Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Anyone else other than me enjoying the new RET?

I get HP quicker now , have a snare, can't get kited and in bgs I do the overall most damage , the only classes that beat me occasionally are fire mages , and sometimes DKs that's about it! I have to say that I'm liking the new ret pally for pvp a lot better now than Cata I hope I'm not alone on this one! But I think Ret pallies are in a good place pvp wise. PVE could be a different story though, but we will have to wait till level 90 and see!

I love the new ret a lot! only class I have issues beating atm is rogue and that just because I make mistakes with my cds. dk I beat aswell though their healing is even strong than that of my ret(feels that way) and I'm tearing a hole in every mage I get to fight!!! payback for every time my wings got spell stolen :evilgrin:

I'm liking the pve as well, unfortunately I think it will calm down a lot at 90 though...

I spiked at 173k dps on heroic ultraxion, and ended up at 64k dps by the time we killed it. Nobody could touch me.
    Last edited by Torchbringer; 2012-09-04 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it. I always had a hard time playing paladins before but since the patch I'm loving my paladin. Literally the first time since the game came out that actually had a lot of fun playing one.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by RetGimpkingdom View Post
    I get HP quicker now , have a snare, can't get kited and in bgs I do the overall most damage , the only classes that beat me occasionally are fire mages , and sometimes DKs that's about it! I have to say that I'm liking the new ret pally for pvp a lot better now than Cata I hope I'm not alone on this one! But I think Ret pallies are in a good place pvp wise. PVE could be a different story though, but we will have to wait till level 90 and see!
    Oh yeah I love the new Ret especially with Divine Purpose for questing and in PVP. I am mostly out damaged by Frost DKs, Boomkins, Spriests and Warlocks. Well most casters probably have the Trinket and Dagger from DW. But yes, the snare is pretty much a good QOL addition. Was always annoying when people on mounts could out run you and there was nothing you could do. Or the demos in SoTA. Its pretty fun snaring people these days including Hunters and Mages.

The rotation feels very fluid. I ain't standing around a long time waiting to generate Holy Power. Also another good QOL addition was the removal of a CD on WOG.

However, PVE is a completely different story. I was the top damage in most of my raids. Since the patch, I am not even in the top 5. Frost DKs and Mages are simply ridiculous right now in PVE. Our sustained damage is mediocre at best. However, burn phases our DPS simply sky rocket. For example I was around 22-24K for most of the fight on Morchok. However, once we popped Heroism and I popped Guardian and AW, my DPS rose to 36K. Its quite ridiculous really. Outside our CDs, Crusader hits like a wet noodle. TW doesn't crit as often as it use to.

Honestly didn't think they could make Ret more boring but they pulled it off.

Deleted
    new ret paladin is improved either in pvp or pve :
    1-REt pally was very lame class for movement specially during the fights you needed to cover big area like yorsaj which cause to lose loads of dps even with IJ talent and on PVP all the rang classes could kite pallys easy and now with speed of light you can have even odds to face the rang classes.
    2-DP TV proc was somthing by luck , sometime you get more sometime less for the same fight so it affected the ret dps as well and now with HA pallys get much more sustain dps cause DP TV dont play any role by chance here .
    3-pallys have more defensive spell in arsenal like sacrade shield (TT) and DP and passive US (TT) which reduce CD on LOH and DS that plays major role on survibility .
    4-Having better stunt talent wich is very good for PVP and PVE ,BOG or FOJ (with30sec CD) re realy awesome.
    I mean what els?guys what els did you asked for?
    Blizzard tried to repair Ret class and created new era and for that I owe them a big thanks and hope (finger cross) dont try to nerf Ret in future soon.
    Last edited by mmoc776c84bbaa; 2012-09-05 at 12:16 AM.

Deleted
    I find the "rotation" much more controled than before. Its somewhat more boring but more controled and relaxed (no Divine purpose build).

