10+ Year Old Account

(OOC) Back& Questions

Hey!
    Sorry for disappearing on any threads i was in, had alot of irl work stuff to deal with (ended up getting let go from work). I took a break from wow to sort out life and had to move back home *sigh*. With the release of Mop soon i wanna make my shaman into a panda and just wondering what their lore was like or if anyone knows places i can read about it?
    Last edited by kinderfield; 2012-09-04 at 01:55 AM.
    The Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death.

In terms of resources on pandaren, you could check their wiki page. In terms of pandaren shaman, there isn't really anything about them yet, as far as what I've seen. According to the non-canon RPG books, their culture is similar to the tauren, though taking a somewhat different approach to worship and the like, so that might be a good place to draw some information from. Since it IS non-canon however, if information comes to light that makes your approach incorrect, you'll have to edit the bio. Not to say that should deter you from making your pandaren, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, someone mentioned that they might not be traditional shaman is saying more like a geomancer then a orc shaman. Saying "You may not meet a totem dropping, dye-in-the-wool shaman but the prevailing philosophy of the class, that of harmony with the spirits, seems pretty pervasive in Pandaren culture as a whole."

So if my idea was to say that my shaman uses water offensively more then the other elements not sure why, i know i wanted to do something different then fire & air offensively all the time. Could that be usable? how would you incorporate a non roleplay name like (stiles) into it or would i end up having to change it?

Pretty much any culture with a spiritual or primal side has shamans.

And goblins. Because, um... step 1: master the elements, step 2: ???, step 3: profit.

I wouldn't see any problems with having a shaman use water more offensively, there's certainly some aspects of water that are... harsh.

In terms of actual named combat styles, there's absolutely no mention of them, so in case Blizzard DID decide to throw them into the lore, you would have to change their names.

10+ Year Old Account
    ah kool thats exciting to know then. But when i meant name i meant character name.

Well the pandaren page on wowpedia has a list of notable names and examples of clans. Take inspiration from that. First names appear to be influenced by chinese, if that makes it easier.