Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Been away for a while

I forgot how badly Bioware handle maintenance. Considering there hasn't been any change to the game in months how can they justify maintenance running over and not even have an idea as to how much longer its gonna take?

Deleted
    something properly went wrong. it that easy.

and they are good, if you compeer it blizzard realising a patch there is alway a extended maintenance usual not a word from them first 30m-1h after the delay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aT1C View Post
    something properly went wrong. it that easy.

and they are good, if you compeer it blizzard realising a patch there is alway a extended maintenance usual not a word from them first 30m-1h after the delay.
    Dont get me wrong if there was a major content patch today I wouldn't be complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bioware's handled maintenance just fine. Apparently you never played WoW in Vanilla when maintenance day meant unstable servers all day and probably buggy raids if you were scheduled that night. SWTOR's maintenance has never affected my gameplay experience. But part of that could be that I don't get online until after the work day.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Bioware's handled maintenance just fine. Apparently you never played WoW in Vanilla when maintenance day meant unstable servers all day and probably buggy raids if you were scheduled that night. SWTOR's maintenance has never affected my gameplay experience. But part of that could be that I don't get online until after the work day.
    Oh god.

I remember the first 6 months of wow. Bonechewer was ALWAYS OFFLINE!!! /cry. Same with executus. Zuluhed wasn't so bad but that came way later.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Oh god.

I remember the first 6 months of wow. Bonechewer was ALWAYS OFFLINE!!! /cry. Same with executus. Zuluhed wasn't so bad but that came way later.

yeah fair enough you're right the game is perfect and the way they run maintenance is perfect and Blizzard sucked at it 8 years ago for 6 months so Bioware get a free pass nearly a decade later with a game that is now 9 months old and fighting for its life, its not like there is any competition for peoples time and money.

I am not here to slag off the game, I like it I certainly prefer it to warcraft but it really seems to me that the developers have pretty much pinned all their hopes F2P fixing things, and they aren't really even trying atm.

Deleted
    Yeh I'm also wondering what the extended maintenance is for...

Voss is waiting for me :>

On a side note, this is the first time that I encountered this so... can't really blame Bioware.
    Not saying that swotor is better on all gamefields but considering I can enjoy my RP and story emersion unlike on WoW... this game gets a +.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    Yeh I'm also wondering what the extended maintenance is for...

Voss is waiting for me :>

On a side note, this is the first time that I encountered this so... can't really blame Bioware.
    Not saying that swotor is better on all gamefields but considering I can enjoy my RP and story emersion unlike on WoW... this game gets a +.
    If thats true then fair enough it was pretty common before I stopped playing. And yeah the story is excellent I really enjoy the levelling experience and was looking forward to throwing a level into my commando today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane101 View Post
    yeah fair enough you're right the game is perfect and the way they run maintenance is perfect and Blizzard sucked at it 8 years ago for 6 months so Bioware get a free pass nearly a decade later with a game that is now 9 months old and fighting for its life, its not like there is any competition for peoples time and money.
    Comparing a game that's engine has had 7 years of optimization to a game that's had less than a year is fair too, right?

And the extended maintenance issue blizzard had stretched into wotlk. Hotfix patches that took 2 days to sort out. That kind of thing.

So, it took blizzard about 5 years to get their maintenance stuff under control. I think its fair to give swtor a year or two.

Edit: Also, I feel like a lot of people have forgotten EXACTLY what kind of stuff happened with wow. Like constant server crashes, inability to authenticate accounts for days upon days, "your character is already logged in" bug for days, ect ect ect.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-09-05 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    Don't forget falling true the world and it still happens in wow

Deleted
    Comparing a game that's engine has had 7 years of optimization to a game that's had less than a year is fair too, right?

And the extended maintenance issue blizzard had stretched into wotlk. Hotfix patches that took 2 days to sort out. That kind of thing.

So, it took blizzard about 5 years to get their maintenance stuff under control. I think its fair to give swtor a year or two.

Edit: Also, I feel like a lot of people have forgotten EXACTLY what kind of stuff happened with wow. Like constant server crashes, inability to authenticate accounts for days upon days, "your character is already logged in" bug for days, ect ect ect.
    Your exagerating. While it was common knowledge that you better didn't plan any raids on a wednsday... most bugs and glitches could be resolved usually by a quick game reboot. And its not like the server crashed every day or week even. When a server crashed it crashed yes, then it took a while to get them back so the masses invaded other servers to crash those.

And a hotfix multiple days? Never had that one before, and I played pretty much every day. While yes, extended maintenance happend pretty much every time, the servers are usually up before evening, only once in classic was I unable to raid because my patch was still downloading while the clock hit 7.

Your exagerating. While it was common knowledge that you better didn't plan any raids on a wednsday... most bugs and glitches could be resolved usually by a quick game reboot. And its not like the server crashed every day or week even. When a server crashed it crashed yes, then it took a while to get them back so the masses invaded other servers to crash those.

And a hotfix multiple days? Never had that one before, and I played pretty much every day. While yes, extended maintenance happend pretty much every time, the servers are usually up before evening, only once in classic was I unable to raid because my patch was still downloading while the clock hit 7.
    Once I fell through the ground in nargrand arena and couldn't log into that character till a server restart.

You are romanticizing your early wow experience. Choosing to block out the shitty times.

Deleted

My point is this is not a content patch, there is no new raid or dungeon etc. as I have already said if this was happening while they implemented 1.4 I would be among the people defending Bioware. But for the servers to be still down 2 1/2 hours after they were due to come back up and still to have no idea when they are going to manage to get them up on a regular maintenance day is unacceptable in my opinion

Deleted
    Once I fell through the ground in nargrand arena and couldn't log into that character till a server restart.

You are romanticizing your early wow experience. Choosing to block out the shitty times.
    Thats odd, had that happening in classic in stratholme, half an hour later a GM showed up, guess what, he put me right back on the map. Your just pointing at something that whent wrong and then throw some magical growing water over it so it grows exponentially.

It has turned into a hobby to point at classic, point out the "bad" things wich are subjective in most cases and then enlarge them.

My point is this is not a content patch, there is no new raid or dungeon etc. as I have already said if this was happening while they implemented 1.4 I would be among the people defending Bioware. But for the servers to be still down 2 1/2 hours after they were due to come back up and still to have no idea when they are going to manage to get them up on a regular maintenance day is unacceptable in my opinion
    No, no new content patch but they are getting rid from some bugs. I'm also sitting at the edge of my chair boring myself with the occasional game, I don't enjoy the waiting either but I doubt its a complot, probably something whent wrong.

Deleted
    Well at least they finally released an ETA 5pm they must have fucked up really bad or else the one guy left after the mass lay-offs didn't show up today and they had to wait for the next shift :P

Wish I didn't have to work today so I could bitch about not being able to play...

And I'm not trying to be humorous...I really don't want to be at work right now. -_-
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Deleted
    Or they just forgot to switch the "launch server" button. :P

Deleted
    Where's my daily dose of SWTOR?

I forgot how badly Bioware handle maintenance.
    This is the first time that I can remember that it has ever gone on this long. I am not sure how you can make claims like this. Maybe its just me, but imo they have had a WAY better track record for maintenance than Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2012-09-05 at 09:53 AM ----------

I am confused by this thread because the game seems to be up for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen View Post
    Wish I didn't have to work today so I could bitch about not being able to play...

And I'm not trying to be humorous...I really don't want to be at work right now. -_-
    You would prefer to be on night shifts?