Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    How funny is it I can't be proud to be white without being labeled a nazi.

Yet you have black, jewish and arab (islamic) only groups which are totally acceptable. Just a few months back there was an article on a club opened in Australia where only tall men and women were allowed because the founders "were sick of short people" - nobody cared. A white man is not allowed in a baptist church (technically they are, but the people there would strongly 'suggest' you leave) yet if a white man opened a church and scolded black attendants it would be classed a racist and hick gathering filled with low life scum.

It's fucking pathetic.
    Last edited by mmoc9ef3638b9b; 2012-09-03 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    don't forget black only dating site and it was not considered racist.
    But that's not racist. That's a website designed for black people to find other black people. If you aren't a black person looking for other black people, then that's not the website for you.

It's also not racist if a website is white only. If a white person wants to find other white people, that's his/her choice. If you are black/white looking for black/white, check out eharmony or some shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bennebe View Post
    I honestly don't know how anyone could be proud to be a certain skin color. It's not like you did something to earn that skin color. I'm white. This is a fact. It doesn't make me any better than anyone else, and it doesn't make me any worse than anyone else.
    Last edited by Taurous; 2012-09-03 at 06:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bennebe View Post

Sig by Safhira

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    This kind of thing is only racist if whites do it.
    This is the kind of thing only stupid people think

Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    I honestly don't know how anyone could be proud to be a certain skin color. It's not like you did something to earn that skin color. I'm white. This is a fact. It doesn't make me any better than anyone else, and it doesn't make me any worse than anyone else.
    Indeed. Why be proud of something that shouldnt really matter to begin with.
    im part asian part black, should i be proud of my skin color too? i don't feel surperior, so i'd say no
    i simply don't care
    Last edited by mmoce3c3da46cf; 2012-09-03 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    I totally ninjad George Carlin. Awesome.
    Last edited by Taurous; 2012-09-03 at 06:31 PM.

[QUOTE=Taurous;18275052]But that's not racist. That's a website designed for black people to find other black people. If you aren't a black person looking for other black people, then that's not the website for you.

It's also not racist if a website is white only. If a white person wants to find other white people, that's his/her choice. If you are black/white looking for black/white, check out eharmony or some shit like that.

and you don't see the similarities with this situation? in the black website, only black people are invited.
    in this party, only white people are invited.

People need a feeling of belonging to something. I think it's a natural tendency that few people aren't compelled by. It may be irrational, egoistic and potentially isolationist, but there can be some "good" to come from it too (good for the individual, not necessarily for others) which makes it so compelling. Having pride in one's skin color isn't much different than having pride is one's nation, in one's school, in one's political party, in a specific football team, etc. But pride tends to also coincide with animosity towards others that are different, which is why I think pride in one's skin color is especially dangerous. With the wrong mindset, it's a big stepping stone towards racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    This is the kind of thing only stupid people think

Indeed. Why be proud of something that shouldnt really matter to begin with.
    im part asian part black, should i be proud of my skin color too? i don't feel surperior, so i'd say no
    i simply don't care
    because people lump up all white people of different ethnicities into White. Thats why it does not make sense. Being irish or british and being proud of it makes sense because of nationalism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    and you don't see the similarities with this situation? in the black website, only black people are invited.
    in this party, only white people are invited.
    Similarities?

The website is a tool for black people to find other black people to form relationships, a personal choice. There is no invitation involved. Why would a white person want to find black people that are looking for black people? - Not Racist

This party is a party and they are denying access to blacks for no reason other than not wanting to be around them. - Racist

EDIT: I figured I should add: Not being sexually attracted to someone of a different race is not racist. That's just the way things are. So if someone wants to find someone of the same race to have a relationship with, that's completely fine.
    Last edited by Taurous; 2012-09-03 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    That's kind of a strange thing to say, seeing as the opposite... doesn't really seem to have occurred? Nor would it be any less racist to hold a "black only" party.

Shifting the blame leads you nowhere.
    There are plenty of places in my towns ghetto that are "black only." I use quotations because if you really want to go there as a non-black, you could, but it'd be pretty hostile. Yet we don't care, because those events, if you will, tend to end in shootouts (literally).

By no means am I saying that it's not racist, but it's really only called out on when whites do it.

