Deleted

what can we solo?

i play my priest only as my alt so i don't know that much about them.. what raids can we solo? is kaelthas and onyxia possible? and what spec would you use? shadow or disci?

Deleted
    kaelthas is possible as shadow i did it last ID, dont know about ony

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldora View Post
    i play my priest only as my alt so i don't know that much about them.. what raids can we solo? is kaelthas and onyxia possible? and what spec would you use? shadow or disci?
    Kael'thas has been solo'able for the majority of Cataclysm (pre-4.2), so would be surprised if you couldn't solo him now, especially with the lack of mana issues we have and how strong healing is currently.

Onyxia is a different issue. I've not tried to solo her nor do I think it would be easy just because whelps still deal a lot of damage and we suffer from a lack of pushback protection. Would have thought it's possible if done correctly, though.

Deleted
    The question should be : ''What can't you solo''?

You can solo : Saphiron-Noth-Grobbulus-Loatheb-Kael Thas-Malygos-Sartharion-XT-Faerlina-Archimonde-Gothik-The Four Horsemen-Kil'Jaeden-Magtheridon-Anub'Rekhan-High King Maulgar-Razorscale-Heigan-Kel'Thuzad-Maexxna-Rotface-Yogg Saron-Onyxia-Gluth-Deathwhisper-Marrowgar-Sindragosa-Kologarn-Auriaya-Mimiron-Hodir-Koralon-Mimiron HM-Ignis-Vashj-Deathwhisper HM-Faction Champions-Jaraxxus-Rotface HM-Thaddius-Flame Leviathan-Freya-Yogg 1 light-Twins emperors-The Assembly of Iron-Alysrazor normal/HM-Twin Val/kyr-Marrowgar HM-Saphiron25-Archavon-Sartharion25-Emalon-XT HM-Grobbulus25-Jaraxxus HM-Northrend Beasts-Thorim HM-Faction Champions HM-Twin Val'kyr HM-Patchwerk...

What can't you solo ?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Kael'thas has been solo'able for the majority of Cataclysm (pre-4.2), so would be surprised if you couldn't solo him now, especially with the lack of mana issues we have and how strong healing is currently.

Onyxia is a different issue. I've not tried to solo her nor do I think it would be easy just because whelps still deal a lot of damage and we suffer from a lack of pushback protection. Would have thought it's possible if done correctly, though.
    Went to Ony's Lair 2 days ago on my priest to give it a go (10 man)

downed her on the second attempt.

As long as you can survive the first big wave of whelps, the rest is easy.

Edit : Went as Shadow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post

You can solo : Saphiron-Noth-Grobbulus-Loatheb-Kael Thas-Malygos-Sartharion-XT-Faerlina-Archimonde-Gothik-The Four Horsemen-Kil'Jaeden-Magtheridon-Anub'Rekhan-High King Maulgar-Razorscale-Heigan-Kel'Thuzad-Maexxna-Rotface-Yogg Saron-Onyxia-Gluth-Deathwhisper-Marrowgar-Sindragosa-Kologarn-Auriaya-Mimiron-Hodir-Koralon-Mimiron HM-Ignis-Vashj-Deathwhisper HM-Faction Champions-Jaraxxus-Rotface HM-Thaddius-Flame Leviathan-Freya-Yogg 1 light-Twins emperors-The Assembly of Iron-Alysrazor normal/HM-Twin Val/kyr-Marrowgar HM-Saphiron25-Archavon-Sartharion25-Emalon-XT HM-Grobbulus25-Jaraxxus HM-Northrend Beasts-Thorim HM-Faction Champions HM-Twin Val'kyr HM-Patchwerk...

What can't you solo ?
    A lot of this seems a bit hard to believe.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post

I've been farming Ony for a little while now, the glyph of dark mending or whichever it's called (allows you to renew, PoM in Shadowform) is a great help. Keep your heals up, keep your shield up, and you should have no problems.

