Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    You couldn't get spine on LFR to roll during the PTR and the first week or two when it went live.
    I'm confused, you mean you couldn't then, and can now or what?

am I the only one who thinks this is a good thing? No more turn on auto attack and afk? sure LFR is suppose to be easy, but not that easy ...

LFR boss behaving like Normal boss = bugged.
    so sad.

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    I'm confused, you mean you couldn't then, and can now or what?

He definitly meant Could. I was in some of those first few second 1/2 of DS LFR runs and we indeed had the DW spinning and flinging us off. Which I don't think he is supposed to do at all on LFR.
    Last edited by slime; 2012-09-08 at 07:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm.. I did Morchok today on Raid Finder and I have to say, that is way too painful, even for Raid Finder.. That Stomp damage? Let me show you the difference in damage between 25Heroic and Raid Finder..

When those Crystals went out, it was worrying because if too many went out to the safe radius, the stomp would hurt that much more. But if you stayed stacked within the raid group, both the stomp and crystal explosion would be enough to kill off quite a few players.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-09-13 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    You couldn't get spine on LFR to roll during the PTR and the first week or two when it went live.
    I don't know about the PTR, but I remember wiping to it rolling the first week that I did it on live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its healable if people aren't being stupid, like standing in blood or taking any extra damage. Bug or not, lfr in its current state is just pretty much torture.

You have 25 players, most of them undergeared AND don't care about learning some very easy boss mechanics. Maybe Morchok is overtuned, but what about wiping to trash before ultratraxion every single time, or tanks not know when to taunt on ultra too. I've wiped on ultra every week now before and after the patch. This is not a bugged fight, people have just stopped careing
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

The reason the damage is increased is the removal of resistance auras. It's the same with firelands, we did a run on Tuesday night and after popping a trap anyone who got hit with wrath of rag went to ~15% hp.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Hm.. I did Morchok today on Raid Finder and I have to say, that is way too painful, even for Raid Finder.. That Stomp damage? Let me show you the difference in damage between 25Heroic and Raid Finder..

When those Crystals went out, it was worrying because if too many went out to the safe radius, the stomp would hurt that much more. But if you stayed stacked within the raid group, both the stomp and crystal explosion would be enough to kill off quite a few players.
    It cannot be a bug when the journal itself has been updated... something else is going on!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    It cannot be a bug when the journal itself has been updated... something else is going on!
    Maybe you should read the nice little note for heroic, too. Puts things in perspective.

Oh and by the way, Journal damage numbers are most likely variables, so if someone screwed up with the number for LFR it is most likely reflected in the Journal, too. Making it entirely possible to be an intended change or a bug.
    Last edited by mmocb1848b600a; 2012-09-13 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Maybe you should read the nice little note for heroic, too. Puts things in perspective.

Oh and by the way, Journal damage numbers are most likely variables, so if someone screwed up with the number for LFR it is most likely reflected in the Journal, too. Making it entirely possible to be an intended change or a bug.
    "Something else is going on"

Anyway, it probably is...

It has always being like that just so you know. In lfr stomp damage is higher for the simple reason that the entire raid is soaking bar those soaking crystal( not that anyone soaks crystals in lfr but anyway)while in heroic you have 10 or less doing so because bosses and raid get split.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    oh well pureblood firehawk was 100% drop on normal, sometimes casuals get lucky, sometimes they get stomped on...pun intended.
    I laughed harder than I should have at this

well played~
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

10+ Year Old Account
    The only difference iv'e seen, is that healers are struggling more than before. Probably because earlier you could have 1 or 2 healers do all the work no problem, and now people actually need to do something else than cast, say healing rain once a fight etc.

There's 3,600,000 damage going out on Heroic and 2,250,000 damage on LFR... I fail to see the problem here? Or did you forget that Heroic has twice as many bosses haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Did LFR on Tuesday on my new mage alt, other than the new loot system being utter crap everything went smoother than every other LFR run I've done. Bosses were actually dying in a decent amount of time, trash was getting cleared quick even with myriad afks. Gotta love 5.0.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciah View Post
    There's 3,600,000 damage going out on Heroic and 2,250,000 damage on LFR... I fail to see the problem here? Or did you forget that Heroic has twice as many bosses haha
    Yeah, you beat me to that. Someone wasn't thinking about actual fight mechanics.

Part of why it seems to be hitting so much harder is people arent stacking like they were. I went in and noticed maybe 10?-15 people getting hit. And hard. I wasnt healing but needless to say we downed him with half the group dead, and all heals hovering around 12k HPS.
    I dont think its overtuned so much as people just arent caring anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Luamu View Post
    It's cause resistances were removed, they haven't scaled DMG down in DS so everything seems to hit harder (due not resisting any of it)..
    Yea the stomp is definitely doing more. Just requires a little more healing. But resistances being removed should add damage from the stomp since it was always physical. I didnt notice a change in crystal damage at all. I think I noticed Warlord meleeing the tanks for alot more too.

In terms of the Dungeon Journal, maybe the 35% nerf has dropped the stomp damage below LFR now. If you remove the buff in DS then the stomp should be up to 2,430,000 on Heroic (1,800,000 x 1.35). Which would still only slightly pass LFR.
    Last edited by Dorac; 2012-09-14 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorac View Post
    In terms of the Dungeon Journal, maybe the 35% nerf has dropped the stomp damage below LFR now. If you remove the buff in DS then the stomp should be up to 2,430,000 on Heroic (1,800,000 x 1.35). Which would still only slightly pass LFR.
    the dungeon journal does not change with nerfs like the nerf in DS.
    the reason heroic does less damage is because you have half the people soaking each stomp and twice as many stomps. there are two bosses in heroic.
    although if you look at guides like http://www.icy-veins.com/morchok-detailed-strategy-wow it says LFR damage is only 1.625mil so it was probably buffed mistakenly at some point or purposefully to make people pay more attention. (25normal deals the same damage as the old lfr with 35% nerf if it is still at 2.5mil)
    Last edited by bals; 2012-09-14 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    the dungeon journal does not change with nerfs like the nerf in DS.
    the reason heroic does less damage is because you have half the people soaking each stomp and twice as many stomps. there are two bosses in heroic.
    although if you look at guides like http://www.icy-veins.com/morchok-detailed-strategy-wow it says LFR damage is only 1.625mil so it was probably buffed mistakenly at some point or purposefully to make people pay more attention. (25normal deals the same damage as the old lfr with 35% nerf if it is still at 2.5mil)
    Ahh ok. I thought that they might have changed the journal with the patches. But I guess if people turned off the buff then it would be inaccurate for them. Makes perfect sense.