Unfortunately i think there's a gigantic leap between our damage witout cooldowns and with cooldowns poped. Well, its suposed to be fun to press cooldowns and see burst happen, but it seems ret paladins are still exagerated in that regard. Even if you line up your cooldowns one after the other to make sure you have something up most of the time, it still feels way too bursty and when everything is on cooldown you just feel you are in "limp mode".

The only way to balance it is to nerf the cooldowns and buff the "normal damage", or else we are either extremely OP in pvp or extremely lackluster in sustainable dps on long fights.

Or... give us more cooldowns that can't be used in conjunction with others, so that we always have some cooldown up virtualy making us in a gameplay "niche" of rotating cooldowns depending on the situation, but that doesnt seem the best aproach by far.

im loving it for now but i have a feeling it wont last long the qqs and screams from the dying hordes im crushing in bgs will reach blizz eventually and ret will get nerf batted again

I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

With all the crying over holy atm, ret might just slip under the nerf bat radar.

I'm anticipating an monstrous holy nerf thus planning on lvling as ret come MoP

Deleted
    Don't get used to this an awful lot though, in Mists of Pandaria at level 90, haste will lose it's value and it will be crit>mastery>haste once again with the old playing style of 4.3 with some additions.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkChaos View Post
    Don't get used to this an awful lot though, in Mists of Pandaria at level 90, haste will lose it's value and it will be crit>mastery>haste once again with the old playing style of 4.3 with some additions.
    And why exactly would haste lose its value and crit, which does less than nothing for us be ahead of mastery all of the sudden?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

15+ Year Old Account
    It's like McDonalds for me. I'm Loving it.

Sure I wish damage was a bit higher, and sure we're not at 90 so it's hard to have a sit down and judge, but I do like the flow so far. I love Paladins though, so I'm just happy we get any attention really.

It's good to see people love it too!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by DarkChaos View Post
    I dont know what your talking about. Cause i forge mastery atm and im having a blast with Ret in pvp. I dont like pve so cant comment for that area. And at 90 as said on arena junkies mastery>haste. At 85 haste>mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    With all the crying over holy atm, ret might just slip under the nerf bat radar.

I'm anticipating an monstrous holy nerf thus planning on lvling as ret come MoP
    Shockadins are BOUND to be nerfed. This isn't even debatable. The only question is if they will be nerfed naturally by the increased health pools in MoP capable of taking their ridiculous damage and them being unable to fully heal with 1 spell OR will they receive actual nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel like rets (and warriors for that matter) got too much mobility. when melee dps become unkitable with snares and sprints theres no breathing room for casters which results with blizz rubberbanding it with stupid mechanics like casting on the move and making more and more spells instants...not sure if i like it ;<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    i feel like rets (and warriors for that matter) got too much mobility. when melee dps become unkitable with snares and sprints theres no breathing room for casters which results with blizz rubberbanding it with stupid mechanics like casting on the move and making more and more spells instants...not sure if i like it ;<
    It comes in response though, no?
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    Rets arnt a melee class anymore we are now HUNTERS with wings and a heal ... ( every hunters wet dream ) lol

damage is pretty ok i dont have a issue with it but i only run a t1 weapon i havnt picked up my t2 ... im sure the damage is vastly different

but the setup that we can build for damage is RETARDED ! i love it ... i sit to 5hp buff SS > wog 3pt > 2pt Inq then go to town ... your builders will hit retarded hard ... your exo if it crits makes baby jesus cry ... the only thing really sad is i feel TV is a little laggy now due to the new spell animation the damage on that seems ok but the mastery seems really slow to pop up sometimes

Deleted
    Rets are unkitable. Ability that removes movement impairing effects on no cooldown ? A talent that allows hand of freedom to be used 2 times before it goes on cd ? Speed boost when you judge ? Ranged hamstring when you judge (if you don't take this for pvp, you are clueless) ? Exorcism crits that hit like a truck ?

We are in severe danger of causing mage QQ and you know mage tears are sacred to GC.