Deleted

(PTR BUG) DPS Legendary gem no longer procs for tanks

(source http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...sts-News-Recap)

What do you guys think about this ?
    In my Opinion, the only way I would "like" the tanking meta would be if the proc would give us a number of stacks which reduce the damage taken.
    Cause come on, in my 540 I have 18,18 avoidance, 8,02% parry, 20% parry from shuffle and 30% avoidance from elusive brew unbuffed. That's 76,2% chance not to be hit. And I'm not even trying.

So a warrior for example at best has half this amount of total mitigation. The rest are blocks, which are further reduced by the proc.

If we take a boss with a hypothetical 2,5sec Swingtime that's 6hits in 15sec meta uptime.
    A monk would reduce ~1/4 of those hits by 20%, while a warrior would reduce ~2/3 of those hits by 20%.
    That would be 1,5 hits for a monk and 4 hits for a warrior.

If we take these numbers and change the meta-buff to a 15 sec buff with "while active every enemy attacking you gets 4 stacks of a debuff which reduces its (physical) damage done to you by 20%. Can only occure once every 15 seconds by enemy" the amount of damage reduced would be equal.

Please don't bitchfight about those numbers, I only chose them to explain what I mean.

Kind of scaremongering, if you look into the actual forum post they say the DPS meta not proccing for tanks is a bug. At this point in the expansions lifespan, I will take a damage increase over a survivability increase anyday, and do so happily (Omnom Rune of Reorigination), and I think most tanks are in agreement on this, so I don't see how they plan to make it worth our time to take the tank cloak.

The news post is misleading. The actual thread the blues stated this was a bug and will be fixed in future patches.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    You just saved my day
    Now I just have to wait for 5.4 to get my legendary DPS cloak

So ... is the DPS meta not procing for tanks RIGHT NOW? Or is this speaking of on PTR for 5.4 its not procing?

15+ Year Old Account
    The bug is on PTR and not live.It will get fixed before the patch goes live so no worries about it.

Okay, so it's basically nothing then.... Why do people get bent out of shape over PTR stuff again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Scared me there I'm getting the meta next reset and I'd be royally pissed if they nerfed the dps gem just as I was getting it...

now if they could just fix the other bugs on the PTR I'd be content
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    If you read the posts above you,you will see that the creator of this thread didnt realize that this was a bug as it is mentioned in the blue responce.

Yeah I was the one who made the post. Was just trying to find out if it was working as intended or not because I was testing DPS cloak and whether the DPS hits could proc the meta gem. And realized I was getting no procs at all. So made a post to find out if it was a bug or a unannounced change.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    The news post is misleading. The actual thread the blues stated this was a bug and will be fixed in future patches.
    yeah they should have posted Lore's first response to my post along side of the 2nd The first one was lore coming in just going "Its a bug "

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Okay, so it's basically nothing then.... Why do people get bent out of shape over PTR stuff again?
    They probably didn't realize it was a post from the PTR forums. MMO really needs to make a like PTR symbol and put it next to blue posts from the PTR forum.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2013-07-28 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think blizz realises that it would be lame to stop tanks from choosing between DPS and mitigation with their legendaries, hence their desire to instead buff the tank meta gem to make it more attractive rather than restrict the use of the DPS meta.

Now they just need to make the tank cloak proc more attractive...