Hair clipping - can I fix it?

Hi all
    Especially getting this problem with the female Norn toons with long hair... the hair half disappears into her body whenever she goes into a fighting stance. This happens with several haircuts (esp ponytails)... is it just me or does that happen to everyone? Is there a graphics feature i can turn on or off that would help?
    Thanks

I'm fairly sure it isn't something you can fix besides ignoring it or using a different hairstyle.

Deleted
    I stopped playing my Norn warrior after I equipped a shield. :/

think you, unfortunately, have to deal with it. Seems like an issue that only arenanet can fix.

hmmm ok thanks... i just don't get how they design a hairstyle (pretty important since your constantly looking at it) but not realize that half of the time it clips really really badly
    (don't get me wrong -- i LOVE the design in gw2... i'm constantly breathless... this just sucks that several of the hairstyles are useless)

bald and butch work best to avoid clipping.

being an engineer you pretty much best to avoid the backpack, its as bad if not worse than shields
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a human and the hair clipping isn't too bad. Beware weapon clipping is extremely bad though.

I wanted to play a Guardian mace/shield & greatsword as a Norn with longhair. Then I saw my hair clipped right through the armor. Character shelved.

What cruelty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should post a pic of my human memser with sheathed swords.

Yeah, as much as I like some of the long hairstyles, I chose one that went over the front. It still clips a little, but at least she's more or less bald on the back. Of course, now the armor model I really like turns out to have a massive seam in the midsection. I can see straight through my character during the idle animations!
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did the norn long curly pony tail and couldn't stand it clipping through her shield when I ran, so re-made her to have the pretty bun. Thankfully she was only level 2! I'm sure they will put in appearance changes soon (most likely for gems).
    Tarnished Coast [CRZY]
    Kumorii - 80 Mesmer
    Chärity - 80 Guardian
    Calinë - 80 Elementalist

Deleted
    This seems to be a problem... but if they do try to fix it, how could they do so? They'd need to make the hair "movable" for it to move, but then it might end up moving in every way.

Reminds of of WoW to be honest when my night elf warrior got ... it was a PvP BC shield, purple, which I really liked. When I equipped it I saw my ears went through it. At first it seemed ok, but after a while it gets annoying. I always hated those types of clippings.

It's lazy modeling done by Arenanet. It's not just them though, it's every MMO. It would take a considerable amount of time to test (and fix) every hair / race / sex / armor combination. Regarding the laziness part though, this can be completely avoided at the early design stage if they set boundaries to where armor and hair can be and not be.

Realistically this is never going to be fixed, so I wouldn't hold out on it. WoW (among others) has had this issue for 7 years.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Hah. You think that's bad? My Asura has been magically piercing all his boots for ages now. That whole three-toe deal is not very practical clearly.

What glo said. Don't expect this to be fixed.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Still an annoying issue. Anything over shoulder length is unusable.
    Hair with physics that does not detect collision with the play character is not good.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.