Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was throwing money at my monitor and nothing happened?!?!

Already pre-purchased Mists of Pandaria. Bah, going to be hard to juggle two MMO's but I want Trion to take my money already .

Quote Originally Posted by goombatommy View Post
    Already pre-purchased Mists of Pandaria. Bah, going to be hard to juggle two MMO's but I want Trion to take my money already .
    Same. I'm either going to not play MoP or give it the month or so chance to see how it really plays. I can't devote time to two MMOs, and I recently lost my job so I had to unsub to Rift for the time being as I was more active in WoW. But seeing SL... wow. It'll be a clean slate (I came into Rift much later than I wanted, even though I played during Beta and bought the collector's edition at launch) so my main issue with the game right now goes away.

Sigh. It's a tough choice. MoP is alright, but it's nothing to compare to Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I was throwing money at my monitor and nothing happened?!?!
    All money given to Trion must be inserted through PC USB Slot and not tossed at the monitor. Please refer to your Terms of Service and thank you for your kind cooperation.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Same. I'm either going to not play MoP or give it the month or so chance to see how it really plays. I can't devote time to two MMOs, and I recently lost my job so I had to unsub to Rift for the time being as I was more active in WoW. But seeing SL... wow. It'll be a clean slate (I came into Rift much later than I wanted, even though I played during Beta and bought the collector's edition at launch) so my main issue with the game right now goes away.

Sigh. It's a tough choice. MoP is alright, but it's nothing to compare to Rift.
    Yea I know. Stuck in a similar dilemma. I'll probably wind up ditching WoW and going to SL.

Quote Originally Posted by goombatommy View Post
    Yea I know. Stuck in a similar dilemma. I'll probably wind up ditching WoW and going to SL.
    I'm really tempted to go that route myself. I was going to before but I felt that MoP was feeling good. That feeling wore off LOL. Plus I was joining a new guild for Mists, only it still doesn't feel "friendly" enough.

At least I have some time to decide

Honestly, to me, the Steam cloak looks the best. I miss playing Rift. It's an awesome game. And November 13 was definitely a surprise. Especially since (as far as I know) They haven't had any beta testing.

Smart move looking at other message boards this morning. A lot of the comments are looking like this:

"I used to play, but I am enjoying GW2 right now alot."

Looks like Trion is positioning the SL for when the new game smell wears off of GW2. Right around November is when huge preasure will be on ArenaNET for new content and most people will be to end game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    WTF? it's not even 'tomorrow' yet in any part of the USA

Go to bed and wake up to all the excitement, can't wait, have already upgraded my account to the Infinity version

Only bummer in all this is the choice of capes available from the different retailers, i like two but am not liking them that much to 'pre-order' 3 versions

Trion

Amazon

Best Buy

Gamestop

Steam

Walmart

a question....i have bought the 1 year rift with expansion, i think that trion gives you a cape for that right? is it the same which gives if i upgrade to infiniti edition from trion?

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpy View Post
    a question....i have bought the 1 year rift with expansion, i think that trion gives you a cape for that right? is it the same which gives if i upgrade to infiniti edition from trion?
    That is true. If you buy the standard or CE from Trion you get the same cape from the wording I am seeing.

Nice. would love to try it, but that sub fee turns me off. I'm sticking with Guild Wars 2 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    You won't regret it, the endgame raiding is immense, really challenging with only one difficulty level, and that awesome feeling of accomplishment when you finally down a boss that has been missing from WoW since TBC.
    You know, like Classic and TBC WoW. When it was good.

OT: The Best Buy and Steam cloaks look sick, but I'm not forgoing the opportunity to sub for a year and get the expansion for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emrendil View Post
    Nice. would love to try it, but that sub fee turns me off. I'm sticking with Guild Wars 2 for now.
    You get what you pay for when it comes to Trion. If you are an avid PvPer then I can see you happy possibly for some time in GW2. If PvE is your thing see ya in Rift in November (PS: I've had GW2 since launch too but I still get my value at $10 a month from Rift) B2P does not have a big choke hold on me unless the game is super amazing and IMO I've not seen that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    You know, like Classic and TBC WoW. When it was good.

