Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    IMO X is ok at best. But only compared to II-IX. Compared to other rpg's, it's still excellant. X-2 could have been good if it didn't spend so much time trying to make the girls so...well...lame.

X-2 is skippable. It's very...different. X is fine. It's definitely not my favorite Final Fantasy by a long shot. It started this FF being linear bullshit that people OH SO HATE NOWADAYS. Sorry, I had to poke fun at those people. If you enjoyed XIII, then you'll enjoy X. Personally though I say go play VI, VIII, and IX first. Those are easily the best ones. Well, and VII as well, but you said you already played it. Enjoy!

Absolutely play FFX. I can't stress it enough. Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL game.

I played X2, it was interesting, but moreso for the chance to return to the world I was familiar, and so thoroughly enjoyed
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    X is definitely worth playing. As for X-2, if you can look past the girly girly attitude of it and the meh story and music, the gameplay is actually amazing and it's a rather fun game. I'd try getting both as they're pretty cheap nowadays.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF1, 4, 6, 7, 9, & 10 are pinnacles of the JRPG genre during their times and should be played through at least once in your life.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

If you enjoyed FFXIII and its sequel, and enjoyed them, then I can't place much faith in your ability to discern a good game after ''OOHHH, PWETTY', but maybe I'm being unfair. Even if that is the case, then yes FFX is great. Absolutely stunning story, looks great, etc one of the best games ever made minus some fairly shoddy voice acting on a few fronts. The deciscion to play FFX-2 is based entirely on how much you enjoyed FFX and more importantly the story. If you did, then avoid FFX-2 as it absolutely shits over everything that made FFX great, but if you didn't so much then go for it, story aside FFX-2 is a pretty decent game.

Oh, and if the bad voice acting in FFX pisses you off, then also avoid FFX-2. Brothers voice acting in FFX-2 made me want to slit my wrists, and I didn't have much problem with the first games VA, so...
    Last edited by Migey; 2012-09-06 at 07:12 PM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    X-2 combat and overall game design works well, the world is lush and great to run about, but.. it's cheesy as balls; hence the crap it gets, worth a play though.
    I was about to say pretty much the same thing.

X is a good game because the combat is fun and the music/graphics are good, but it's a great game because of the story. There are plenty of twists and the characters all have interesting conflicts (internally and externally). It was one of those stories where my girlfriend was hooked even though I was the one playing.

X-2 has fun combat and improved graphics, but the music isn't as memorable. It's still a good game, but the story is really awkward (in the sense that there isn't really a "master quest" until halfway into the game), and the characters are cheesy. It would have made a great new addition to the series if they had just dropped the ties to X.

I'm replaying FFX now and haven't played it since it came out, so this is my second playthrough. I enjoyed it the first time but I'm enjoying it even more now!
    The voice acting is pretty bad at times, and sometimes controls are a bit frustrating (trials, especially bevelle trials!!) but it's nothing big. The grid and fighting system is really fun I think and I enjoy all the characters, even Tidus which I didn't really like the first time around!
    X-2 is pretty fun too I think, the fighting system is great and it was fun to see some of the old FFX characters again, eventhough the story is a bit weird and not the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed X and X-2... then again, I'm pretty blinded by nostalgia for both. They were my pet obsessions when I was about 13/14.

I think X is certainly worth playing, and X-2 by extension if you really get into its world and characters.

FFX is a gorgeous game. I enjoyed the mechanics, the story, and the music. The voice acting is pretty bad in spots, but it doesn't make your ears bleed (except for one scene...).

FFX-2 is a different game. The story-line is cheesy, and it gets a lot of crap for that and for its general girlish themes. However, it is FUN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evalonne View Post
    (except for one scene...).
    Hah. Hahahaha. HAH HAH HAHAH-- yeah, let's not talk about that one scene...

Deleted
    Imo FFX is the last of the great FF games. Impossible to get disapointed if you're into the series. Good luck with dark Yojimbo A THOUSAND CURSES UPON HIM!

Final Fantasy X is like a really good looking man/woman.
    Final Fantasy X-2 is like the result after a very brutal rape session. It just destroys everything that was good.

Biron & Yenke agree, FFX is enjoyable!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Hah. Hahahaha. HAH HAH HAHAH-- yeah, let's not talk about that one scene...
    I love how everyone complains about the 'laughing' scene. You do realize that it's a forced laugh, right? Try to 'fake laugh' in real life. Chances are, it's going to sound weird and forced.

OT: Play FFX, absolutely. Easily my favorite RPG of all time, and it's my favorite overall game of all time. Amazing story, amazing everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I love how everyone complains about the 'laughing' scene. You do realize that it's a forced laugh, right? Try to 'fake laugh' in real life. Chances are, it's going to sound weird and forced.
    I always thought the same thing. It's not supposed to be "good" as far as genuine acting goes. the two characters are forcing themselves to laugh (which is rather sad in its own way).

Dont watch this video if you havent played the games. It contain spoilers (can still listen to the song though).

There are some gems in X-2 and it deserves atleast one playthrough (or three for all the endings).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    You do realize that it's a forced laugh, right? Try to 'fake laugh' in real life. Chances are, it's going to sound weird and forced.
    I don't know; I can fake laugh pretty well. Maybe I should've voiced Tidus.

It's not the laugh, anyway. Those blue things that run the shoopuff did a better VA job than Taylor... in my opinion. >.<

On another note, I've always loved Seymour. I was stuck fighting him on Gagazet for about a week...
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-09-06 at 07:06 PM.

Oh Seymour. I loved that dude.

By the way, I looked it up and couldn't find anything, but do the names of his seperate incarnations have any meaning? Guado, Natus, Flux and Omnis all sound like they could mean something in latin or something, but I can't find anything that suggests they do. Where do the names come from?

(And yes his first incarnation is called Seymour Guado by the way if you thought it was just Seymour, like I did until after I played the game).
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    I always wondered that too, along with what his little friend Mortibody/Mortiorchis/Mortiphasm was... actually, what Morti was, period.

Still remember him spam tearing his 3,000 HP out of Seymour's main bodies if you kill it first. Well deserved.