Solo heal Ultraxion post patch?

I'll be solo healing Ultraxion this evening... I never did it pre-patch, but I'm wondering how it's gone for everyone after the patch with the healing changes? Tips? Tricks?

Thanks

Solo healed it before the patch but haven't tried solo healing heroic Ultraxion after. I'd imagine it is significantly harder to heal now. It was all about how incredibly Holy Radiance scaled with haste and the blue buff. This isn't the case any more and regen is considerably worse.

Solo healed it last night. Mana was a lot harder to manage; going from 160k+ to 102k was no fun.
    We killed it before Green buff was out but I had about 25% mana near the end with Plea already used. I died a few seconds before the end though because tanks forgot to taunt. -_-

There was no way to sustain HR spam like before so I had to just use HL/HS on targets. I used DF/AW before Red buff was out too. I'm not sure if I could have solo healed it until Blue buff though and even afterwards, Blue doesn't seem that good anymore anyway.

Deleted
    Solo healed it again as usual this week.
    Is even easier, don't need to heal anywhere near as much.
    The 35% buff to healing during the pre-expasion patch is pretty nice.

Solo healed it the last 2 weeks since patch (was solo'ing it before) and it's easier imo.
    It's just a case of not HR spamming. The HS AoE heal and LoD are great, using stuff like Holy Avenger for massive AoE healing when needed. All other CD's rotated around.
    Don't even have to use Divine Plea tbh

Deleted
    Healed it solo months before the patch, and its not harder now. Mana management shouldnt be a problem if you dont spam HR. I recommend mastery>haste for this boss, since our mastery shields are strong enough to absorb a whole tick of the ae damage.
    Just tested it again this evening, if you use your spells efficiently you can get out of the fight with >70% mana easily, even ig the fight is a bit longer than usual (we had to 8 man it because of dps being afk).

Edit: Also remember, you can use LoD with less than 3 HP, since its scaling linear. Just do HS->(HS ->) LoD every tick, throw in a HR if people are dropping too hard, and you should be fine.
    Last edited by mmoc00eb52a5c4; 2012-09-05 at 10:19 PM.

It wasn't bad. The fight was so fast, I don't think it would have mattered much what I did... I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. However... I've since spec'd into holy avenger, I do like the HR->LoD->HR->LoD thing.

Easy peasy.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Solo healed it before the patch but haven't tried solo healing heroic Ultraxion after. I'd imagine it is significantly harder to heal now. It was all about how incredibly Holy Radiance scaled with haste and the blue buff. This isn't the case any more and regen is considerably worse.
    Regen is considerably worse? Not really, I've actually had an easier time healing than before. The fight IS still solo healable, if your healers know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    Regen is considerably worse?
    Regen is considerably worse, yes. It's been discussed by blues and many players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlolz View Post
    Solo healed it last night. Mana was a lot harder to manage; going from 160k+ to 102k was no fun.
    We killed it before Green buff was out but I had about 25% mana near the end with Plea already used. I died a few seconds before the end though because tanks forgot to taunt. -_-

There was no way to sustain HR spam like before so I had to just use HL/HS on targets. I used DF/AW before Red buff was out too. I'm not sure if I could have solo healed it until Blue buff though and even afterwards, Blue doesn't seem that good anymore anyway.
    What T5 talent did you take to solo heal it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    What T5 talent did you take to solo heal it?
    Divine Purpose.