OT: The Best Buy and Steam cloaks look sick, but I'm not forgoing the opportunity to sub for a year and get the expansion for free.
    I think buying the xpac using the year sub feature qualifies as a "pre-order" so you'd be getting the rift cloak, if I'm not mistaken.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    I think buying the xpac using the year sub feature qualifies as a "pre-order" so you'd be getting the rift cloak, if I'm not mistaken.
    Yeah, but I'd rather have the Best Buy or Steam cloak. Personally, I'd like it if Trion gave the year subscribers their choice of pre-order cloak or all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Emrendil View Post
    I'm not a big fan of sub-fees either, but Trion absolutely justify the subscription. They push out bi-monthly content updates of equivalent size to most major WoW or SWTOR patches, and have been packing the game full of features as well. In the year and a half or so since launch, they've put out more content than most games do in a 2 year expansion, and caught up to games that have been out for 4+ years in terms of features.

I'm going to keep playing GW2 as well (right now it's consuming a lot of my time as it's new and shiny and I'm having a blast), but I have NO problems giving Trion a bit of extra money, if for no other reason than to show them that I support the job they're doing. NOBODY in the MMO industry (heck, maybe even the gaming industry as a whole) works as hard as they do over there. Their content comes out at unprecedented rates and is top quality stuff, and they other games they're developing/publishing seem to be coming together very nicely.

That and they're just great guys. Super approachable, they interact with the community casually on a regular basis (GM's even hop in zone chats ect. to chat with players and get feedback), make a LOT of changes based directly on community feedback and requests, and are generally just awesome people (a few of them have come into the forums to post here a few times).

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Also, the first bloom will be off the rose in MoP by then. If Trion times things to hit the lulls between content patches, they'll do well.

It looks like my chosen Rift playstyle will still be fine in Storm Legion, too. I'm sure I'll check out the new questlines and instances/raids once, but after that I'll go back to IA/Zone Invasion.
    oh Dimensions all the way for me. This kind of fluff shit I love honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Yeah, but I'd rather have the Best Buy or Steam cloak. Personally, I'd like it if Trion gave the year subscribers their choice of pre-order cloak or all of them.
    As Edge pointed out above, The Rift Dev's occasionally sneak in here (they even have MMO-C accounts). You never know, they might agree with your supposition. I bought directly from them to support them first hand <3

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of sub-fees either, but Trion absolutely justify the subscription. They push out bi-monthly content updates of equivalent size to most major WoW or SWTOR patches, and have been packing the game full of features as well. In the year and a half or so since launch, they've put out more content than most games do in a 2 year expansion, and caught up to games that have been out for 4+ years in terms of features.

I'm going to keep playing GW2 as well (right now it's consuming a lot of my time as it's new and shiny and I'm having a blast), but I have NO problems giving Trion a bit of extra money, if for no other reason than to show them that I support the job they're doing. NOBODY in the MMO industry (heck, maybe even the gaming industry as a whole) works as hard as they do over there. Their content comes out at unprecedented rates and is top quality stuff, and they other games they're developing/publishing seem to be coming together very nicely.

That and they're just great guys. Super approachable, they interact with the community casually on a regular basis (GM's even hop in zone chats ect. to chat with players and get feedback), make a LOT of changes based directly on community feedback and requests, and are generally just awesome people (a few of them have come into the forums to post here a few times).
    Oh I agree with that. Rift is definitely the only MMO worth subscribing too at the moment. Trion is really working hard with all those updates.

Sooooo 2months or so until this releases. Where is the BETA on the pts? Marketing 101 says it is probably a good idea to build on the hype of a release date...soooooooo pretty much complete silence from Trion today