Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's nearly from launch this place is full of bots. If you was wondering if Anet read your reports, now you know..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    This cracks me up. The game is only two weeks old and it's been reduced to this?
    Isn't this how it always goes in MMO's? People trying to find the best way to "power level" and "get as much gold as possible as fast as possible"? At least that's how I have experienced it so far in other MMO's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardist View Post
    Isn't this how it always goes in MMO's? People trying to find the best way to "power level" and "get as much gold as possible as fast as possible"? At least that's how I have experienced it so far in other MMO's.
    Yes, all of them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    Yes, all of them
    Just to make sure people understand,

ALL OF THEM!

Deleted
    Take a trip to Harathi Hinterlands and see people fill chat with "Kol is up" so they can farm that chain repeatedly. I'd sooner complete my map exploration and cross that zone off my list but that's me.

Deleted
    IMHO, if they could change the way DE's spawn so that they wouldn't occur if >50% of the people inside the DE area are standing still, that'd be lovely.

It doesn't really bother me tbh. If people want to play the game by repeating the same stuff over and over again, let them. I think there are plenty other games that have that design made on purpose though, hehehe.

Personally, I play the game, have fun, do the event and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    And your incredibly negative comments in the "What is there to do at end game?" threads suddenly make sense.
    LOL, it proves how laughable some events are. There are some wave events where you only have to participate in one wave to get the gold. You also don't get rewarded for rezzing people during an event so why not afk?
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

In a game that gold is everything (travel through map, Buy best armor, buy cosmetic armor from vendor, power level through crafting if you have the gold to buy the materials, buy awesome cosmetics from vendor(cultural armor), repairs cause you die a lot in this game) and there is a ridiculous small prices for gems->gold then I don't see how you are surprised if there are bots around? When in level 40 I have 1,90 gold and give 1 gold for a book on a vendor to be able to use my traits, and then in order to move to a waypoint in the next area I need 1,4 silver...Maybe they thought that this will push people buy gems and trade them to gold, but this means to many bots also and gold sellers will always sell cheaper than gems -> gold.

I remember in lineage in some areas you had to pay the bots to let you hit a mob...that will be true if many bots camp DEs in last area.

Let me explain what I mean gold is everything...Lets say i have lots of gold in all my games, lots of gold...

Can I level a class from level 1 to max level with my gold?
    Rift:No
    Swtor:No
    Lotro:No
    Wow:No
    GW2:Yes

Can I buy/craft the very best armor in the game?

Now if you check my posts generally,I love gw2 and I see myself playing it for very loong time but if you ask me to chose 1 game that I have to have lots of gold but with the penalty that I don't have any gold in other games, I would chose GW2 closed eyes. I don't say that there is no way to do things without gold, I just say what someone can do with gold in this game.

So bots/gold sellers doesn't surprise me at all in this game and i am expecting to be full of them except if Anet make a lot of effort to stop them without also ban innocent people, like Aion and NCSoft did in their desperate try to clear the game from bots
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-09-07 at 11:05 AM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Can I level a class from level 1 to max level with my gold?

Can I buy/craft the very best armor in the game?
    Can I get filthy rich and afford pretty much everything without any effort?
    Rift: Yes
    Swtor: Yes
    Lotro: Unknown
    Wow: Yes
    GW2: No

Think you missed that one.

As a reference point, buying a vendor-sold weapon when you just hit 80 will take close to, if not over, 50% of your money unless you've been selling a lot on the TP (which currently isn't worth it).

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    The use of a 3'rd party program isn't required to bet you banned, any kind of afk-like behavior will do.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 01:16 PM ----------

I agree, this includes people not looking at their screen just spamming one key.
    That's retarded.

While those are bots, yes you are actually supposed to DE farm later in the game. The final zones of Orr are 100% Dynamic Events with no hearts. It's made of DE 'web's which are supposed to make for a more fluid experience with nearly limitless outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    LOL, it proves how laughable some events are. There are some wave events where you only have to participate in one wave to get the gold. You also don't get rewarded for rezzing people during an event so why not afk?
    You actively participate in events and stay throughout the whole thing cause you actually have fun and enjoy playing the game. All of the people with the ill just do the bare minimum so I can get my gold cause what's the point mentality will stop playing after a few weeks and complain there's nothing to do.

