What do you guys think of South East Asia?

Vietnam,Thailand, Myanmar(Burma), Laos, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei Darussalam, Singapore, East Timor, Cambodia

Deleted
    I think of jungles and cheap prostitutes, and monkeys, lots of monkeys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jungles, volcanoes, too much religion in some parts, too moist climate for my taste

Deleted
    Singapore.. I think of Anime heaven. There's quite a few shops there.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Very nice places to be in however having a machete pulled on me forcing me to buy cocaine on the street put me off Thailand. Lots of cheap stuff and a good place to get a custom made set of suits for work... warning they may fall apart tho.

Deleted
    Jungles and cold mountain vistas. I don't really know much about each country in turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    too much disease, I visited the Amazon for a little less than a week, I think it's pretty much like that, only less dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you say Thailand I instantly think of ladyboys!
    What is your intent OP?

10+ Year Old Account
    When I studied in Taiwan I had friends who traveled in that region, they loved it.

I think these threads are becoming too numerous... :/
    Could at least wait a couple of days till the others died

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    I think of jungles and cheap prostitutes, and monkeys, lots of monkeys.
    The Philippines actually destroyed their monkey populations in most of the country by eating them.

as far as the mainland, i think of dense jungles containing some scary creatures, and some heinous dictatorships. jungles i find beautiful but dangerous.

i would love to visit and have my perceptions altered, i know there is far more than what i have been told/shown

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    as far as the mainland, i think of dense jungles containing some scary creatures, and some heinous dictatorships. jungles i find beautiful but dangerous.

i would love to visit and have my perceptions altered, i know there is far more than what i have been told/shown
    Another fun fact: The Philippines has 4 of the 20 biggest malls in the world. It may not sound that impressive, but considering how small the country is, it's pretty cool. A 5th one is being constructed right now, too, which will be the 2nd biggest mall in the world. Just 30 minutes away from me!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_in_the_world
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-09-02 at 07:18 PM.

Deleted
    Singapore I heard is a great country. Not sure how true that is. There's another one too of those, but can't remember which, it's the one sitting on some islands that Indonesia has, sort of like enclaves in it.
    I dreamed of Cambogia last night, so I could write my dream about them

Of rest... not very nice countries to be born in. Cambogia included.

Too hot for me.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that you shouldn't fight a land war there - Monty said so - and that Rangoon is the capital of Burma.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt I would like the tropical climate, but my god they have amazing food there. Nothing quite like a cold day and a hot bowl of pho.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Singapore is my bucket list. Heard from many friends that its a good time.

Definitely a place I'm going to visit some day (which country/countries? I don't know, the more the merrier?). The climate, the nature, the cuisine, the culture... it all just seems so appealing to me. And no, I'm not talking about cheap prostitutes or partying and getting wasted in some tourist resort, nothing like that, no.
    Last edited by ifrah; 2012-09-02 at 10:15 PM.