Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose that it's possible, however unlikely, that Blizzard is sending a message to players who grandly announce that they AFK through LFR and get their loot afterwards. LFR has been somewhat more difficult than expected on beta as well. Whether that stays that way or if this is a bug or not remains to be seen. Pushing up the need to pay some minimal attention to mechanics is welcome though if that's what's going on.

Deleted
    As long as people are dying because they do not understand game mechanics or are too lazy to move, then there isn't any problem.. People need to wake up and learn how the game works! I managed to heal 50% of total healing done last time im was in LFR (was in Monday)

Simply there are too many idiots or slackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Luamu View Post
    It's cause resistances were removed, they haven't scaled DMG down in DS so everything seems to hit harder (due not resisting any of it)..
    At least on Normal and Heroic, the stomp damage from Morchock is physical. I am guessing the same applies to LFR.

As for DS not being tuned down, I doubt this is the case. They have reduced some of the damage on Ragnaros heroic, and I certainly noticed a lot of magical damage in DS hitting for way less then the nerf from 30% to 35% would imply. The explosion when you kill the bloods on spine heroic is a good example. Before the patch, you needed a strong healer CD if you were to AoE a lot of them down. After the patch I AoE'd them down troughout the fight, and the raids HP barely moved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bendeis View Post
    The explosion when you kill the bloods on spine heroic is a good example. Before the patch, you needed a strong healer CD if you were to AoE a lot of them down. After the patch I AoE'd them down troughout the fight, and the raids HP barely moved.
    someone reported here that searing plasma absorb healing amount was reduced considerably (like almost factor of 2). That for sure would contribute to the healing requirement.

I also think (didn't check the numbers, just the feeling) that Ultraxion AoE damage was reduced as a part of resistance adjustment, despite it was not resistable at first place.

Resistances worked out to around 20% damage reduction for a full strength buff (i.e. resist totem, pally aura, prayer of shadow res, aotw), iirc.

So if that's now removed, you'll be taking 20% more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Resistances worked out to around 20% damage reduction for a full strength buff (i.e. resist totem, pally aura, prayer of shadow res, aotw), iirc.

So if that's now removed, you'll be taking 20% more damage.
    Damage was changed to counter for no resistances, so no you're not taking 20% more damage.

have to try it today then..report later.

People have to do things now instead of spam button & ignore mechanic?

Egads. They're making us work for that last minute useless LFR gear, eh?

Looks like a definite bug. If you check the dungeon journal and see what damage is listed for Morchok's stomp you'll see that something fishy is going on.

Stomp damage:
    10man: 750,000
    25man: 1,625,000
    LFR: 2,500,000

This can't be intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by namtlade View Post
    Looks like a definite bug. If you check the dungeon journal and see what damage is listed for Morchok's stomp you'll see that something fishy is going on.

Stomp damage:

oh well pureblood firehawk was 100% drop on normal, sometimes casuals get lucky, sometimes they get stomped on...pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by namtlade View Post

Stomp damage:

What was the damage of 10man and 25 man pre patch or pre 35% nerf.

I don't think its all the nerfs that caused LFR to now be harder than normal mode, but I do know that LFR does not get scaled down by any nerfs.

But if this is actually the case, its too funny.

LFR's Morchock Stomp is definitively 'buffed' after 5.0, everyone's health is dropping *a lot* after each stomp. I'm 8/8hm and don't recall this dealing so much damage whenever I was healing LFR on my alts. On the other hand, haven't noticed any changes to Zon'ozz's black phase healing requirement, so seems really weird.

Maybe it is a test by Blizzard to see if people in LFR are paying attention to mechanics?
    Maybe its research for how they plan on implementing LFR for future releases?
    I think the community should step up and show Blizzard everyone is capable of doing their job in the raid - even in LFR.
    Who's with me???

15+ Year Old Account
    Friend was rolled on spine in lfr, I think thats new to lfr. Correct me if not.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Friend was rolled on spine in lfr, I think thats new to lfr. Correct me if not.
    No it's not new, it would be just extreme rare everyone stacks on the same side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buffed? I have a hard time believing that, one group I was in missed the oozes on Yor'sahj and continued dps'ing. We missed two, one at start and then another towards the end, both of which didn't kill any members aside from maybe one or two. This was in LFR

devotion aura and stoneskin are gone (higher stomp damage) and also resistances for exploding crystals.
    But maybe some of the mechanics are bugged. eg stomp radius is smaller -> hitting fewer ppl for more damage
    Just a guess though.

Also ranged should get close enough to share stomp damage

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed a bit much dmg on Morchok in LFR as well when I went there with my baby tree druid. I didn't think much of it as I noticed that there were few melees present to share the stomp, and that ranged and healers generally spread out at max range so as to not take the stomp >_<. It was also the melees - which I huddled up to - who had to take most of the crystals on top of getting all the stomp damage. I swear people knew to take the stomp as a group when DS was new... it must be the latest fashion to stand at max range and as far apart from each other as possible. I'm glad that my shamy hasn't been in there in ages or else I'd tear out my hair about chainheal not bouncing (or put in the glyph out of sheer desperation or something).

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I suppose that it's possible, however unlikely, that Blizzard is sending a message to players who grandly announce that they AFK through LFR and get their loot afterwards. LFR has been somewhat more difficult than expected on beta as well. Whether that stays that way or if this is a bug or not remains to be seen. Pushing up the need to pay some minimal attention to mechanics is welcome though if that's what's going on.
    Have not done LFR for ages. Might try it out to see what this is all about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    No it's not new, it would be just extreme rare everyone stacks on the same side.
    You couldn't get spine on LFR to roll during the PTR and the first week or two when it went live.