloing it from a completely diff strategy and that's my question:

Is there a way to solo beth'lac as the Death Knight did, killing every spider that spawns until her casts the third destruction spell and get down or the burst/damage is overwhelming for locks?

I tried it, and found to be a very hard challenge to accomplish. Not needed since I use DB, but made me wonder hahahah.
    I think i did it with around 565 ilvl. just do the fight normaly, if u simply kill everything downstairs untill she comes down then just tank n spank. makes it pretty damn easy. tho make sure u prio the spinners over anything cuz if they stun u ur pretty much dead

Well it seems burning rush doesn't stack with engi belt anymore, it means DA kite became much harder. Still possible with demonic circle anyway, but in that case you should kite 100 anima bolts somewhere near the wall. Or you can spec Demo for Demonic leap.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

Something from Twitter regarding Thorim and Valithria, courtesy of Watcher!

"Changed in 6.0: Thorim won't trigger the deathball/reset when his arena is empty."
    "By, say, a warrior? Probably just going to make her skippable."

Excellent news!

Just found out that (at some point in the last few months of me not playing) they stealth nerfed the PVP 2 set so that it no longer absorbs Burning Rush damage. Rather silly. Might have made Feng possible for Affliction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Small snowball View Post
    Well it seems burning rush doesn't stack with engi belt anymore, it means DA kite became much harder. Still possible with demonic circle anyway, but in that case you should kite 100 anima bolts somewhere near the wall. Or you can spec Demo for Demonic leap.
    It doesn't stack with Worgen's Darkflight either... Does it work with the BC engineering boots at all? Or did they fix that too? :|

Edit: Alternatively, would it be possible to kite Dark Animus + the adds and do the strategy you already do, by toggling Burning Rush on/off, rather than utilising your Demonic Circle? Such as a macro that toggles BR off at the same time as you use the engineering belt, using that speed boost to give you some distance, then toggling BR back on as soon as the engi boost ends to try and sustain some of that distance? It would have to be SOMEWHAT doable, because Raegwynn solo'd it on his DK a few weeks back without any Gateway, Burning Rush, OR Demonic Circle?
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2014-03-12 at 06:12 AM.

It may be possible with demo leap and circle, as said in the stealth nerf topic itself.

As for aegwyn, he used an entirely diff strat based on tanking because he can't kite DA completelly. Purgatory and tank legendary cloak if I'm not mistaken, he kinda cheated death twice.

Edit: forgot to reply ignocia, almost 4 am in here /sleep

@Ignocia
    I'm gonna try this weak (last week I killed normal way) with 562 destro and gonna see how it goes for me.
    Last edited by evertonbelmontt; 2014-03-12 at 06:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Just found out that (at some point in the last few months of me not playing) they stealth nerfed the PVP 2 set so that it no longer absorbs Burning Rush damage. Rather silly. Might have made Feng possible for Affliction.
    DAMMIT if i knew this before i woulda tried it.. oh well

10+ Year Old Account
    It may be possible with demo leap and circle, as said in the stealth nerf topic itself.

As for Raegwyn, he used an entirely diff strat based on tanking because he can't kite DA completelly. Purgatory and tank legendary cloak if I'm not mistaken, he kinda cheated death twice.

I was more asking if it'd still be possible as Destro, without using your Demonic Circle for kiting, so that you could still leave it outside DA's room, just like in Small Snowball's most recent soloing vid of it. I don't really want to be whacking my head against the fight for hours on end trying not to fuck up the Anima Bolts whilst inside DA's room, considering it already takes 50 minutes as it is.

Raegwynn cheated death twice via his tank cloak and purgatory, yes, but Raegwynn doesn't also have Demonic Gateway and Burning Rush to keep the adds permanently at a distance from himself.

My point is that maybe it's possible, via toggling burning rush off to use other, faster speed boosts to increase the distance between himself and the adds, then toggling burning rush back on as soon as the other boost runs out to maintain said distance, that he wouldn't need to use Demonic Circle as a gap increaser, and continue using the strat of teleporting out of the room to kite Anima Bolts outside. Maybe it might be necessary to go Demo for Demonic Leap (Though I'd prefer to stay Destro), but I don't want Demonic Circle to be wasted as a Gap Increaser.
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2014-03-13 at 04:47 PM.

Deleted
    2nd Yogg+0 solo with my Warlock and look what dropped...

Over. The. Moon.

Congrats, you lucky bastard!

At this moment I hate you so much I can not express it. Don't be too surprised if my Felguard Gangbang Party appears in front of your door and tend to your spine for a while.
    GZ btw :P.

On LK my pet dies within a minute even on normal mode. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Either:

1 - Gear
    2 - Soul Link and/or Soul Leech
    3 - Proper rotation
    4 - Consider this almost impossible --> From what I remember, there's nothing that can instant kill your pet, but maybe you're triggering traps and he's too much near you or the trap and got blown up while you teleported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Either:

1 - Gear
    2 - Soul Link and/or Soul Leech
    3 - Proper rotation
    4 - Consider this almost impossible --> From what I remember, there's nothing that can instant kill your pet, but maybe you're triggering traps and he's too much near you or the trap and got blown up while you teleported.
    Or

5: Necrotic Plague. If you're standing anywhere near the boss/adds when Necrotic Plague runs out, it's going to jump onto the boss/adds, and then once it runs out or if they die, it jumps onto another target, which could very well be your pet, and then your pet will get wrecked.

6: Infest. Yes, I know Infest doesn't affect your pet nearly as much, but if you have Soul Link active and are taking ticks from Infest, that damage is going to be split onto your pet too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    Or

5: Necrotic Plague. If you're standing anywhere near the boss/adds when Necrotic Plague runs out, it's going to jump onto the boss/adds, and then once it runs out or if they die, it jumps onto another target, which could very well be your pet, and then your pet will get wrecked.

6: Infest. Yes, I know Infest doesn't affect your pet nearly as much, but if you have Soul Link active and are taking ticks from Infest, that damage is going to be split onto your pet too.
    Last I checked, Necrotic did not affect pets.
    Infest is indeed possible.

@Farora

Are you taking too much damage or are you letting your pet handle it all?