Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Those "What the..." moments (League of Legends)

I've been looking and can't find any thread where this would fit, so gonna start one.

Share your WTF moments! Actions so stupid, genius, lucky, unlucky or just plain improbable and illogical you just could not help but stare, gape and wonder "What the fuck was that...?"

One piece from me: Been playing due queue with a friend, he lately took a liking to supporting with Nunu. Well, Nunu stealing a dragon or such ain't anything special, is it? How about stealing it with his -ultimate-? We got our asses kicked in a small fight near the dragon, ended up retreating and giving up on the flying lizard. My friend arrives late, and knowing the dragon is underway he flashes into the pit only to notice the dragon has been leashed out and the enemies likely are in fog of war outside. Now, instead of trying to consume the bastard and probably dying afterwards he decides to remain hidden inside behind the wall and starts channelling the Absolute Zero. Effect? A double kill along with secured dragon with a full, 3 second ultimate fired off plus the biggest WTF face I made in a long time. It was freaking worth it do die and lose that fight just to be able to witness that action in its' full glory.
    Last edited by Axethor; 2012-09-04 at 05:03 PM.

My WTF moment would be as Nautilus, baron fight. A friend who played Caitlynn, scored a Quadra kill right there. And i kinda took that final kill. BUT; It was my only kill, that whole match.
    Ace

The other was with the same friend, last weekend; Baron fight 1; I miss smited cause their team was really close, Baron had like, 100 hp left. Ez's ult, from across the map! secured it for us.
    Second baron fight; Enemy team was fighting it already, we were running to it; 780 hp baron left, run in>smite steal and get 4 or 5 kills, (don't remember exactly) for 1.
    Last edited by Axethor; 2012-09-04 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Playing as a Fiddlesticks jungler, having Cassiopeia on mid. My ultimate twice, two quadrakills, and two one-inch dots made sure I never yet accomplished a real pentakill. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    All better, cleaned up the thread and added extra to the title so there shouldn't be anymore confusion.

I've had plenty. Once I was playing as Darius and I used my pull to grab the enemy blue buff from their jungler just as it hit smite range.

Ezreal ult from the inhibitor turret in mid lane, killed the enemy Lux in bot lane at their second turret after my Fiora backed off and pinged for my ult. (To be fair, that whole game was my pulling off ridiculous shit with Ez's ult. I've never had a game come close to that since)

I've been killed by a Draven ult in the fountain. I was really low health, so I recalled. I saw the Draven ult go by, thought nothing of it, then right when I got to base the Draven ult came back and killed me.

Friend stole a baron kill as Brand with his W and without any vision on baron. Twice in the same game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably have to go with my Nunu auto attack during the late game where I accidently last hit the final champion while Katarina was about to get a penta kill. I felt so bad and didn't even realize at the time she was on her quadra. I mean this was literally an auto attack from a tank that killed the champion.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest WTF for me was a moment in Dominion where I played as Garen, and used my spin and tried to queue my ult on an enemy Nidalee (back when you could do that), with a low-health enemy Sejuani nearby. I die, and my ult ends up killing Sejuani instead of Nid.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-09-04 at 08:14 PM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was playing Olaf and I was asked to check baron but I had no wards available so I tossed my axe and then see that I just stole baron buff with a level 1 undertow (they were trying to 3 man it at 22 minutes as they had two wriggles)

Me playing as Vayne, enemy WW ults me and just before that I condemn him cancelling his ult... twice in that game... who needs QSS?

Trying to use fizz ult to cancel shen ult and just ended killing bot lane who he was trying to save.

15+ Year Old Account
    My most wtf moment was to steal a Baron with Ashe's ulti.
    I was farming bot along with my support in one of those LOOOONG games. We were around min 25 when suddenly mid and their carry disappear. Their solo top was quite low on health after a fight with ours and I was pushing bot to destroy the tower.
    The solo top asked me for an ulti. I used it and llike 5 seconds later we get a baron buff.
    Last edited by Karmian; 2012-09-14 at 02:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmian View Post
    My most wtf moment was to steal a Baron with Ashe's ulti.
    I was farming bot along with my support in one of those LOOOONG games. We were around i=min 25 when suddenly mid and their carry disappear. Their solo top was quite low on health after a fight with ours and I was pushing bot tu destroy the tower.
    The solo top asked me for an ulti. I used it and llike 5 seconds later we get a baron buff.
    Haha, epic! Do you use LoL replays? You should YouTube it if you do, would love to see that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by samhazza View Post
    Haha, epic! Do you use LoL replays? You should YouTube it if you do, would love to see that.
    Unfortunately I don't have a replay, that was the thing that made me to get it, but I promise I will upload some other wtf moments

Was playing Warwick yday as a solo top, see the enemy Darius porting away at low health. Only way I could get to him in time was to use my ulti as a gap closer, I used it right as he ported back and got teleported to his turret, not only that but he managed to squeeze in a q to get the shut down bonus
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2012-09-14 at 08:58 PM.

I used shen ulti on my teams WW, to help him in a fight, there Lee was recalling with about 100 hp, WW ultied him just as he teleported, bringing me and WW to there base. Lee hit a E and got both are sprees lol. Wish i had a replay, got it first thing after that lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    My whole team was aced once and I had a little under 2k hp. They were doing baron and the game was pretty much over , so I thought , what the hell why not. I dived in popped my W and was thrown back by Allistar, Gragas then ulti's me and shoots me back in , my shield explodes and I steal baron. We still lost but it was pretty epic :P

Deleted
    Playing Leona. Enemy team on Baron. Everyone is miles away. Pop shield, flash into them. Shield explodes, stole the kill, also killed Teemo. Random Ashe ult comes in from across the map. Start running away. Use my ult, whole team slowed. Got away with an ignite on and about 30something hp when it was over. Still died 10 seconds later, but it was quite amazing.

blindfiring ez ult at baron thinking that enemy team is sure to be doing it because all mia.
    stealing baron buff.

Played some drunk LoL late last night, jungling hecarim. Died to a minion relatively early, nunu support left/disconnected at lvl 8, got mopped in a couple early teamfights. Then we started winning teamfights. A lot. Our Varus was usually focused quickly, so we missed a lot of damage as these fights went on, but the Riven and I were apparently unkillable. We went from having to push the other team out of base, losing an inhib to wrecking face in from of baron and immediately taking nexus. Not really sure how that happened.

Just had one.

Accept a game invite, then game locks up. Tried to log back in and got this.

I mostly play fighting games these days.