This world. Oh well, I'm going to go to my city's racial pride fair later today, where the whites are wholly represented.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    That's kind of a strange thing to say, seeing as the opposite... doesn't really seem to have occurred? Nor would it be any less racist to hold a "black only" party.

Shifting the blame leads you nowhere.
    Oh I'm sure it has occurred, but since it wasn't the "whites" doing it, it just wasn't reported on by any sort of media outlet. Because racism is only wrong when "Whites" do it, remember?

On Topic: Yea, this white person who only invited whites to his afterparty (Which is at his home) is most likely racist and it's laughably stupid of him to be racist in this day in age, but there's not a thing we can do about who he can and can't invite onto his property. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Linry View Post
    no, but there are black only churches, and black only dating websites.
    I, as a white male, have been to a "black only" church and I can tell you that they aren't only for black people. One of the most inviting and friendly people I have ever met in my life, and not once, even being one of two white people in a crowd of about 300, not once did I ever feel awkward or out of place.

Although, I'm not sure an African American, or any half intelligent person at all, would even want to go to a party with people stupid and ignorant enough to try and segregate in 2012.

It is racist, of course it is! It would be if its whites only or black only it makes no difference. My wife is black so I basically couldnt take her to that reunion because of the color of her skin. I wouldnt let it bother me as if that is the mentality of the organisers then its not worth attending anyway.

yeah, they're racists, but A LOT of people are; if I was uninvited to a class-reunion on account of my ethnicity I don't think I would WANT to go to their reunion.

I wish people would stop bringing attention to this sort of crap as it just helps promote it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ny0ka View Post
    I wish people would stop bringing attention to this sort of crap as it just helps promote it.
    Yeah. Doesn't everyone know that all the world's problems go away if you ignore them?

I learned this from elementary school. At least, I assume it works the same way as bullying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Similarities?

The website is a tool for black people to find other black people to form relationships, a personal choice. There is no invitation involved. Why would a white person want to find black people that are looking for black people? - Not Racist

This party is a party and they are denying access to blacks for no reason other than not wanting to be around them. - Racist

EDIT: I figured I should add: Not being sexually attracted to someone of a different race is not racist. That's just the way things are. So if someone wants to find someone of the same race to have a relationship with, that's completely fine.
    I was going to stay out of this, but your comment is just too amazing to ignore.

Black-only function = okay
    White-only function = BAD

You claim the black-only dating site is fine because it's optional and it's people making the choice to be with people of their own skin color. How, may I ask, is this party any different? It's a party, it's 100% optional. It's white people wanting to be around white people.

So again, can you explain your post to me, since I'm clearly not getting it?

Black people want to socialize with other black people is fine. White people wanting to socialize with other white people...is wrong?

And you honestly don't see the double-standard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Wh...where are you even going with this?

This isn't about blacks being racist, this is about whites being racist.

Of course blacks can be racist too, but that doesn't have anything to do with this particular story.

You do not make sense.
    what he means if that instead of all white after-party it was all black after-party then this wouldn't have made the news...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    I was going to stay out of this, but your comment is just too amazing to ignore.

Black-only function = okay
    White-only function = BAD

You claim the black-only dating site is fine because it's optional and it's people making the choice to be with people of their own skin color. How, may I ask, is this party any different? It's a party, it's 100% optional. It's white people wanting to be around white people.

So again, can you explain your post to me, since I'm clearly not getting it?

Black people want to socialize with other black people is fine. White people wanting to socialize with other white people...is wrong?

And you honestly don't see the double-standard?
    That's where you don't get it. A dating site is meant to start relationships, usually sexual relationships. If a black person is only attracted to other black people, then they would want a black dating site.

A party is entirely different. A party is just a social gathering of people hanging out. If a just being around another race bothers you enough to blacklist them from a party, then that's racist.
    Last edited by Taurous; 2012-09-03 at 06:59 PM.

At first I was all "Those son of a bitches!!" but after finding out that it is a private party all I could think of it "Who gives a crap?". Sucks that there are people who dislikes others based on skin color, weight, racial background, intelligence, sex, etc... Doesn't change the fact that, until they are impeding onto others ability of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness then I can't really say that I care all that much.

Oh by the way, all this racism talk about white have it worse than blacks, men struggle now against women, and any variation of those themes can buggar off. It gets old...