15+ Year Old Account
    what about as disc? disc's dps is pretty hot right now and with atonement heals and shields on DA surely you survive quite well?

i've only just hit 85, but hoping to solo some T4 stuff for that set =)

Deleted
    I reckon it's definitely possible. I can solo it on my DK as Blood, which essentially does very little damage to Ony when you take into account the air phase. I'm just relying on self healing, and dots to dps Ony but a disc priest will have far more self healing and can still dps Ony a fair amount during the air phase.

Provided you can outlast a few whelps waves then all is fine and dandy, will just take a little longer.

Edited to say it seems that void tendrils talent works quite well on the whelps if you need some breathing room.
    Last edited by mmocc2eb32b347; 2012-09-10 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    I reckon it's definitely possible. I can solo it on my DK as Blood, which essentially does very little damage to Ony when you take into account the air phase. I'm just relying on self healing, and dots to dps Ony but a disc priest will have far more self healing and can still dps Ony a fair amount during the air phase.

Provided you can outlast a few whelps waves then all is fine and dandy, will just take a little longer.

Edited to say it seems that void tendrils talent works quite well on the whelps if you need some breathing room.
    I am not sure if Disc Priests get Mind Sear, but if they don't then whelps will be a problem. Also I believe disc priest may also run into mana problems. However he is a fresh 85, there is no way a fresh 85 priest, disc or shadow, can take on ony.

What can't you solo ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    A lot of this seems a bit hard to believe.
    This list of bosses, especially the order in which they are listed...seems awfully familiar...
    Also wanted to add Toravon the Ice Watcher 10man, Heroic Sindragosa 10man, and Sarth3D 10man to that list. Although Heroic Sindy does not seem to be possible post patch due to changes to mana regen mechanics.

Ok enough joking around.. This list of bosses only shows what the class can be capable of given high enough gear. It is not really soloable for the average priest with an average ilvl of 385. Even with high enough gear, you must be prepared to wipe a few times, or many times, or enough times to make repair cost 500g+ (for a cloth based class, thats a lot of repairs). Attempting these bosses as a priest means either u are REALLY enthusiastic about soloing, which I havent seen many outside of DKs, Hunters and Druids (seriously, soloing threads in those class forums go up to 10 pages or more), or you wanted to find hard (yet possible) challenges within the game coz honestly Dragon Soul after 10 months is really not that challenging.......

Last edited by zsun; 2012-09-10 at 09:34 AM.

Deleted
    To be fair, I found Ony far easier on my Priest than on my DK. But that's down to the air phase

And also, search on youtube for Alysrazor solo. Before the patch it was possible for both a priest and fire mage to solo. Since then I think mage mechanics have changed slightly but still very possible on a priest I should think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    I am not sure if Disc Priests get Mind Sear, but if they don't then whelps will be a problem. Also I believe disc priest may also run into mana problems. However he is a fresh 85, there is no way a fresh 85 priest, disc or shadow, can take on ony.
    Mind Sear is a class-wide spell learned at 76 currently. The mana problems are easily fixed by taking Solace.
    Agreed on the fact that a fresh 85 will run into problems.

This list of bosses, especially the order in which they are listed...seems awfully familiar...
    Also wanted to add Toravon the Ice Watcher 10man, Heroic Sindragosa 10man, and Sarth3D 10man to that list. Although Heroic Sindy does not seem to be possible post patch due to changes to mana regen mechanics.

Ok enough joking around.. This list of bosses only shows what the class can be capable of given high enough gear. It is not really soloable for the average priest with an average ilvl of 385. Even with high enough gear, you must be prepared to wipe a few times, or many times, or enough times to make repair cost 500g+ (for a cloth based class, thats a lot of repairs). Attempting these bosses as a priest means either u are REALLY enthusiastic about soloing, which I havent seen many outside of DKs, Hunters and Druids (seriously, soloing threads in those class forums go up to 10 pages or more), or you wanted to find hard (yet possible) challenges within the game coz honestly Dragon Soul after 10 months is really not that challenging.......

