Screen tearing...

Slight problem here. Using a GTX 660 Ti coupled with a 60Hz TV. The problem is excessive screen tearing. It isn't a problem while playing video games, but when trying to watch a video, it's a different story.

As far as I can tell, screen tearing happens because a PC is able to display more images than the monitor can refresh at once. I've heard that the solution to screen tearing is to turn on adaptive vsync... I turned it on, but still get 120 FPS (according to fraps) while streaming Netflix. Any ideas?

in the nvidia control panel make sure under Change Resolution, the refresh rate is set to 60 and not 120 for whatever reason. if it already is 60, change the default VSync under manage 3d settings to on, and set manually individual games to adaptive if you want to

Still nothing. I've tried adaptive, on, adaptive (half refresh rate) and still getting 120 FPS. Even went into Google Chrome and silverlight separately to change the settings and still not working. Wowzers...

right click desktop, resolution, advanced settings, monitor tab. is 60 hertz selected?