10+ Year Old Account

[Elemental] Is it worth using Unleash Elements?

As far as I know in previous patches UE (Unleash Elements) has been considered a waste of a GCD, or at least from what I understood it was; however now that patch 5.0.4 has hit live servers, I'm wondering if UE is now considered a DPS boost when coupled with a Lava Burst or could that extra GCD be spent on someone more powerful such as LB?

I'm trying to see if I can push some more numbers from my poor shaman which so far isn't going very well (may have to revisit my reforging).
    Last edited by ArithEU; 2012-09-01 at 01:04 AM.

It'll be worthed with tier 6 talents on lvl 90 but now still a waste of cd.

Deleted
    As far as i know it increases the damage of your next fire spell by 30%... I'd say that it's not a waste of a GCD

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Klexx View Post
    As far as i know it increases the damage of your next fire spell by 30%... I'd say that it's not a waste of a GCD
    Oh but it is a waste of a GCD - the math has been done a billion times.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

It's a waste of a GCD and a dps loss, but it can be beneficial when you're on the move or the raid is just pulling to supercharge your flame shock, that is if you don't have the glyph that lets you cast lightning bolt on the move (which you should have). But as Felix said, when you get the level 90 talent to improve it, it will be top priority for elemental.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post

Also, alextrazsa has the spells Detect Pregnancy and Track Babies.

if w/ talent lvl90 UF, i believe its worth it, otherwise its still the same as before...

its great when talented on movement heavy fights with glyph of unleashed lightning.

whats with the lvl 90 answers....no shit it worth it at lvl 90 why would you take a talent that buffs a spell and never use said spell? very captain obvious posts here.

but no at 85 untalented its not worth casting because a lightning bolt deals much more damage due to overloads and LS procs etc. vs 1 slightly empowered lvb and instant dmg

the only place you use it is ultraxion macro'd with the shift button.

IF, and only IF you perform this correctly it can be a DPS increase. IF FS is running you can throw a UE, LvB, and while LvB is traveling you put up FS - if you do this correctly both FS and LVB will get the benefit of the increase damage. It has been verified many times but the execution is tight and few can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Klexx View Post
    The math shows it is a waste. The only time it's not is if you pick up Unleashed Fury at level 90.