10+ Year Old Account

Explaining human undead model

I was thinking of trying out rolling on an rp server to see what's its like. I wanted my character to be an foreaken troll hunter, but feel weird playing the standard undead human model without an explanation.

Does it make sense that in being resurrected, some energies could cross, switching souls and bodies to explain this?
    Or could my skeletal structure just be explained as not going back together properly?

Or should I just grit my teeth and bear it.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

In life you was Troll hunter and after you was killed forsaken resurrected you and put your soul into dead human body. tada

Deleted
    just woteva kant humans always win in the end, FTA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the first death knights were made by infusing the souls of orcs into the bodies of dead paladins so that kind of thing exists in the lore. I don't know if there's anything about the forsaken using anything like that though but they do use necromancy so it's possible I suppose.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaga View Post
    I was thinking of trying out rolling on an rp server to see what's its like. I wanted my character to be an foreaken troll hunter, but feel weird playing the standard undead human model without an explanation.

Does it make sense that in being resurrected, some energies could cross, switching souls and bodies to explain this?
    Or could my skeletal structure just be explained as not going back together properly?

Or should I just grit my teeth and bear it.
    Get MRP or something and just roll a normal troll, but for his race put 'Undead (or Forsaken) Troll'. If you could pick a sickly color for troll skin, you could do that, but as it stands atm you can't pick a sickly color for living trolls. You could go for the bright-ass green though, it looks pretty gross.
    BIG CHUNKUS

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    As said above, get a roleplaying addon. Roll a troll hunter, make note that he is undead in the addon.

Don't refer to him as 'Forsaken.' He's not. What's your explanation for how he got to be undead in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account
    the fact that the game client displays all members of the Foresaken as former-humans and not any other species is the way it is for practical reasons. and you just can't get around some game mechanics.

For lore, we can assume that former humans make up the majority of the foresaken, but that all sentient humanoids that were in Lordaeron and raised as undead during the 3rd war may have become Foresaken when the Lich King was disrupted by Illidan during the events of the Frozen Throne RTS. As well as beings possessed by Silvanas' Banshees during her assult on Varimathras also during the events of the FTRTS

So there were probably a few elves and dwarves and gnomes, and certainly trolls, knolls, ogres, and a few murlocs within the foresaken ranks.

The game just can't be made to have models available to all those possible races that make up the foresaken, especially since they probably represent at most a percent or two of the Foresaken population.

If you want to look like a troll play a troll, if you want to be undead, play a foresaken. And just fudge the rest.