New Computer, Newegg Sale

Trying to take advantage of some of the sales on Newegg this weekend. So far this is what I have:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 1GB Video Card
    Case: Raidmax Blackstorm ATX-615WU ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: Corsair 500W ATX12V Power Supply
    Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor x2

Right now I'm looking for a decently priced motherboard that works. Price-wise, I'm looking for something between $100-$120 if that's possible. I've seen some mixed reviews about gigabytes. Also, is it worth getting a different heatsink for the CPU? If so, I was looking at this: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2

Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Ah, can't post links.

I mean thats a solid build. The GPU may be getting a little dated for high end stuff but itll be just fine for WoW, it's currently what I use. I use an ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 and have had nothing but a great experience with it, but I dont think its still being manufactured due to the newer Z77 chipset so you may like this one. It's $114 from Neweg.

As far as the heatsink goes I have the Hyper 212 Plus and its pretty awesome, never tried that model but it seems to have great reviews. But yeah the stock heatsink for those CPU's is pretty bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a good chance you will run into clearance issues with that memory and heatsink. Look for models with a low profile heat spreader, I believe G.Skill's low profile model is called Ares.

This board has been on sale for the last few days, normally in the $140 range, for the sale price you can't beat it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157293

I would also consider getting a better graphics card, a 7850 or even a 7870 if you have the funds would be a worthwhile investment.

Deleted
    you may should consider getting a better graphic card (or atleast a 560ti), if you plan on gaming (newer) games in ultra/high settings.
    the hyper evo is fine
    motherboard, there are many around, you get "small" for 80 which mostly give everything you need, but for 120 you can get also really good ones (to mention two examples: asrock pro4 (80€) and the asrock extreme4 (120€) (think the prices are 1:1 in dollar))

I'm cutting it pretty close to my budget already. So if I go with the motherboard you both linked and the G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB I should be pretty good? The Hyper 212 Plus is also cheaper than the one I had so I'll just switch them. I'm not too worried about the video card being a little dated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truman View Post
    I'm cutting it pretty close to my budget already. So if I go with the motherboard you both linked and the G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB I should be pretty good? The Hyper 212 Plus is also cheaper than the one I had so I'll just switch them. I'm not too worried about the video card being a little dated.
    Yeah that motherboard and RAM will match up fine. I know what you mean about being tight on budget, I would still really try to get $40 from somewhere to at least jump up to a 7850 you're going to be happier in the long run.

15+ Year Old Account
    The G.Skill Ripjaws will clear most any heatsinks fine. It clears the NH-D14 and that is one of the larger ones. The Hyper 212 isn't "long" enough to reach over the memory modules in most cases
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

MacPro

It you are looking for new computer then you can buy Mac Pro

The Mac Pro replaced Apple's flagship Power Macintosh line. The Power Macintosh G5 also may be of interest. Complete technical specifications for the Mac Pro are below.

For answers to all your Mac Pro questions, please check out the Mac Pro Q&A.

Quote Originally Posted by kite32 View Post
    It you are looking for new computer then you can buy Mac Pro

The Mac Pro replaced Apple's flagship Power Macintosh line. The Power Macintosh G5 also may be of interest. Complete technical specifications for the Mac Pro are below.

For answers to all your Mac Pro questions, please check out the Mac Pro Q&A.
    Lol, OP is looking for a value for money gaming PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    The G.Skill Ripjaws will clear most any heatsinks fine. It clears the NH-D14 and that is one of the larger ones. The Hyper 212 isn't "long" enough to reach over the memory modules in most cases
    Yeah that's true in some cases (not all) but I see no point in taking the risk for no reason.