A little help please

Hi all, I am new to the warrior class and really loving it alot so I am wanting to push as much skill into it as possible for the upcoming expansion. I know that warriors are not the most mobile of beings and all but roots are the bane of my warrior existence.

This is what I am asking for some help with. I have seen a few warriors here posting how they are tearing things up atm and some saying how this is the darkest time there has ever been for the class. But how do you guys deal with roots? every battleground I seem to enter no one even seems to know that dispell even exists.

I also tried to dual a mage since well they are the kings of root. I litterally could not move. I had to sit in all the snares and use spell reflect and mass reflect as best as possible but they still always cut me in half with that burst. How the hell do you stay on a mage for some uptime? While dualing the mage I also noticed that during my Mass Reflect that Pyroblast, Scortch, Combustion and Dragons Breath all hit through it. Is this normal?

Thank you for all the help

One more thing is the PvP hit cap for warriors now 3 or 4% or there abouts? thank you.

melee hit cap for special attacks = 308 hit rating @ lvl 85
    roots are are our greater weakness so far

Against mages you need double time shockwave and gag order. The only way to beat a good mage is to cycle your buttons. Spell reflect after a critical scorch. Cycle gag order fear shockwave on roots. Cycle shield wall last stand and die by the sword when you cant do the previous in a root. Trinket combustion stun and pop a defensive cooldown. Shockwave on cooldown. Gag order on cooldown. don't colossus smash a mage. You have extremely low uptime mortal strike and overpower on the window where you can actually hit him will do more damage than colossus smash. Play on defensive stance. Use commanding against mages.
    Last edited by Kreeshak; 2012-09-06 at 12:35 AM.

Awesome thanks for the tips

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    melee hit cap for special attacks = 308 hit rating @ lvl 85
    roots are are our greater weakness so far

Against mages you need double time shockwave and gag order. The only way to beat a good mage is to cycle your buttons. Spell reflect after a critical scorch. Cycle gag order fear shockwave on roots. Cycle shield wall last stand and die by the sword when you cant do the previous in a root. Trinket combustion stun and pop a defensive cooldown. Shockwave on cooldown. Gag order on cooldown. don't colossus smash a mage. You have extremely low uptime mortal strike and overpower on the window where you can actually hit him will do more damage than colossus smash. Play on defensive stance. Use commanding against mages.
    This is wonderful advice but I disagree with the Colossus smash part. Because if you play Def stance you will be pretty much rage starved (so not many Slam and HS), and Colossus smash is free. Makes up for a good filler between MS/OP and defensive/utility/Mobility abilties you may use, if you have a chance to get your hands on the mage for a few seconds.

been trying out these tips (with Juggernaut not double time) and must say I can survive most of the burst now and manage to get some serious uptime on the mage. I am still loosing to them but I can honestly say that it is just gear (still have some blue gear I am shifting). Thank you guys for the replies and the help it has been so helpful.