10+ Year Old Account

5 found shot in French Alps

What is with people shooting people these days:

MYFOXNY.COM/AP -
    Five people, including a young girl, have been shot in a forest in the Alps, French authorities said.

All five were initially reported to be dead, but the girl, believed to be around 7 years old, is now reported to be in critical condition in a hospital, according to a local prosecutor.

An official with the regional administration for the Haute-Savoie region says three of the bodies were found in a BMW registered in Britain.

The Sipa news agency says the girl was found alive with bullet wounds on a forest road.

It happened in a forest near Chevaline, near Annecy lake, in Haute-Savoie.

The initial reports said a cyclist discovered the girl, the three bodies in the car and a fourth body, of a cyclist, lying nearby.

Reports from the scene said the bodies were riddled with bullets. Police are calling it an "assassination."

Sky News reported that another cyclist found the bodies. That cyclist is in shock.

The identity of the victims is unclear. The British Foreign Office says it is aware of reports of the incident and is looking into it.
    http://www.myfoxny.com/story/1946327...in-french-alps

sad news indeed.

if this wasn't a drug deal gone bad then it was some random crazy. considering they shot a cycling witness i'm leaning toward some sort of illegal deal going on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fender010 View Post
    Aww, the Europeans don't want to comment?

All that bitching about America but it happens there and SILENCE!
    I hope you realize it's in the middle of the night in Europe now. In the middle of the week.

10+ Year Old Account

You do realize you're talking people killing each other.

What's there to say? Guns are everywhere. But just start comparing the rates of such things to a general population.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

So how is that gun control working in Europe these days?

Shoe is on the other foot now.
    He does sort of have a point though haha. Crazies are all over the world, not just the US.

Lol you sitting there mashing f5 because your life is that dull? lulz.

15+ Year Old Account

Don't think you can say ANYTHING until this happens on a weekly basis.

Also, classifying it under "europe" isn't very fair. That's a group of 50 countries...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thug Life View Post
    He does sort of have a point though haha. Crazies are all over the world, not just the US.
    Difference being it's quite a bit harder to legally obtain a handgun in european countries compared to the US, generally speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Difference being it's quite a bit harder to legally obtain a handgun in european countries compared to the US, generally speaking.
    While I do understand where you are coming from, the fact that the intelligent people need to protect the stupid people from themselves and others, in all reality there is nothing you can do. If some psychopath wants to go on a raging killing spree, and has enough willpower to do it, unless caught before hand it is going to happen. Whether it be a gun, a knife, an axe, or a fork.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    Don't think you can say ANYTHING until this happens on a weekly basis.

Also, classifying it under "europe" isn't very fair. That's a group of 50 countries...
    "America" also has 35 (if i'm not mistaken) ^_^

Anyway, very sad that this has happend, as is it always, where ever in the world. Even sadder is that the second poster is using it, to -I don't know- feel better about himself? Gee >.>
    Why not (\/) ( ;,,,; ) (\/)

Deleted
    So how is that gun control working in Europe these days?
    Pretty well. Besides, you americans think that gun control over here means not being able to buy weapons. It doesn't. Here in Ireland, one of the more restrictive countries, shotguns are easy to to get a license for, basically a formality and a quick criminal background check. Rifles are harder. Handguns almost impossible, automatic weapons impossible (unless you're a criminal, blah blah yes we all know that argument. Take a walk through Temple Bar at 02:30 some Sunday morning and then think about whether our populace should be armed :P). There are other countries where weapons licenses are easy to get, especially those where there is mandatory military service (Switzerland springs to mind).

10+ Year Old Account
    First page and already it is America vs Europe.

Anyway, sad thing indeed. Hopefully everything comes to light on the situation quickly.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted

I love our gun control. It's not like it's hard to get a weapon legally... i have three firearms legally in Sweden and all 3 have supressors and i have about 600 rounds for each firearm, you jelly ? Or am i doing it wrong by not going to cinemas ? Snap.

OT: Sad story indeed, must've been related to the mafia or some other gang.