Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What I noticed was my armor on the character sheet was capping out at 85% reduction now. I know you've mentioned this potentially happening sometime, so do you know anything about this Arielle? I don't have time at the moment to check if it's actually capping out higher, just wondering if you've heard of it.
    Wait, what?

I know they were toying with several different ideas and that was one of them. Might be one of the "Beta changes" that made it into 5.4.1 that wasn't supposed to. I'll see if I can find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    WTB Log.

10char
    Guild won't let me release our logs, otherwise I would have. Best I can do is excerpt my death log from the WoL parse:

[21:35:12.204] Dragonmaw Bonecrusher crits XXXX *223645*
    [21:35:12.353] Galakras crits XXXX *517223*
    [21:35:12.392] Dragonmaw Bonecrusher crits XXXX *220882* (O: 1112)
    [21:35:12.747] XXXX Thrash Dragonmaw Bonecrusher 39901
    [21:35:12.889] XXXX dies

There were also a bunch of random crits throughout the encounter, but it's pretty easy to not notice unless... well, you get burst like that from fairly high HP. I checked logs from previous weeks, and the melee damage I took (aka, the size of the melee hits) is much larger than normal.

*edit* - After checking my combatlog.txt (I always keep a copy of my own) and comparing it to the WoL uploaded by the guild, there is a difference between which hits are considered crits and which are not. My combat log didn't show those final hits as crits, however they showed the exact same numbers... but more importantly, even if my combat log didn't register the hits as crits while the WoL parse from someone else did, the size of the hits indicate that they were crits whether my combat log says they were or not.

*edit #2* - Threw myself into a LFR 2nd wing for the sake of repetition... okay, it's not a heroic 25man, but I wanted to see if I could replicate the result. No crits upon my bear bottom for the entire encounter of Galakras, no unusual damage either. When I help out with the achievement run this week on flex, I'll go on my bear and keep a log and see what happens. Only true test would be to replicate the situation next week on heroic 25man, but since that only happens once a week... well, only thing I can offer is for other bears to keep an eye out, as it could be just a fluke (hopefully).
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-10-30 at 09:19 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I can't report anything without a public log....so....yeah.

/shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw some strange stuff in our logs last night on several of the fights

23:10:46.212] General Nazgrim crits Gyzmosis *0* (O: 0)
    [23:10:47.714] General Nazgrim crits Gyzmosis *0* (O: 0)
    [23:10:49.556] Gyzmosis killed Gyzmosis with Purgatory (more)

and

[23:10:55.184] Uzumati crits General Nazgrim *0* (O: 0)
    [23:10:56.376] Uzumati Lacerate General Nazgrim 9150
    [23:10:56.597] Uzumati Faerie Fire General Nazgrim 57425
    [23:10:56.664] General Nazgrim hits Uzumati
    [23:10:56.930] Uzumati crits General Nazgrim *0* (O: 0)
    [23:10:56.988] Uzumati Thrash General Nazgrim 27369
    [23:10:57.785] Uzumati Lacerate General Nazgrim *171007*
    [23:10:58.176] General Nazgrim crits Uzumati *0* (O: 0)

i think it is just a log error but heres the link if ya wanna check

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/3bfbjtcmz1f6lrgb/deaths/

btw a 10 month break was good im loving my bear again
    Victoria Aut Mors

Quote Originally Posted by uzumati View Post
    I saw some strange stuff in our logs last night on several of the fights

23:10:46.212] General Nazgrim crits Gyzmosis *0* (O: 0)
    [23:10:47.714] General Nazgrim crits Gyzmosis *0* (O: 0)
    [23:10:49.556] Gyzmosis killed Gyzmosis with Purgatory (more)

and

[23:10:55.184] Uzumati crits General Nazgrim *0* (O: 0)
    [23:10:56.376] Uzumati Lacerate General Nazgrim 9150
    [23:10:56.597] Uzumati Faerie Fire General Nazgrim 57425
    [23:10:56.664] General Nazgrim hits Uzumati
    [23:10:56.930] Uzumati crits General Nazgrim *0* (O: 0)
    [23:10:56.988] Uzumati Thrash General Nazgrim 27369
    [23:10:57.785] Uzumati Lacerate General Nazgrim *171007*
    [23:10:58.176] General Nazgrim crits Uzumati *0* (O: 0)

i think it is just a log error but heres the link if ya wanna check

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/3bfbjtcmz1f6lrgb/deaths/

btw a 10 month break was good im loving my bear again
    We were having issues with some uploaded logs doing the same thing, every melee attack was a crit for zero damage. Didn't occur with every log, just a few (so I'm certain it's just a WoL parsing issue). Actual combatlog.txt files should be perfectly fine, which is why I tend to default to them (which still showed me getting crit occasionally, ironically enough)... just a lot of info to parse manually.

