Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

DO NOT drink with British Troops

I was speaking with my sister who's boyfriend serves in the Royal Navy .
    He was telling me how a lot of the US troops had been issued small cards
    by the american Department of Defence which read;

"DO NOT drink with the British troops"
    "DO NOT gamble with the British troops"
    "DO NOT fight with the British troops"

"YOU WILL LOSE."

Does anyone know if this is true or not? I have heard that the American soldiers can't handle the drink as much as their British equivalents, and I know that British Basic Training for The Army, Navy and RAF are all longer than their US Counterparts so the fighting rule makes sense.

I prefer not to lose against any foreign troopers. Common sense. I will do my best to lose by a cunt hair but lose graciously.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope so. That would be hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not so much Americans can't handle their drink, it's that they join the military 3 years before they can legally drink. They're just untrained in the drinking arts lol

As for the card, no idea if it's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds made up, but there are a lot of things that are true even when they seem fake because of the oddity of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    It's not so much Americans can't handle their drink, it's that they join the military 3 years before they can legally drink. They're just untrained in the drinking arts lol

Pretty much this.

you know it's not true, you're just taking another cheap shot at 'murrica

if anyone could kick our ass they would. they can't. they don't. we tell the world what to do and they do it. that's reality

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post

Our troops have been training since 15 on this score so yeah, say no more
    Pretty sure they usually point to British troops being a little more professional so it's probably a "work hard, play hard" mentality our boys have (maybe it's a VERY biased viewpoint too).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

No, what do you think that would do to morale?

I've been deployed with brit's several times and never heard of this card. To be honest outside the SAS the british troops are just average some can drink some can fight just like every countrys military.

Some aren't old enough to drink, and what do you mean "can't handle drinks"? No one country/race is anymore able to better handle alcohol then the other. It would more likely vary person to person. That's retarded.

Oh and to answer, no that's not true. Someone wanted to look cool for you.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    Some aren't old enough to drink, and what do you mean "can't handle drinks"? No one country/race is anymore able to better handle alcohol then the other. It would more likely vary person to person. That's retarded.

You lose all credibility when you talk out of your butt my friend. You should look up Alcohol Tolerance... Race actually plays a huge factor in your ability to handle alcohol based on your bodys enzymes.
    Fanboy (Fanboi): A Term used when someone disagrees with you on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate your counterpoint back so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming you into silence and thus them winning through dominance.

Oh and to answer, no that's not true. Someone wanted to look cool for you.
    The more you drink alcohol, the more tolerant you are to it. That being said people in the UK start drinking at the age of 18, while the US is 21. Same way works for smoking weed, if you smoke a lot of weed it's going to get to the point where you need more then 1 joint to get high.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would out-drink them.

Quote Originally Posted by SadisticChipmunk View Post
    You lose all credibility when you talk out of your butt my friend. You should look up Alcohol Tolerance... Race actually plays a huge factor in your ability to handle alcohol based on your bodys enzymes.
    You do realize that any person regardless of race can develop high alcohol tolerance right? Also it has a lot to do with the OWN persons body weight/height. Also, British soldiers and American soldiers are very very alike.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Also in Britain if you get caught drinking underage what to they do, in the US it can be pretty harsh, so even those who drink young dont do it that often

Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post

"YOU WILL LOSE."

Does anyone know if this is true or not? I have heard that the American soldiers can't handle the drink as much as their British equivalents, and I know that British Basic Training for The Army, Navy and RAF are all longer than their US Counterparts so the fighting rule makes sense.
    Sounds like reverse psychology to me, if I was handed this card I would naturally do the opposite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post

"YOU WILL LOSE."

European beer is stronger.
    But you shouldn't drink with the Portuguese guys.
    When British and Dutch armys come to Portugal for training missions that get fucked up, they can't handle with us on drinking.
    Has for Gambling and fighting we dont do that in the Air force at least not on the Bases I have been.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I doubt the validity of the cards, you're still wrong

It's hard to blanket generalise a whole bunch of people say they will all behave the same but our squaddie mentality, banter and camaraderie certainly helps them.