I think you'll find that with the new Glyph of Dark Binding priest Soloing (particularly as Shadow) might become more popular as we can now keep Renew at 100% uptime and PRoM on ourselves on CD without having to lose a GCD on returning into Shadowform. Add this onto Glyph of Power Word: Shield for the 20% extra heal, too, it's a lot of free healing without having to switch forms and thus lose 15% Damage Reduction and 20% Damage buff on any spells cast out of Shadowform. Sure, it won't ever be as dynamic as BDK or Hunters or even Druids or Warlocks, but it's an improvement compared to what we had before.

Personally I still won't bother trying to solo anything bar Alysrazor for the mount, but Alysrazor (in MoP, anyway) may well be doable in one air phase, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post

How do you manage her melee/breath in p1 and p3?

Hurts like hell on me with 40% reduced melee dmg

Using Inner Fire, PW: Shield and Dark Binding glyphs

388 iLvl

Also: Using Void Tendrils & Body and Soul for splitting the damage of the whelps (still can't get past them)

Deleted

What can't you solo ?
    While I don't often solo stuff on my priest, I'd have to agree with the other posters that yes, this list is hard to believe!!

E.g. I was messing around with Marrowgar the other day and how do you avoid being killed from his melee attacks and deal enough damage to survive? Even with glyph of inner fire, self-healing etc... it ain't an easy task.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post

388 iLvl

Also: Using Void Tendrils & Body and Soul for splitting the damage of the whelps (still can't get past them)
    Keep Renew/PRoM on CD/100% uptime, Keep PW: S on CD as much as Weakened Soul allows, use Greater Heal to keep yourself alive otherwise. Keep Mind Blast on CD, DP @ 3 orbs, keep 100% on VT and Pain. Don't need to Mind Flay, not 100% necessary, keep focus on keeping yourself alive. Watch mana carefully and disperse when you need to - Glyph of Dispersion might come in handy. Use Shadowfiend at ~65% mana and use it for the mana not the damage.

If you're Shadow, take FDCL as the procs when OUT of Shadow form can be saved and used as free flash heals (bear in mind they only stick around for 6 seconds and take you out of Shadowform). Take ToF for proccing on adds/whelps, it's useful.

On whelps do the same but just spam Mind Sear. Try and keep VT rolling on whatever you can for FDCL Shadow procs - easy and free damage.

Bear in mind that I'm 404 iLvl and I don't find it super-easy.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post

388 iLvl

For the first phase, it's simply tank'n spank while keeping shield, renew and PoM up and the occasional Flash Heal.

For p2, the big wave of whelps coming in from both sides is the biggest roadblock on the fight imo, but doable with heals and some kiting.
    As always, keep shield and renew up, then spam flash heal if you get major issues. For some breathing room (about 15 sec), pop your fiend, then fade and use your fiend as a target for Mind Sear. Keep SW: Pain and VT rolling on Ony and disperse when needed.

When it comes to talents, I went with Tendrils, Body and Soul, FDCL, Angelic Bulwark and Divine Insight.
    Cunning of the Cruel is really helpful as well for the whelps:P
    ilvl for me is 402[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Dual; 2012-09-12 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMonkfish View Post
    While I don't often solo stuff on my priest, I'd have to agree with the other posters that yes, this list is hard to believe!!

E.g. I was messing around with Marrowgar the other day and how do you avoid being killed from his melee attacks and deal enough damage to survive? Even with glyph of inner fire, self-healing etc... it ain't an easy task.
    I suggest a kiting strategy for Marrowgar. Face tanking head-on only works back in 4.3, when mana was unlimited due to masochism (everytime marrowgar hits you, you get 10% mana back).
    For heroic Marrowgar, kiting is the only option. This was back in 4.3. I assume it's even easier now in 5.0.4 due to angelic feathers.

There should be some vids on YouTube for marrowgar solo, both normal and heroic.
    Last edited by zsun; 2012-09-12 at 03:30 AM.