Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    While I doubt the validity of the cards, you're still wrong
    And you clearly don't know how to read. Lol.

Let me help you. Just BECAUSE someone is lets say, British, does not mean they automatically when born, are already highly tolerant to alcohol. Once they go through life and through their own country's diets, ways of life, traditions etc, they can build a high tolerance of alcohol BECAUSE of they way it's introduced to them, their body height/weight also play larges roles in this. It's also based on an AVERAGE.

So, like i said. It vary's from person to person. Which it does. No matter your race or country.
    Last edited by Song; 2012-09-05 at 11:17 PM.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Deleted
    I've heard this story before, whether that makes it's true or not I don't know.

Deleted
    The beer is different aswell, in america its like your drinking watered piss, over here in Belgium however...
    And we start drinking at 16 ;D

I dare anyone to challenge me to a drinking match, only folk I'm afraid of would be a Russian or Hungarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    The beer is different aswell, in america its like your drinking watered piss, over here in Belgium however...
    And we start drinking at 16 ;D

I dare anyone to challenge me to a drinking match, only folk I'm afraid of would be a Russian or Hungarian.
    I would probably die if i had to challenge a Russian to a drinking match.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Also in Britain if you get caught drinking underage what to they do, in the US it can be pretty harsh, so even those who drink young dont do it that often
    If you get caught in a pub it's usually a night in a cell.

But a lot tend to drink in house parties from 15+ Not much can be done there.

As to the saying, it's probably on the same level as other similar phrases. Chances are it's developed by 18-21 year olds getting off base and getting drunk under the table by guys who've done it for 10+ years.

Same would happen to a 17 year old Britain who decided to take on a bar of American vets.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thug Life View Post
    I would probably die if i had to challenge a Russian to a drinking match.
    Well they have an obsession with Vodka, some of them atleast... if you drink Vodka with one, your screwed, have a beer match, then you have a chance!

---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 01:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    If you get caught in a pub it's usually a night in a cell.

But a lot tend to drink in house parties from 15+ Not much can be done there.

As to the saying, it's probably on the same level as other similar phrases. Chances are it's developed by 18-21 year olds getting off base and getting drunk under the table by guys who've done it for 10+ years.

Same would happen to a 17 year old Britain who decided to take on a bar of American vets.

The quality of bear... is very different.

Buddweiser and lets say Stella Artois isn't the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    And you clearly don't know how to read. Lol.

Let me help you. Just BECAUSE someone is lets say, British, does not mean they automatically when born, are already highly tolerant to alcohol. Once they go through life and through their own country's diets, ways of life, traditions etc, they can build a high tolerance of alcohol BECAUSE of they way it's introduced to them, their body height/weight also play larges roles in this. It's also based on an AVERAGE.

So, like i said. It vary's from person to person. Which it does. No matter your race or country.
    That's not at all what I was saying. You claimed that race played no role in determining your alcohol tolerance. It is a proven fact that it does.

Honestly the phrase is perfect at " DO NOT drink"

10+ Year Old Account

The quality of bear... is very different.

They're both lagers, and not very good ones at that =p

The ones to be worried of are the strong ale drinkers and the ones that go straight to spirits. Rugby players are pretty notorious for that at University in the same way.

That's not at all what I was saying. You claimed that race played no role in determining your alcohol tolerance. It is a proven fact that it does.
    No again, you don't know how to read. It's not JUST because you're American, British, French ETC, you have to take into accounts all of the things that country does, ways of life, AVERAGE alcohol consumption of the country etc.

If you take, a 5 foot 5 British man, and a 5-5 American man, same weight, made it to where everything they did in their lives until they were 25, everything they ate, said, did, lived ALL of it. Exercise. Basically a mirror image of each other in every account, no alcohol ever consumed, they would have roughly the same tolerance to alcohol.

Also, lets say a country like Japan, they have average small people. So on average, more of them could get drunk faster (without building a tolerance to alcohol) then lets say an average country with taller, more heavy people.

