Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Id like if they gave us 5% spell haste aura and revert sob to scale with spell haste.

On note of AoE damage, yes our AoE is insanely low, however we haven't had the opportunity to test the AoE Exo on live yet. I believe that with that glyph our AoE will go from sub-par to par. It is possible that at 90 our AoE damage actually was too high because of that glyph, and instead of changing the glyph they changed DS.

The change I would like to see is either make HoTR stronger for ret (keep it the same for prot), or buff SoR.

In terms of the other changes I'm okay with our class, I think we're a bit "bursty" but in the long run I'm okay with that.

you guys are nuts, ret is in the best place it's been in years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplistic View Post
    you guys are nuts, ret is in the best place it's been in years.
    Wut ? I guess you don't know what you're talking about, right ?

Ret rotation is blank, full of empty GCD everywhere, you just have 3 attacks, and 2 finishers (on single target fight). This is boring as hell, compared to ICC Ret where you had to react to procs a lot more, and Holy Wrath/Consecration to fill the gaps in the rotation. Right now Ret rotation is boring as hell, you only have to watch for Exo proc, wow, what an entertaining cycle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    Right now Ret rotation is boring as hell, you only have to watch for Exo proc, wow, what an entertaining cycle.
    But that's EXACTLY what it was in ICC, you had 4 buttons to press, Judgment, Crusader Strike, Divine Storm as they each came off cooldown and Exorcism on Art of War procs.

Iv'e enjoyed Ret more in the last couple of weeks than all of cata.
    Last edited by Hattai; 2012-09-18 at 01:09 PM.

Ret rotation is blank, full of empty GCD everywhere....
    Using SS to fill in the blank is an easy fix. I'm also under the assumption that the blank will be more rare at level 90 haste levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Id like if they gave us 5% spell haste aura and revert sob to scale with spell haste.
    I guess there's no pleasing people. With all the complaints about SoB being on spell-haste in the first place, I highly doubt it's going back any time soon. There's also no real reason to just hand us another generic raid-buff.

Ret rotation is blank, full of empty GCD everywhere, you just have 3 attacks, and 2 finishers (on single target fight). This is boring as hell, compared to ICC Ret where you had to react to procs a lot more, and Holy Wrath/Consecration to fill the gaps in the rotation. Right now Ret rotation is boring as hell, you only have to watch for Exo proc, wow, what an entertaining cycle.
    I'm really not seeing all these empty GCDs you claim exist. Sure there may be gaps every so often, but that's not a bad thing.

Besides, if it's boring to you, pick up Divine Purpose.

Final thought I just had: Right now <insert spec here> rotation is boring as hell, you only have to watch for <ability that can be used due to a proc> proc, wow, what an entertaining cycle.

You basically described how every spec is designed right now. Just thought I'd point that out.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iPraxys View Post
    Using SS to fill in the blank is an easy fix. I'm also under the assumption that the blank will be more rare at level 90 haste levels.
    SS isnt a dmg ability so saying that it fixes the blancs isnt correct.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Having no room to do anything else would mean that no utility could ever be used without a DPS loss. This way, it's possible to use utility spells without a DPS loss if you can fit them into blank GCDs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Having no room to do anything else would mean that no utility could ever be used without a DPS loss. This way, it's possible to use utility spells without a DPS loss if you can fit them into blank GCDs.
    And let's be fair here. How often does it happen that we need to use our utility during an empty gcd?
    I agree that Ret single target is in the best place it has been for ages (I still prefer the pre-holy power models) but as for our multi-target, as I already wrote, it's downright horrible. Damage numbers aren't impressive and it's as clunky as it has ever been.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    But adding more DPS CD'S or being constantly filled up with CD's with no break will make people neglect the utility we have in favor of DPS.

Honestly, we'll be saying a lot of this and that for now. Holes in the rotation, too slow, so on so forth but between now and even 2 weeks from now let alone 4+ once we start getting into higher levels of gear, who knows how we'll be seeing things. The level difference and getting into the gear can shift things.

Everyone is complaining, everyone is moaning all classes all specs. Maybe I hold my head up too much but I'm going to wait till 90 to make any larger assumptions about how things are.

Except for Elemental shamans, I've just come to terms that Blizzard hates them and loves Enhancement.

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 02:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiri View Post
    And let's be fair here. How often does it happen that we need to use our utility during an empty gcd?
    I agree that Ret single target is in the best place it has been for ages (I still prefer the pre-holy power models) but as for our multi-target, as I already wrote, it's downright horrible. Damage numbers aren't impressive and it's as clunky as it has ever been.
    No, in all fairness, SS is something you can toss up in a free GCD and just forget about it until it needs to be refreshed as you can. In the case of Ret Paladins, it does help smooth things out, while allowing us to use the utility. Heaven forbid we were GCD'd up our shorts people would be complaining there is no real time to use our Utility spells like SS without hurting our DPS.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    No, in all fairness, SS is something you can toss up in a free GCD and just forget about it until it needs to be refreshed as you can. In the case of Ret Paladins, it does help smooth things out, while allowing us to use the utility. Heaven forbid we were GCD'd up our shorts people would be complaining there is no real time to use our Utility spells like SS without hurting our DPS.
    At what point, in what time, was I ever mentioning SS? If you think SS is the only utility we have, you're dead wrong.

How often does it happen you have a free gcd, when you need to save someone with a BoP? Yeah, you know the chance of a free gcd is there, doesn't mean it will happen.
    How often is it that you have a free gcd, when the tank needs you to use sacrifice on him to assist him in surviving because he has already run through all of his cds? Yeah, the chance is there, doesn't mean it will happen.
    I could find a billion scenarios like this, but I think my point has come across.

Yes you can use your free gcds for refreshing SS, but how many utility spells do we really have to keep up most of the time? Right SS only, and some people don't even take it (Like me) because they consider SH superior (It's almost a LoH on another player, seriously).
    Last edited by mmoc8b393fc574; 2012-09-19 at 06:44 PM.

Like the other guy said, if you want a more reactive rotation, take divine purpose. Wut? I guess you don't know what you're talking about, right? oh yeah, that's right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplistic View Post
    Like the other guy said, if you want a more reactive rotation, take divine purpose. Wut? I guess you don't know what you're talking about, right? oh yeah, that's right.
    Yep, for having played since BC I know "a bit" what i'm talking about. Divine Purpose is RNG, and as such is less desirable than a fixed Burst CD, so it would make you sub-par to take DP.

Yep, for having played since BC I know "a bit" what i'm talking about. Divine Purpose is RNG, and as such is less desirable than a fixed Burst CD, so it would make you sub-par to take DP.
    Actually, DP sims as the highest DPS talent in that tier for sustained damage, non-gimmick fights.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

I've been playing my paladin since release; by your logic I know more than you about paladins. Bow to the weakness of your own argument.

Please explain:

1. "This is boring as hell, compared to ICC Ret where you had to react to procs a lot more, and Holy Wrath/Consecration to fill the gaps in the rotation. Right now Ret rotation is boring as hell, you only have to watch for Exo proc, wow, what an entertaining cycle."

2. "Divine Purpose is RNG, and as such is less desirable than a fixed Burst CD, so it would make you sub-par to take DP."

WOTLK ret was more fun b/c it had more RNG...you want MOP ret to be more fun...you don't want more RNG in MOP ret...omgwhat?
    Last edited by Simplistic; 2012-09-18 at 11:58 PM.