A request to the computer gurus.

I am sad to say that my current computer is one step up from being made of wood. It runs Cataclysm well enough, but it's a single-core processor and won't be able to handle Mists of Pandaria. Sad to say, it's not a simple issue of upgrading the processor as it's a compact tower not designed to be upgraded(only cost me $200 a couple of years ago. Yes, I'm cheap.)

That's my problem and I'm looking for a solution.

Does anyone have a website that they use to find suitable replacements? My finances are a bit more flexible than they were back when I upgraded for Cataclysm, so I'm open to suggestions.

I'm looking for something that can play the game relatively well on Fair to Good settings. Something that'll let me do 25man raids and 40man BGs without too much lag.

Honestly, I don't care for bells and whistles as WoW is my main source of entertainment online.

So, if anyone can point me in the right direction, or suggest a pre-set model, I'd be grateful.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

What's your budget for a system?

Personally I'd look at one of the "Setup of the Month" builds on the front page, anyone of them should suit your needs just fine. Though if you're not comfortable assembling the system yourself(or know someone that would do it for you) we could suggest a handful of Brand Name systems that would work equally as well once we get a budget from you.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2012-09-03 at 05:50 AM.

Anything under $700 would be preferable, though obviously I know that I 'get what I pay for'. I'm not quite ready to drop more than that, and the closer I can get to $500, the better.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Check the frontpage for Chaud's builds of the month.

Puppy is about $500 and you can get the parts even cheaper if you shop around. It can run 25man at high settings with ~25 fps and medium settings at over 40fps. What it can't do is upgradeability. It's most likely dead-end computer that needs everything swapped if you later want to improve something, which is why the more expensive Dolphin (will do 25man raids at high settings maybe 35fps) might be better pick.

If you're looking for pre-made computers you're pretty much screwed as very few companies offers well balanced low end gaming computers. But who knows.. you might get lucky.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Here's a prebuilt if you absolutely need it. Honestly quite surprised by Cyberpower's prices as of late.

Basically an i3-2120 + HD 7770.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1EF74A
    Last edited by glo; 2012-09-03 at 11:16 AM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    If you go with that, change motherboard to anything else. B75 does not allow overclocking.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.