Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warrior PvP strengths and weaknesses 5.0.4

hey everyone, as the title says im after all of your opinions as to what the warrior strengths and weaknesses are as of the new patch.
    I broke my hand a few weeks ago so have been unable to play wow at all since the patch (which totally sucks!).

so if any of you would be so kind as to tell me how you feel warriors are atm? any class that is giving you real trouble and why would be a nice start.

thanks for reading and hope to get lots of replys.

Shockwave being a talent for every spec now feels amazing. A 4sec stun with a 20sec cooldown is pretty useful. Hope they don't change it.

Warriors are actually feeling a lot more balanced now. Our strength is that we are much more mobile due to talent changes, Double time, Safeguard, 30 sec HL etc.

Our weaknesses have stayed the same though, roots / being kited now that we lost our hamstring root kinda sucks, but more often than not I play with a healer anyways whom can dispel or BoF me either way.

Shockwave is indeed amazing, I don't think that they will change it (or at least hope not), the amount of control it gives us is awesome.

We have problems against roots. I find myself very often trinketing roots or simply not playing because of them.
    Shockwave is extremely good.
    Our mobility if you exclude roots is godlike.
    Our CC with one minute fear, 20 sec shockwave and gag order is not bad towards good.
    Our defensive cooldowns with defensive stance, shield wall, mass spell reflection, thunderclap, disarm, die by the sword and rallying cry are not bad. If you combine those defensive cooldowns with our extremely well mobility and second wind we are good. If you add a healer we are godlike.
    Our damage is average towards good. I want to see how avatar and banners help improve. However there are classes that outdps me easily.

I am under the impression that if we had a root breaker, I would most probably be happy. Right now I am content.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's alot more offensive control now with Shockwave, Gag order, auto slow with glyph and the Kick Shout.
    Being able to hit buttons in defensive stance is awesome too. Also the short CDs of die by the sword and fear are quite nice.
    Warriors are still easy to kite but remember that Avatar is not yet available.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    We have problems against roots. I find myself very often trinketing roots or simply not playing because of them.
    Shockwave is extremely good.
    Our mobility if you exclude roots is godlike.
    Our CC with one minute fear, 20 sec shockwave and gag order is not bad towards good.
    Our defensive cooldowns with defensive stance, shield wall, mass spell reflection, thunderclap, disarm, die by the sword and rallying cry are not bad. If you combine those defensive cooldowns with our extremely well mobility and second wind we are good. If you add a healer we are godlike.
    Our damage is average towards good. I want to see how avatar and banners help improve. However there are classes that outdps me easily.

I am under the impression that if we had a root breaker, I would most probably be happy. Right now I am content.
    Keep in mind that the addition of banners and avatar will help improve our both our damage and our defense against roots/snares. Safeguard to me sounds like its advantage in pvp is partially missing right now without banners, which we can safeguard to and break roots without a friendly being around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaum View Post
    Shockwave being a talent for every spec now feels amazing. A 4sec stun with a 20sec cooldown is pretty useful. Hope they don't change it.
    I am hoping to try this later this week if my modem is ever repaired thus far I have only been able to use Dragon Roar ..which is still pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    Keep in mind that the addition of banners and avatar will help improve our both our damage and our defense against roots/snares. Safeguard to me sounds like its advantage in pvp is partially missing right now without banners, which we can safeguard to and break roots without a friendly being around.
    does safeguard break roots? I am not trolling I am just under the impression it doesn't

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    does safeguard break roots? I am not trolling I am just under the impression it doesn't
    Well it's supposed to do so according to its tooltip. Idk if it really does since I've been using mass spell reflect.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    Well it's supposed to do so according to its tooltip. Idk if it really does since I've been using mass spell reflect.
    I am also using msr. I am under the impression it doesn't break roots.

I want to add regarding banners that the implementation is awful. You can't target with a macro your banners and you cant mouseover them. Meaning you have to click the banner to the ground. Target the banner and hit the safeguard hotkey. I am not doing this in less than 3-4 seconds which defeats their purpose.

In its previous implementation (Base intervene + Warbringer as prot), Safeguard did not break roots, only slows. That being said, Removing a slow every 30 seconds isn't terrible. Though I'd run MSR for solo/bg play (Unless they were organized BGs or I was with a friend)

Throw even one more friendly into the equation and I'd find myself taking safeguard. Reliable snare remover with a nice Damage reduction component for your healer (If you SG to them) -- It's pretty hard to beat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    Yeah, safeguard works as intended and breaks roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbunny View Post
    Yeah, safeguard works as intended and breaks roots.
    This. I've been running Safeguard since 5.0.4 went live and have used it countless times to break roots, even once or twice in PvE!

How are you finding hunters and mages so far? Mages the same as ever? Or can keep decent up time?

Quote Originally Posted by dapper85 View Post
    How are you finding hunters and mages so far? Mages the same as ever? Or can keep decent up time?
    I am using a "tanking" dps spec - trying to gem,gear and enchant stamina - and I can fight hunters and mages indefinately on a 1v1 situation. I must do a mistake in my defensive rotation, or the mage needs to get some RNG in order to kill me. I think the best spell helping survive those two kiting classes is the short cd shockwave. What surprised me is that I even managed to beat a rank 1 mage while I am far worse than that level. However that only happened one time. I usually lose against good mages.

Safe Guard does break roots, the warbringer talent used to break roots as well.

Apparently blizzard's answer to "we can't get out of roots" is "take bladestorm and/or safeguard". Too bad bladestorm really isn't an option for PvP and while safeguard is awesome and all, being forced to rely on a partner/healer for fighting a single mage, hunter or druid really isn't fun. I know I know, not balanced around 1v1 but I don't understand why other classes don't have to suffer being forced to rely on a partner for mandatory abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Well in duels I'm gonna try safe guard, and when rooted just drop a banner near Mage/hunter whoever it is and intervene sounds good in theory but will have to see how it turns out. But as far as arena mass spell reflect has so many possibilitys can't look past taking that.

According to http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pvp/warrio...ty-and-details Strength is best, then PvP power and then Crit for PvP.
    Was hoping crit would be valued more since it can give you a higher enrage up time with 10% more dmg and more reliable rage, and faster movement speed if you take that enrage speed talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Personally i`ve rolled with dragon roar alot, but shockwave is great, mainly pick dragon roar since i personally feel that if timed right, when you get their shields down and whatnot, a good dragon roar hit can easily win you a game, kinda miss bladestorm since it was my main rootbreaker, but now it doesnt feel very viable to me

Mass reflect feels great, having 2 reflects rocks especially when 1 also reflects for my team mates.
    Still waiting for release to see if dragon roar still has the damage that would give it an edge over shockwave