It's like people don't play games as games anymore, they look at them as challenges to complete no matter how arduous, boring, or repetitive a way they choose to complete them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Can I get filthy rich and afford pretty much everything without any effort?
    Rift: Yes
    Swtor: Yes
    Lotro: Unknown
    Wow: Yes
    GW2: No

Think you missed that one.

As a reference point, buying a vendor-sold weapon when you just hit 80 will take close to, if not over, 50% of your money unless you've been selling a lot on the TP (which currently isn't worth it).
    When you say afford everything what do you mean? I have 200k gold in wow the last 2 years and the only reason I have spent any money for is if I level a new class and buy epic mount...Also I don't understand, in a game that advertised it is based on skill, do I need effort to pay repairs and travel through map? I said it and say it again, the value of gold in GW2 are 20x more than a value of gold in other Known MMOs. I also didn't said that this is bad, I just say that I am not surprised if this game have 10x more bots than other games. This is my opinion btw
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    When you say afford everything what do you mean? I have 200k gold in wow the last 2 years and the only reason I have spent any money for is if I level a new class and buy epic mount...Also I don't understand, in a game that advertised it is based on skill, do I need effort to pay repairs and travel through map? I said it and say it again, the value of gold in GW2 are 20x more than a value of gold in other Known MMOs. I also didn't said that this is bad, I just say that I am not surprised if this game have 10x more bots than other games. This is my opinion btw
    Yeah, I know, just saying that if you're going to compare the effect of gold in those games, you'll need to compare the availability of gold in those games as well.

By "afford pretty much everything without any effort" I mean essentially "being able to buy everything that is relevant to the game plus possibly some expensive cosmetics without having to purposely work towards getting more money".

Deleted
    OP and everyone in this thread like him is just down right dumb.

Good luck playing this game without DE farming. The only way you can do ANYTHING thats exclusive to 80 (the very small amount of things that are) is by DE farming.
    Gold is actually valuable in this game, it is much much much more useful than in any other MMO ever. DE farming gives you lots of karma, which is needed, and lots of gold, which is needed.

" So people just DE farm?...not actually play the game?"

Erm. They are playing the game you moron. Just because they aren't "exploring the amazing world that guild wars has set out for them" doesn't mean they are NOT playing the game, they are just playing it how they want to play it. If they want to grind to get the best stuff in game as fast as possible, who are you to complain?

Yeah, I know, just saying that if you're going to compare the effect of gold in those games, you'll need to compare the availability of gold in those games as well.

By "afford pretty much everything without any effort" I mean essentially "being able to buy everything that is relevant to the game plus possibly some expensive cosmetics without having to purposely work towards getting more money".

So you are telling me that because gold is easier to get in wow, it doesnt affect the fact that in guild wars 2 money means a lot?
    Lol please, did you play vanilla wow?

There's no need to insult others. Be nice or don't post at all. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-09-07 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meladath View Post
    So you are telling me that because gold is easier to get in wow, it doesnt affect the fact that in guild wars 2 money means a lot?
    Lol please, did you play vanilla wow?
    I'm telling you quite the opposite - because gold is easier to get in WoW, it amplifies just how much GW2 money is worth.

And no, I didn't, nor do I see how that's at all relevant to what I said.

Deleted
    I'm telling you quite the opposite - because gold is easier to get in WoW, it amplifies just how much GW2 money is worth.

And no, I didn't, nor do I see how that's at all relevant to what I said.
    Ah right, then I apologise and I read your message wrong. I agree with you.

It was relevant because in vanilla wow getting gold was almost as difficult as in GW2.
    Grinding 1k gold for your epic 60 mount back then would take months.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    How eloquent - if you can't argue a point why bother posting?
    If one can not realise by themselves why someone who's actually playing and not using a third party sofware to do it for them, aren't botting even if they aren't looking at their screen, there's no help for said person.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised how Anet programmed the money part. On gw1 they just made high rewarded quests, storybook, billion ways to not need anymore any 55 solofarm. Who needs a goldseller anymore? Noone.

Who needs a goldseller on gw2? 90% of us, with barely a couple gold, except some smartass who used the TP exploit to steal some money around. And some others who still claim to make billions with blue craft mats. Let's not forget the so helpful crew of idiots who don't share a damn on how to craft those damned legendary weapons. But still, selling the exotic needed for 10g or less. Go search on google where in the hell are crafted/ made/ bough those damned exotic weapons needed for a legendary, c'mon