Poll: Do you support George W Bush?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    So it was legal. Let's not discuss over that.
    But the Iraqi invasion was based on... how to put it nicely... on a «misinformation», a hunch that Iraq had WMD's.
    And American troopers (and from other countries) died there, while going on a goose chase.
    It was a mistake.
    7 year old kids can get away from a mistake... an adult should not.
    And I'm not entirely disagreeing with you on that. But people should not be allowed to call him a war criminal if they can't name specifically what war crime he committed. Stupidity like that should be pointed to and laughed at. Wouldn't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    And I'm not entirely disagreeing with you on that. But people should not be allowed to call him a war criminal if they can't name specifically what war crime he committed. Stupidity like that should be pointed to and laughed at. Wouldn't you agree?
    I think it's great they do that, that way you know up front that they aren't even worth talking to.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Well, I know the argument set forth recently by Desmond Tutu is that African warlords/leaders seem to get prosecuted based on different standards than western leaders, and that if you applied those same standards to western leaders then Bush and Blair should be prosecuted by The Hague. Africans get charged with war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide. Does the massive death toll in Iraq based on lies/misinformation constitute a war crime? Genocide? If these guys were African leaders, they might very well have been charged with such.

Personally, I don't know enough about it to form a strong, informed opinion. Just stating what others argue.

YES! another one of Fusedmess's threads created with the intent of bashing the right. you are so transparent... can you teach that to Obama please? mkay, thanks.

Deleted
    He is funny but I would never vote for someone like him.

10+ Year Old Account
    You had to make a thread asking the internet, which is full of liberals, what they thought about Bush o_O... But im surprised how many votes are supporting him. So this is a good thread, it shocked me.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    You had to make a thread asking the internet, which is full of liberals, what they thought about Bush o_O... But im surprised how many votes are supporting him. So this is a good thread, it shocked me.
    Right. I don't know any Republicans that hate Bush. Oh wait a lot of the Republicans I know now hate bush. You don't have to be right, left, blue, red to see Bush was a mistake. We made twice.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Well, I know the argument set forth recently by Desmond Tutu is that African warlords/leaders seem to get prosecuted based on different standards than western leaders, and that if you applied those same standards to western leaders then Bush and Blair should be prosecuted by The Hague. Africans get charged with war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide. Does the massive death toll in Iraq based on lies/misinformation constitute a war crime? Genocide? If these guys were African leaders, they might very well have been charged with such.

Personally, I don't know enough about it to form a strong, informed opinion. Just stating what others argue.
    Well if we're just going by the books, he hasn't committed any real war crimes. A lot of civilians died because of the war, but there was no intentional or systematic extermination of civilians, so it can't be classified as a genocide. A few individual soldiers here and there did commit war crimes, and many were prosecuted for them, but George Bush himself neither performed nor ordered any illegal action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Yeah, I am not surprised by the poll's results at all. I would like to leave y'all with this:

"Bush Called For Reform of Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac 17 Times"
    http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Arch.../msg02668.html
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Bush seems like a really nice guy - I like him.

But he seem very unfit to be President or even Governor of anything, how he became both of the sole remaining superpower in the world is beyond me - I hated his politics.

Which further underlines my belief that the United States Presidential election has turned into too much of a popularity contest with people talking about their families and their upbringing, as if that has to do with anything, and bashing their opponent more than they speak of or pledge what they intend to do for the next 4 years if they were elected to the office. While I am a huge fan of Barack Obama's policies, many certainly didn't vote for him simply because of his policies, he definetly have the charisma to be considered quite the popular fella'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post

But he seem very unfit to be President or even Governor of anything, how he became both of the sole remaining superpower in the world is beyond me - I hated his politics.

Which further underlines my belief that the United States Presidential election has turned into too much of a popularity contest with people talking about their families and their upbringing, as if that has to do with anything, and bashing their opponent more than they speak of or pledge what they intend to do for the next 4 years if they were elected to the office. While I am a huge fan of Barack Obama's policies, many certainly didn't vote for him simply because of his policies, he definetly have the charisma to be considered quite the popular fella'.
    He did well as a Texas Governor, living there, most Texans support him still and are proud of his Texas heritage.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post

But he seem very unfit to be President or even Governor of anything, how he became both of the sole remaining superpower in the world is beyond me
    Pretty much this.

The guy was in his element as representative of a major league baseball club - if I recall.

Beyond that? If a chimpansee graduates from university, don't blame the monkey - blame the system.
    Last edited by mmoc853b96da04; 2012-09-05 at 07:07 PM.

He had a lot of comedic value.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    He did well as a Texas Governor, living there, most Texans support him still and are proud of his Texas heritage.
    On some things yes. He did get a bit trigger happy/careless with dishing out the Death Penalties however, which doesn't help those of us who argue for the merit in it. One doesn't get the pseudonym of the Texecutioner for naught.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the UK i actually kind of liked him, as a person. I remember during his term everyone hated him and thought he was stupid, sure he didnt seem the smartest guy but he seemed a lot more like a 'real' person than most politicians come across as. Not sure about the war on terroism, i agree Iraq will end up much better in the end though so i support the war as a whole. Just not the way him and Tony Blair went about it. Also he had it very rough with the 9/11, if he hadnt done anything everyone would call him a coward.

He has enough class to not interfere with the subsequent administration.

I disagree with him there, as soon as they started telling lies he should have confronted them.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    He has enough class to not interfere with the subsequent administration.

I disagree with him there, as soon as they started telling lies he should have confronted them.
    Yes, doubtlessly, he could have taught them much about lying.

He wasn't the greatest president, but he wasn't as bad as everyone deems him to be.

Sure he did some idiotic things but he always also put in a really crappy position because of 9/11. (inb4 inside job)

He put some good things into place such as the "No Child Left Behind". You have to remember that presidents are limited by the congress a lot of the time.

I hate George W Bush with a passion. They randomly selected me to meet him back in '08. I threw a fucking fit, and finally our First Sergeant pulled my name off of the list. I felt like having to meet that piece of shit was a form of punishment, especially on a hard-earned weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    I hate George W Bush with a passion. They randomly selected me to meet him back in '08. I threw a fucking fit, and finally our First Sergeant pulled my name off of the list. I felt like having to meet that piece of shit was a form of punishment, especially on a hard-earned weekend.
    I dunno, I hate George Bush with a passion myself, but I'd meet him just so I could say "I've met the President!"

Not something most people experience.
    Putin khuliyo