Poll: Do you support George W Bush?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

What is your Opinion Of George W Bush

What flashes through your mind when you hear this name? He was President for 8 years. During the historic time of the attacks on the twin towers. This is not a left or right issue but an American Issue. What will you remember about him? What did you hate about him? and what did you love?

Do you agree with his policy's ? What did he do that impressed you? What did he do that he didn't but you wish he did?
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2012-09-05 at 01:39 AM.

Fahrenheit 9/11 comes to mind. And this:

Not trying to bash, I found him quite light hearted, and he's one of few presidents who actually got me to laugh.

Deleted
    He was a puppet to corporate america just like Reagan was in the 1980s.

But at least Reagan had backbone, charm and personality while Bush did not.

He also had this really intense stare/look upon his face when addressing the nation.

That said, I do not hate the guy on a personal level. In fact, he always seemed very approachable outside of his presidency. I just don't think he really enjoyed being president and it didn't suit his persona either. That just further enforces my idea that he was installed as a puppet, rather than being a pro-active president.

After seeing that clip I'm even more convinced that he'd have been way happier and content as a TV - show host or light-hearted entertainer.

Most presidents are either driven by either idealism (Obama, Kennedy) or ambition (Nixon, Bush senior).

But some are put pushed there solely because of their charm in order to carry the agenda of their political sponsors.

Bush was certainly the latter.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2012-09-05 at 01:48 AM.

Worst President in our lifetime. Not even close. He makes Nixon look like Churchill.

I don't blame him for everything. I think for his first term he was mostly in over his head and had Cheney pulling his strings. Once he hit his second term and he trusted Cheney less and less, he actually started to become a real human being again. Makes you wonder how the world would be different if he never chose Cheney.

I didn't hate Bush so I guess support. I remember his terrorism speech right after 9/11. The first thing that flash in my mind of him is his goofy demeanor.

Couldn't vote then.
    Last edited by Drekker17; 2012-09-05 at 01:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Not trying to bash, I found him quite light hearted, and he's one of few presidents who actually got me to laugh.
    This. I was too young for most of his presidency to for me to actually know anything about his policies, so all I remember about him is how funny he could be.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too early to tell really. It's all about Iraq. If Iraq actually works out, and becomes an ally in 20-30 years much like Japan or Germany, then his war will be proved right. 20 years of Saddam Hussein would have created no positive outcomes. One can exist now.

The cries about deregulation he caused I find to be stupid, as Clinton is the one who signed the real deregulation that caused the financial mess. Then on the whole terrorism, DHS, TSA stuff, well none of that has changed under Obama, and no one seems to give a shit anymore besides kooky old Ron Paul.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

personally i dislike bush ... i prefer shaved

but yea really hes just a kid disguised as a old ass dude that wanted to have a play with america and made a ton of money out of it

personally i dont see much good he did on the scale of things compared to the bad legislation's that went through under his term

10+ Year Old Account
    I support him. He made mistakes yes, but in the face of what he had to do, I think mistakes are acceptable given his situation. I believe he is the president that will be hated until historians can accurately see what he did and how it worked through modern history 50 years from now, and being a historian I am excited to see how that works out.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    What flashes through your mind when you hear this name?
    I feel sorry for him. He probably would have been an ok president for his time if not for the 9/11 attacks.

When ever I see him during those days I see a new president that just got taken way over his head way too quickly. I think that 9/11 broke him.

He then had to suffer for 8 years because his backers didn't want to lose on their investment.

So yeah - I feel sorry (genuinely) for what he went through.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not an American so it really doesn't matter who the Americans elect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I feel sorry for him. He probably would have been an ok president for his time if not for the 9/11 attacks.

When ever I see him during those days I see a new president that just got taken way over his head way too quickly. I think that 9/11 broke him.

He then had to suffer for 8 years because his backers didn't want to lose on their investment.

So yeah - I feel sorry (genuinely) for what he went through.
    This as well. I hate people who are like "He kept zero promises and didn't do at all what he said he would."

Yeah, he also had a terrorist organization fly planes into our towers, and then within the next twenty four hours had the ENTIRE nation crying out for war and vengeance. He wasn't really planning on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Not an American so it really doesn't matter who the Americans elect.
    You know this worldwide economic recession? That's because of America. It matters to non-Americans who they elect.

Two words

Funny geezer.

I wouldn't mind having a beer with him on the porch of his Texas Ranch, bet he got some good stories to tell, that being said he also seemed quite crazy at times.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an American and this pretty much sums up what I think about Bush:

These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    You know this worldwide economic recession? That's because of America. It matters to non-Americans who they elect.
    People who say, "It's America's Issue" who we elect as our president has serve impacts on the world. Europe for example when it's doing good, the rest of the world is doing good. The people we elect change our lives and re-shape our desintiy. What we do affects the entire world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I'm an American and this pretty much sums up what I think about Bush:

I'd make one of those of Obama making silly faces, but then that would be called racist!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    America and Europe both have the strongest hold on World Economy. Throwing China in there too, and we all have to stay strong and smart to make sure nothing bad really happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I'd make one of those of Obama making silly faces, but then that would be called racist!
    I chuckled. Nice one.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    He is an ancient multi-dimensional reptile shape shifting being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nezgral View Post
    He is an ancient multi-dimensional reptile shape shifting being.
    My roommate loves conspiracy theories (he is very gullible as well) such as the Illuminati controlling everything and 9/11 was an inside job. I told him about this one and even he was like "What the fuck?" and burst out laughing.