Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Kael, Keep getting MC'ed.

Hello, In patch 4.3.3, I had no problems whatsoever solo'ing Kael on my Blood DK 403 I level.

Now after 5.0.4 I keep getting MC'ed after i've killed all he's Keepers, In 4.3.3 this would not happend.

I did like 8 tries yeasterday and got MC'ed everytime, someone got a good advice?

The bloodworms are probably causing you to be MC'd. I don't remember which ability these are tied to, but I think it is a passive and you have no way to disable it, other than to respec to frost or unholy.

Note: I'm just going off memory. I haven't given my DK much love since the patch. I could be very wrong. YMMV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloodworms are no longer optional, as in they will always spawn when you fight. When you have pets out Kael'thas MC's you, unforunately it is no longer possible to solo the fight as Blood. You could try Frost, the anti-knockback Pillar of Frost glyph works wonders for bursting down the mage lady.

Edit: Yay 200th post.

Deleted
    1) He targets tanks now to MC them. New in 5.0.4.
    2) Minions such as frost mage pet, shadowy apparitions count as a player.

Anyway, you can just PuG a few people and raidroll 30k if the mount drops. That's what I see so many people on my realm do. And apparently it works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    Bloodworms are no longer optional, as in they will always spawn when you fight. When you have pets out Kael'thas MC's you, unforunately it is no longer possible to solo the fight as Blood. You could try Frost, the anti-knockback Pillar of Frost glyph works wonders for bursting down the mage lady.

Edit: Yay 200th post.
    Lol gratz.

But from my exp i would find it impossible to solo Kael as unholy/Frost (From my exp :P Dont judge). Would this mean Kael is CURRENTLY unsoloable?

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya, what the people said above. It's suppose to be a bug but I have a feeling they did it on purpose and won't fix it in a hurry.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gnurf View Post
    Would this mean Kael is CURRENTLY unsoloable?
    I think that was probably Blizz's intent.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

As a shaman who soloed it since FL and has totems/wolves/elementals that made him MC me, you can outplay the mechanic.

His emote "bow to my will" is the MC. When you're LoS, he can't MC since your guardians/pets are immune for it and you are LoS.

The trick is after killing the guardians all over the instance, you summon your pet/army anything that will be on the aggro table.
    When Kael comes, let them attack him while you stand LoS and wait for the emote (usually he does it as soon they are attacking him).
    When he did the emote, you're free to nuke him for more than 30sec without getting mc'ed (can be longer).
    I suppose you don't interrupt for stacking vengeance so that might be enough to kill him.
    Dunno if changing into undead makes you immune to the MC if so pay attention to timer and react accordingly (iirc he does pyro spam shield and MC each once a minute but not always in the same order).

Hope these tips will help you beat him.
    Last edited by woopytywoop; 2012-09-07 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    unforunately it is no longer possible to solo the fight as Blood.
    That's not true, I have soloed him as Blood in patch 5.0.4 and I soloed him as Frost this week. Frost was a lot harder due to the damage you take, but our Conversion talent helps with that.

If you're going to solo him as Blood you have to pray that you have no Bloodworms up by the time he uses Mind Control, and simply try to zerg him down as quickly as possible with cooldowns (dancing rune weapon, etc).
    Last edited by Gontier; 2012-09-07 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnurf View Post
    Hello, In patch 4.3.3, I had no problems whatsoever solo'ing Kael on my Blood DK 403 I level.

Now after 5.0.4 I keep getting MC'ed after i've killed all he's Keepers, In 4.3.3 this would not happend.

I did like 8 tries yeasterday and got MC'ed everytime, someone got a good advice?
    There are a lot of informations about how the encounter works and how to work around them in this topic;
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ead-2-0/page19
    Just go back a few pages, Kael was making a lot of hype recently.

It IS doable as blood, and there are several ways to counter the MCing. It also very doable as Frost or Unholy (without pet) + Death Siphon.