Anyways, as of last night's raid, I didn't have any crits occur in my logs, so I think the problem is resolved.

*edit* - Maybe it has to do with live logging versus uploading a log afterwards. When I upload my combatlog.txt manually on my WoL acct, it comes out fine, but the raid's log is typically live logged.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-10-31 at 08:44 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Would it be fine to break 4p bonus to replace normal gloves with heroic gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    Would it be fine to break 4p bonus to replace normal gloves with heroic gloves?
    In 10m I'd probably say no, but from all indications the set bonus doesn't do much in 25m.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, turns out the Armor change is real.

Doesn't really mean anything though. The only item whose value might change is Sanguinaire, and only on fights with tons of things hitting you.

It *might* also be enough to push Mastery gems ahead of Stamina for physical EH. But nobody ever does that anyway. I'll have Pawkets update SimC, and I'll update my SS probably tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't really mean anything though. The only item whose value might change is Sanguinaire, and only on fights with tons of things hitting you.

It *might* also be enough to push Mastery gems ahead of Stamina for physical EH. But nobody ever does that anyway. I'll have Pawkets update SimC, and I'll update my SS probably tomorrow.
    Well, for one, I think it's still capping at 75% despite what the tooltip says. It's a pain to test though so I can't say that for sure.

Regardless, it shouldn't change any stat weights at all. There isn't any change to armor scaling, so the only case where anything changes is post-armor cap, where mastery now just keeps its value instead of dropping to 0.

All it really does is make mastery procs useful. All one of them.

Do you know if this is a global change or if it only applies to Guardians?

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Do you know if this is a global change or if it only applies to Guardians?
    It's global.

Alright, thought so, just wanted to make sure.

Trunk is updated with the change but a release hasn't been made yet.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Class is over, got to check it. At least on these dread waste quest mobs, armor is still capping out at 75% (comparing "unmitigated" damage from vengeance gains to actual damage taken). Looks to be a character sheet tooltip quirk.
    Based on what I know that's a bug, reported.

15+ Year Old Account
    i also got some crits in my guilds raid log, got crit for 0 dmg tho
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...ai/details/24/

but maybe it was one of the MCéd players giving the mobs a 5% crit buff?

- - - Updated - - -

what armor change where you talking about btw?
    (might have to update my addon )
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

what armor change where you talking about btw?
    Cap increased to 85%

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Nevermind, that shouldn't matter based on what I'm aware of.

Basically it's working at 85% cap for PvE, and still 75% in PvP (ie. player controlled vs non player-controlled). /shrug

Deleted
    Quick question lads. Is it still a dps increase to swap to kitty form when your not currently tanking like back in the day? cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Antefex View Post
    Quick question lads. Is it still a dps increase to swap to kitty form when your not currently tanking like back in the day? cheers
    Only if you have HotW active and are at zero Vengeance. However the gain is minimal at best and you lose out on T&C Maul's for your co-tank.

Edit:Unrelated, is AskMr.Robot taking into consideration that you want 79% crit on character sheet to reach 76% crit against bosses?

Double Edit: Hrm, seems like AMR is somehow accounting for an extra 640 Expertise that I'm apparently missing with reforging and what not cause there's no reason why I should be adding another 4 Crafty gems with my current gear.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-11-05 at 04:48 AM.

Only if you have HotW active and are at zero Vengeance. However the gain is minimal at best and you lose out on T&C Maul's for your co-tank.
    Er, not exactly accurate.

Cat burst with HotW & Zerk is actually pretty incredible. However shifting to Cat without HotW is pretty much a waste of time.

15+ Year Old Account
    meh there goes my plan of hitting the armor cap :/
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Question from OS Guardian. When gearing for non-set pieces like rings and boots, it highest ilvl always best? What about sockets? I got a SoO normal ring and I currently have a HC ToT one and a Normal ToT + socket one. Is there a general rule for decisions like this?

15+ Year Old Account
    i dont think itemlevel is the key factor
    as stamina is not such an awsome stat & agility gives verry little crit and a small drop of AP in the HUGE vegence pool

therefor its the hit / exp that matters for the caps and then the crit that matter for most RPS

so a ring with crit / haste on it and a crit gem in it, can be better then a SoO mastery / haste ring (but keep in ming reforging)
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE