Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    No you are not, because ShS is a very nice mobility CD, BUT:

You can either have the one or the other, both is op. Sorry to be that hard to our class, but its a fact.

PvE wise, ShS and Prep are both viable choices, depending on the situation. 5man and heavy movement encounters, I take ShS over Prep every time. Otherwise, having a second vanish for FW or double my defensive CDs is simply great.

And the best thing is...I can take both of them regardless of my spec...yes, its sad we can't have both, but I won't miss that, as long as I can use them IN FREAKIN MUTILATE SPEC ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wontonheroe View Post
    you are forgetting that they removed the damage component of ShS. that was the big part of using it before + getting behind the target. It's just a targeted blink with a run speed buff now.
    But getting to the target is more time on target, especially in a fight like Madness with a lot of mobility.
    Putin khuliyo

Also seems people are forgetting you can step to friendlies now making step just that much cooler.

Now that prep doesn't reset bomb I think really shadowstep is the stronger choice.

The current system favors if you evaluate each encounter you are in and cater your glyphs/talents to that. Not having ShS and Prep is worse for PvP than PvE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    It's kinda similar to having to choose who you love the more, your father or your mother. Sadly your mother was slighty nerfed, your father has changed a bit and your nanny is all shiny and new and very useful in random battlegrounds.
    I'm sigging this.

Deleted
    I miss it also, i am happy i can swap in and out for it tho just carry lots of regents

Deleted
    This goes only to show that blizz did a good job of making the option of choices within you talents.

15+ Year Old Account
    I raided as Sub in 4.3 without Prep, because I have a personal dislike for "Yo dawg, I heard you liek cooldowns, so we gave you a cooldown that resets your cooldowns..."-Abilities. According to shadowcraft it was a less than 400dps loss to not pick Prep. I could live with that number and enjoyed the one second longer Feint and slightly less damage taken, which helped our healers a lot while progressing on spine.

Needless to say, I picked ShS in 5.04 and I still love it.

Prep is probably the most important on spine, because it gives you an extra find weakness. Your decision makes no math sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Prep is probably the most important on spine, because it gives you an extra find weakness. Your decision makes no math sense.
    Yeah, I agree, that is pretty dumb. If you wanted to take points out of something on spine, the best place was probably to take it out of the talent that refreshed rupture as you weren't gonna rupture on the tendon. Prep was pretty huge as assuming you 2 popped each plate, you could easily have vanish got 5/6 of those. I dunno about you guys but we didn't take 2 minutes to do the 2nd pop on each plate meaning vanish wouldn't be up without prep which results in you not getting 100% FW uptime on the tendon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Tendon dps was not a problem, keeping the players alive however was.