Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    i just solo'd the first boss of heroic halls of origination

healed a group with a terrible healer

definitely enjoying this shit lol

It's definitely fun will get better at 90 with the last talent, but maybe cause i've been prot since icc but ret feel a bit slower then what i remember, it's not bad at all just takes a bit to get use to.

Deleted
    It feels good tbh, and just now i found out that holy avenger makes ur weapon looks like ashbringer !
    Wtf :P

Deleted
    Blizzard is just trolling. They make us feel good "now" before MoP so no one complains in MoP or they can say "next expansion"

I couldn't stand ret in cata it was so butchered and obviously rushed with no thought to the future of the class much like the botched implementation of seal of truth as our main dps seal... but it seems like chasing that rabbit down the hole finally paid off as ret is not only playable now but it is back to being fun - we have the same kindve healing utility we had pre 4.0 (so now we can keep up with the other hybrids that could outheal us so easily in cata) and our dmg output is not so binary anymore with the addition of the two "reserve" holy power blobs. It feels like some time has been spent making it work now, rather than just trying to make it work after the stupidity of removing seal of blood and sticking us with seal of truth for dps when seal of command was RIGHT THERE IN THE RET TREE.

I've been playing a paladin since Wrath (hunter since BC too). I was Prot/Holy in Wrath and Holy MS/Prot in Cata. Ret was playable in WOTLK and I enjoyed it occasionally but with a pure DPS as my main I wasn't too into it. When I made my paladin my main in Cata, I had to drop ret. I hated it. I just respec'd to Holy MS / Ret OS and geared up over the last two weeks with the easy 397 justice point items. I can now easily top a 5man meter and pull 30-40k with a 390ish item level on ret (I still use crappy tank trinkets too). I don't see any DPS concerns here, but I do see the burst vs sustainable difference is HUGE. Our AOE takes way too long to get started, so much so that it's practically useless in most 5m situations this late in a patch.

I'm sure once MOP goes live it will all balance out though. I'm very happy with the current state of Ret and look forward to getting back into the Spec. Being able to WOG like a boss is definitely a plus, I solo a lot of content. I waltz through WOTLK raids solo no problem.

Was the 10 sec CD removed from WoG? If so, I suspect a nerf very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Was the 10 sec CD removed from WoG? If so, I suspect a nerf very soon.
    They did. Chainprocs on DP for WoG spam is insane, but it seems the healing isn't that crazy at level 90 as it is now. In PvP it's not like Rets got a lot of defensive CD's. We're really squishy and it's hard to stick on melee targets. Blinding Light will probably help quite a bit, but I feel we're still gonna have to be in comps that can peel targets off us or we're always gonna be the nuke target. I beat all melees except good rogues in duel, as well as hunters, but that's me kiting them to death letting my guardian, tentacles and censure do the job while I keep myself alive.

I do tend to find the aoe quite slow, burst is insane with H/A. To smooth out your dps, I have been using Divine Purpose to have more consistent dps. H/A is great for the current 5 man bosses since they go down very quickly.

So are people generally leaning toward HA or DP for PvP these days? Seems that if DP is consistent enough the healing from it would make us a force to be reckoned with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well HA is probably better if you like to focus fire after getting defenses down or generate hp when you know you need it desparately, but the unpredictability of DP is pretty potent.

but DP honestly just feels like it works the same as it always has, was just made a talent.