But again, Yasutaka Okayama 7 foot 6 inchs. (i think) from Japan, would have a higher natural tolerance because of his size/weight. Vary's person to person.
    Last edited by Song; 2012-09-05 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Yasutaka Okayama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    No again, you don't know how to read. It's not JUST because you're American, British, French ETC, you have to take into accounts all of the things that country does, ways of life, AVERAGE alcohol consumption of the country etc.

If you take, a 5 foot 5 British man, and a 5-5 American man, same weight, made it to where everything they did in their lives until they were 25, everything they ate, said, did, lived ALL of it. Exercise. Basically a mirror image of each other in every account, no alcohol ever consumed, they would have roughly the same tolerance to alcohol.
    Well yes, because Americans and Brits are usually of the same ethnicity. If you did the same thing with a white european and an alaskan Inuit (people with notoriously low alcohol tolerance), it'd be a completely different story.

Deleted
    They're both lagers, and not very good ones at that =p

The ones to be worried of are the strong ale drinkers and the ones that go straight to spirits. Rugby players are pretty notorious for that at University in the same way.
    Wait what Stella bad? I don't want to talk to you anymore, come to Belgium and drink one, you'll never leave again. Atleast I didn't...

But you are right, something stronger? There are over 800 beers in Belgium...

http://beer.made.in/Belgium/list.htm

the drinking thing is definitely situational like size and weight but also things like how much food you've ate and how fast you down you drinks.

having a fast metabolism, i can become half cut if i neck a decent glass of JD and coke on an empty stomach, but i can last all night if i pace myself.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    so they are issued a card that states not to do 3 things banned to do in a combat zone....more common sense than fear, i deployed twice to Afghanistan and never saw or heard of these cards, perhaps a tall tale to impress

Well yes, because Americans and Brits are usually of the same ethnicity. If you did the same thing with a white european and an alaskan Inuit (people with notoriously low alcohol tolerance), it'd be a completely different story.
    Yeah well, i gtg, but were both right in a way. I added another thing to my last post btw. Anyways, I like your avatar . Cya later.

EDIT: Didn't wanna seem like i was being mean to you. Grats on 7k posts.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually they pretty much are, since they're both owned by InBev. One is a Belgian, Bohemian style pilsener and one is an "American" lager, who cuts the grain with corn.

The more you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what Stella bad? I don't want to talk to you anymore, come to Belgium and drink one, you'll never leave again. Atleast I didn't...
    Gotta realise for most lagers we get the English variant, which is mostly gas, slight flavour and a touch of alcohol. Stella here is pretty poor.

Never been to Belgium, but actually went to Copenhagen a few years ago, their Carlsberg is so much better. So I'll not disagree that your version is likely much tastier.

That said, I'm more a fan of strong ale, downside to lager is it's just too gassy to clear through several without feeling bloated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Actually they pretty much are, since they're both owned by InBev. One is a Belgian, Bohemian style pilsener and one is an "American" lager, who cuts the grain with corn.

The more you know.
    Drink both of them, then talk

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends where their from i guess. Most of my friends have been drinking since before 15, and most of my school year much more heavily. Im sure theres some americans that drank when they werfew ae 13 but would be nd far between. That said, around my area we do drink a lot. Probably not as much as some europeans though.

Gotta realise for most lagers we get the English variant, which is mostly gas, slight flavour and a touch of alcohol. Stella here is pretty poor.

Never been to Belgium, but actually went to Copenhagen a few years ago, their Carlsberg is so much better. So I'll not disagree that your version is likely much tastier.

That said, I'm more a fan of strong ale, downside to lager is it's just too gassy to clear through several without feeling bloated.
    I'd normally agree, there's something in ale/bitter though that just makes me feel VERY sore muscular wise. It feels like the end of a heavy training session when the lactic acid makes the muscles sore and you want to stretch all the time to squeeze it out. Just a pint of the stuff and I start on with that.

Spirits all the way for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.