10+ Year Old Account

Dynamic Event Rewards Decay

I've never had this happen until just now, but it seems that if you're making loops around an area, you'll begin to receive less and less exp/karma/money over time. I ran with a zerg in Straits of Devastation for about an hour before it reached the 80% mark, and shortly thereafter, the 95% mark.

I didn't actually notice this until someone else realized the same thing was occurring for them and mentioned it in area chat. Multiple people began posting their rewards after each event and it appears that there's several levels - 20%, 80%, and 95%.

I don't know how long the reduction lasts at this time, so if there's any information on this out there somewhere, it'd be nice to know.

I have never noticed this. Seems a bit strange since the whole point of the 75-80 zones is to do dynamic events over and over. I am sure I did some events for a couple of hours and did not receive any decay on rewards. I will pay closer attention when I next have an extended session there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezera View Post
    I have never noticed this. Seems a bit strange since the whole point of the 75-80 zones is to do dynamic events over and over. I am sure I did some events for a couple of hours and did not receive any decay on rewards. I will pay closer attention when I next have an extended session there.
    From what i've noticed is it ONLY occurs on the same event, IE if you do the "Defend hylek village X" event every like 10 minutes, your rewards for doing it are going to just plumit, where as if you defend hylek village Y and then X and then go kill some krait attacking quagons you don't get any penalty.

I'm not surprised it's like this since they want you out in the world and not AFKing at a hot spot until an event occurs, this being the case i doubt Orr is going to have these issues seeing as how if you have every event in orr pushed back (IE you have undead pushed back to Arah) within an hour of not doing anything they will have you pushed back to the beach... so yeah, good luck farming events in there!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

noticed that pretty soon in BWE when people would trigger an event one after another, at times i would stay to help them do it and i would see the reward diminished in comparison to what i got when i first cleared it.

nothing surprising, i'im fine with that