10+ Year Old Account

Windows 8 Release Quams

Ok, so I finally managed to install Windows 8 Pro and it seems to me that the Release Preview was in many ways much better than the actual release.
    Couple of issues I have now experienced with the release that I didn't get with the Preview:

- Windows Update never stops downloading and installing updates, it's now been going for a solid 20hours.
    - Just had my first Display Driver Crash.
    - Action Center is telling me to disable apps to improve performance
    - Wireless network no longer connects automatically even though that option is ticked. (With the preview my wireless network was connected before I even logged in.. Now I have to sit and wait 5mins for it to find the network and connect AFTER logging in.

Now are you seriously going to try and tell me that Win8 although designed to run perfectly on a tablet PC with a fraction of the available space, memory and processing power of my desktop can run Win8 better than my desktop can?!

I guess I'm a little confused, unless I read the news wrong. Win 8 isn't releasing until October. Are you saying the Release Candidate is having issues?

I understand it was leaked. How Djinni obtained a Windows 8 Pro copy I'm not really gonna question, but what he got should be the manufacturing version, ie what is going to be on the DVD itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Win8 Professional is now available via Dreamspark to Students and Teachers as I pointed out before in the Windows 8 Flop thread.
    Nothing sinister, untoward or under the radar... (For those of you who don't know, DreamSpark is the new version of MDSNAA which is the medium MicroSoft uses to provide software to Students, Teachers and companies with subscriptions which saves them buying individual software licences.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2012-09-05 at 01:05 PM.

Is it now? That's interesting. Also, here's hoping shit gets fixed for you.

Hmmm, I'm using the same version through DreamSpark and I didn't have such issues. The only issue I'm having is with Avast Firewall which is blocking Metro connections and I'm not sure how to fix this.
    My Catalyst Control Center did go crazy when I upgraded from Win 7 while keeping everything, but after I said fuck it and did a fresh install, it was fixed.

Windows 8 is also available for anyone with MSDN subscription level of Premium and up. But, I never had any problems with that either. Mine's working fine.

That's interesting, I don't see it under my student Dreamspark account. Is it only under MSDN or Bizspark? Unless I'm looking in the wrong location

Edit: Ahh, I see, it's for Dreamspark premium only.
    Last edited by Erous; 2012-09-05 at 03:13 PM.