Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Feral pvp problems

I am having a lot of problems 1v1ing it, anyone else? ive been dualing this warrior and he is just owning me, im only winning maybe 1 out of 3 or 4. Those of you who are succeeding give me some insight what are you doing or what might i be doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Books View Post
    I am having a lot of problems 1v1ing it, anyone else? ive been dualing this warrior and he is just owning me, im only winning maybe 1 out of 3 or 4. Those of you who are succeeding give me some insight what are you doing or what might i be doing wrong?
    Everything. If you're losing to warrior, you're just asking for it. I can usually kill them on the opener just with bleeds. I can also just AFK 2 min and still be alive. Warriors do shit dmg; Ferals do ridiculous dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterland View Post
    Everything. If you're losing to warrior, you're just asking for it. I can usually kill them on the opener just with bleeds. I can also just AFK 2 min and still be alive. Warriors do shit dmg; Ferals do ridiculous dmg.
    bad troll is bad troll go away.

I am not new to this feral game, and i am trying very hard and it isnt working.

I just dueled a fury warrior, beat so fast he wanted to duel me again. After 4 losses to me he stopped dueling me. My opener was usually...
    -0pt savage roar
    -pounce
    -TF
    -mangle
    -rake
    -shred
    -rip
    -insta root
    -get some range, pop rejuv
    -0pt SR
    -move back in and continue

Now the fight didn't always go like that, at least half started that way. All my duels ended with me at 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Books View Post
    bad troll is bad troll go away.

I am not new to this feral game, and i am trying very hard and it isnt working.
    There is no way you can lose to a warrior without actively trying to.
    Rejuvenation itself will outheal any dmg he can dish.
    NS -> HT will get you back to full at any time.

Jesus, before accounting for crits, my baseline bleeds themselves do around 120k :
    Pounce : 13530
    Rake : 7562 + 37810
    Rip : 61160

Add in 41% crit : 169k
    Substract resilience, accounting for pvp power (~35% less dmg) : 110k.

Were not counting other attacks or even using cooldowns. This is baseline what out OPENER looks like. My burst is around 25k Ravage every second for 10 seconds. On my cooldowns/trinkets, my rip goes up to 90k to give you an idea.

So yes, I truly believe you're asking for it if you're losing to a warrior (or any class for that matter - I've yet to lose since the patch although I've only done 50ish duels since).

Not quite sure what private server you're on if a Rejuvenation is out-healing a Warrior, they are doing some pretty nice damage currently. Edit: Baj just uploaded another video, might as well link it just to add some source to my comment - http://youtu.be/yhC7yvXYFwE

With that being said, a Kitty should still win against a Warrior in 1v1 with the healing you can do now.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-09-04 at 03:28 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem I ever had 1v1 with warriors was that annoying second wind proc that makes them take forever to die and Die By The Sword was just plain annoying, but is cc'able thankfully.

But if they get second wind up just stun and get a 5cp bite on them = gg

But yes, they obviously aren't as easy as they were in pre-5.0.4
    Last edited by Krusza; 2012-09-04 at 04:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use PS procs for healing touch, make sure SR is up, Powershift to get out of snares and kite abit bleed him, you dont have to just tunnel him all duel, its what i do, stack bleeds then just shift out of hamstring and kite him just out of charge range so he doesnt charge you.

you can also pick Displacer Beast and do this

0 CP SR>Pounce>Tigers Fury>rake>Mangle (stun from Pounce should run out here) > Mighty bash > Rip > desplacer beast and run around while he just bleeds half his health, if he trinkets, NS cyclone him and spam prowl, enough time to restealth
    Last edited by Shifthappens; 2012-09-04 at 04:27 AM.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnalsyn View Post
    -mangle
    Reminder: mangle doesn't put a debuff anymore and is only useful as a combo builder when you can't get behind to shred, so you don't need it during your opener.
    (I do have a hard time myself to shake the habit of making sure that I mangle before applying rake and rip)

Also, if you have difficulties killing warriors, perhaps using thrash for the weakened blows debuff could help. It costs a lot of energy in cat though.
    Last edited by mmocd6cf53cb07; 2012-09-04 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by furniture View Post
    Reminder: mangle doesn't put a debuff anymore and is only useful as a combo builder when you can't get behind to shred, so you don't need it during your opener.
    Hmm, not really. It still adds a moving impairing debuff which is helpful in the case to create distance between you and the opponent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Hmm, not really. It still adds a moving impairing debuff which is helpful in the case to create distance between you and the opponent.
    Shred does that too.

Shred does that too.
    Touche, I derped.

(I do have a hard time myself to shake the habit of making sure that I mangle before applying rake and rip)
    Ya. When the patch dropped I respec'd out of feral to playtest balance pvp. Last night was my first time back to feral since the patch hit. Old habits are hard to break.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterland View Post
    There is no way you can lose to a warrior without actively trying to.
    Rejuvenation itself will outheal any dmg he can dish.
    Seems legit...

I honestly haven't had much trouble with warriors, but I've been having a helluva time with rogues and holy paladins in the 1v1 department. Of course, I'm trying everything w/o Incarnation, so I'm a glutton for punishment.

With rogues I think the problem lies with SR, because if you cannot get a full opener on them, SR will drop before a Rip can be applied. About the only chance is being able to get a reset and having combo points for a longer SR at the start of combat. Rogues currently have better passive avoidance than Ferals, so it's usually in the Rogue's favor if you have to perform face-to-face combat. Also, I think the word's out about SR, since even in BGs I see everyone targeting the random Ferals for a free kill... at least I always do on my mage and rogue.

Holy paladins... yeah, I think Holy Shock + Denounce spam is a little too much damage for a healer. I'm going to write that off as broken at 85 and pre-expansion.

I think most of our 1v1 (and beyond) relies heavily on getting a long enough SR up in case you cannot have uninterrupted attack time on your target... and having Incarnation. Loving boomkin PvP, at least!
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I prefer SotF over incarnation honestly. And SotF isn't even working properly right now lol. I don't like being too CD reliant. Poppin cds and having your target get away, go immune, cc you, whatever....it's not what I like basing my fights around.

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Seems legit...
    I hope that was sarcasm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmofiend View Post
    I hope that was sarcasm.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=seems%20legit

class balances are a bit messy now after patch. Warrior second wind is healing a lot and dragon roar has 3sec stun but in mop it will be only 0.5sec etc. It will be more balanced @ level 90 (similar to what it was before 5.0) 3 weeks to go

I find that casters (Mages and Warlocks in particular) are destroying anything in sight. If more than one are even in your vicinity now you are usually dead in seconds.