Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Really? Then i'm kinda dissapointed as the damage isn't that significant at all.. what did they think before.. hemo dot 1.9?
    idk why your dissapointed i saw a huge change in the damage from the dot........

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I've done some dummy testing without logs (hence why I didn't make a topic about it just yet) and Envenom was winning out on 5 targets over a 5 minute fight provided it has Slice and Dice running as well. It wasn't by a whole lot, but enough to warrant using Envenom instead of tempest in your AoE rotation. I personally think this doesn't work out in practice though. On Yor'sahj for example you can save up 5 combo points to instantly tempest all the adds who also die just before the tempest dot ends.

I'm not done testing yet, so far there isn't really a clear winner. Tempest does provide some instant high upfront damage which makes it good for snap AoE.
    For burst AoE, you're gonna wanna go sub anyway. The crimson tempest and its dot hit really.. really hard as sub. I've seen crimson tempest dot ticks of 20k as sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fallschick View Post
    idk why your dissapointed i saw a huge change in the damage from the dot........
    It's still pretty pathetic in PvP and only really useful to get the +20% damage modifier up pre-switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    But wouldn't that Yorsajh example go both ways? You could surely rile up some nice damage by saving 5 points, using Envenom, and then spamming FOK's fueled by Envenom.
    You're hitting more than 5 mobs on Yorsaj though. The more you hit at once the less contribution percentage wise the actual envenom damage and extra white swings from SnD.

Now I am curious about Bovan's test, did you just test sustained AE for 5 minutes? If that is the case, you probably didn't have SnD up for the CT one, but odds are even if you pool to start with a 5pt CT you will have a large amount left on SnD meaning it could easily last through the AE phase thus diminishing the benefit of using envenom as you'd have SnD either way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    You're hitting more than 5 mobs on Yorsaj though. The more you hit at once the less contribution percentage wise the actual envenom damage and extra white swings from SnD.

Now I am curious about Bovan's test, did you just test sustained AE for 5 minutes? If that is the case, you probably didn't have SnD up for the CT one, but odds are even if you pool to start with a 5pt CT you will have a large amount left on SnD meaning it could easily last through the AE phase thus diminishing the benefit of using envenom as you'd have SnD either way.
    Well again, it's not a very solid test nor have I actually made logs of the test and analyzed everything afterwards. So please take it all with a grain of salt.

The two things I tried were the following:
    -Put up Slice and Dice, Fan of Knives until 5 combo points, pool about 100 energy and then Envenom and spam Fan of Knives until 5 points. Rinse and repeat, Slice and Dice never fell off.
    -Fan of Knives until 5 combo points, Crimson tempest, rinse and repeat.

I tried both of these methods for 5 minutes exactly about 3 times each. The Envenom one with Slice and Dice was ahead by about 4-6k DPS on 5 targets. The tempest method was without Slice and Dice, but I did make sure I didn't clip any Crimson Tempest ticks.

I personally consider dummy tests silly, but it's all I got. I tried both methods on Yor'sahj heroic as well but there is too much RNG involved in that. The Crimson Tempest method being better there was most likely because we had more black phases or something, it's a bit hard to tell.

EDIT:
    Oh on the 5 mobs and Yor'sahj thing, it spawns 6 mobs + Yor'sahj himself on 10 man if I'm not mistaken. Just throwing it out there.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-09-02 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Oh on the 5 mobs and Yor'sahj thing, it spawns 6 mobs + Yor'sahj himself on 10 man if I'm not mistaken. Just throwing it out there.
    Ah thats probably a pretty important difference. I could be wrong, but I swear he spawns more than that on 25m

Deleted
    Personally this week on Yorsahj, not knowing what the best way to maximize AoE-dmg is atm, I had the plan to have 5 combo points ready and pool some energy as the adds spawned (and to have recently put a rupture up to keep the energy flowing, possibly more important than the SnD for AoE purposes), using envenom and then spamming FoK to 5 CP and CT, FoK to 5 CP and envenom and then spamming FoK for the remainder of the adds (figured the adds would die before I could put up a second CT).

This, however, didn't work out as planned due to legendaries stacking incredibly fast while FoK-ing now with the removal of thrown-weapons. So there was "free" envenoms followed by "free" CTs at times, aswell as keeping rupture up while AoE-ing with ease. I could probably have played it a bit better overall but had kind of severe lag-spikes at times during the raid (although zonozz and yorsahj was by far the least laggy for me).

Here is for Forgotten one's damage taken from that raid:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...?s=1779&e=2029

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Ah thats probably a pretty important difference. I could be wrong, but I swear he spawns more than that on 25m
    You are correct, he spawns way more on 25 man. But I was only able to do a few pulls on 10 man and it seemed like Crimson Tempest as the adds spawned was the better method.

It's a bit of a moot point though, Cotech pretty much explained it already. The legendaries stack insanely fast as Assassination, especially when you are AoEing with FoK. You can keep everything up with ease, although for the sake of testing the one that seemed to win out for me was without Envenom and spamming tempest unless Slice and Dice was falling off.

Since I'm locked out of Dragon Soul this week and really don't have a clue where else I can get some proper logs I would totally appreciate more people going out into the world and getting some logs to look at.

Continue testing, you monster.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-09-02 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    It's still pretty pathetic in PvP and only really useful to get the +20% damage modifier up pre-switch.
    Why are you CTing in pvp anyways?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fallschick View Post
    Why are you CTing in pvp anyways?
    Spreading the bleed.

did it got buffed on live or on beta realms ?
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Envenom + FOK should still win out for Assassination, I reckon.
    If crimson tempest didnt also apply your poisons. It's quite easy as assasination to CT then pop a fan for bursty damage.

Just gonna throw this out there, dicking around in LFR with the guild on Spine (I was playing Sub)
    Sub seems to have an AoE "Rotation".
    CT, FoK 2-3 times (other CPs coming from HaT), CT. Rinse, repeat, reapply SnD as necessary.
    I know these numbers mean nothing but it was still awesome to see, I was pulling 110k Sub AoE sustained for about 9 minutes until we wiped.
    Sang vein makes CT hit like a truck + the buff.

Like I said these #'s mean nothing they are just a fun lil tidbit.

as of now, a 5pt CT with full cata gear ticks for 1.5k. I think they should redo the formula of this spell whatsoever or remove it entirely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by athosprv View Post
    as of now, a 5pt CT with full cata gear ticks for 1.5k. I think they should redo the formula of this spell whatsoever or remove it entirely.
    According to my recount, a full CT dot does about 11-13k damage on one target. Which is... Less than spectacular.