Well, in addition to death strike, you also have death siphon, and with obliterate criting for over 100k, I can't imagine that you have too much difficulty once you get past the advisers.

Overall, Kael'thas Phase 4 and 5 got bugged worse than it was before with Gravity Lapse not catching you.

1: If he has more than one target, he has unlimited MC targets.
    2: Legendary items not triggering their effects/not stopping what they are supposed to (this is more for other classes than for DKs)
    3: Gravity Lapse is still bugged.
    4: Nether Vapours do not despawn without resetting the instance.

Part of the reason for all the bugs, is cause nobody Beta tests old content, that shouldn't change. But it isn't the first time things broke in an expansion, for old content (some TBC quests broke with the release of Cata, for example). Outlands seems to be the home to alot of problematic code that changes for the sake of it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    I think that was probably Blizz's intent.
    Unsoloable? Try unkillable. Go in with 25 people, and he will MC all 25. In one shot. Can't use the legendary staff to block fear/stun effects, the buff appears, but does nothing. Some healing skills (Word of Glory comes to mind atm) are not triggering the Cosmic Infuser's damage reduction proc.

I doubt Blizzard intentionally went and broke the encounter. This smells more like random code breaking with an expansion.... again. Not the first time some TBC content broke with an expansion release (happened in Cata too). Mostly because everyone expects it to just work the same, rather than test it to be sure.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-09-08 at 09:50 PM.

Go as frost with 2 soul drinkers both with fallen crusader. (Never use gurthalak, as the tentacle counts as a pet)

Don't summon your ghoul on the boss.

Easy kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kael'thas isn't unsoloable by DKs... blood may prove a game of chance, but you can solo him as frost. I know from experience. However, it is more time consuming and a bit more difficult .(luckily however I no longer have to do it, as I obtained the phoenix mount earlier this week)

Kill the advisers throughout the instance. I find it works well enough to kill Thaladred and Sanguinar in the back of Void Reaver's room, Telonicus at the fork in the that path splits to KT's room from the hallway to Void Reaver, and Calpernian in the first doorway of the little "airlock" that leads into KT's room (you'll have to run past her and pull her back.) You can glyph pillar of frost so Calpernian doesn't fling you around, but if you position her correctly, you can jam your back against the inside of the doorway frame and still be in melee range of her.

When all four advisers spring up, take out Capernian ASAP and then down the rest of them on your way to void reaver's room, finishing the phase by killing Thaladred. Wait just inside Void Reaver's room, just to the side and a little bit behind the doorway. You can then bandage/heal/whatever while Kael'thas runs to you.

I took Death Siphon instead of conversion. I also found that Death Siphon healed me for more than Death Strike did. Whittling Kael'thas down takes a bit of time, but howling blast splash should efficiently drop the phoenixes. Spam death siphon/death strike when you get low, be quick on the interrupts, and be sure to chase him down as he runs back to his main chamber in his second phase change, as it allows you to get some nice free hits in on him.

During his second phase, outrange his attacks during gravity lapse, which will force him to move out of the nether vapors and allow you to attack him unabated. Other than getting unlucky with disorients and flamestrikes, or an occasional uninterrupted pyroblast, he isn't all that difficult.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-09-09 at 04:50 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    1) He targets tanks now to MC them. New in 5.0.4.
    2) Minions such as frost mage pet, shadowy apparitions count as a player.

Anyway, you can just PuG a few people and raidroll 30k if the mount drops. That's what I see so many people on my realm do. And apparently it works.
    Kael will never MC his main aggro target. But if you get disrupted and have a pet/guardian (such as Bloodworms or Gurth tentacle) that are immune to it, you will cease to be the main aggro target as disrupt causes a threat wipe while active.

Really wish people stop spreading misinformation like this. It's not even that hard to solo as Frost, as there's so little physical damage. If anything, Kael has gotten easier to solo for all classes with the new talents and glyphs..

But that's not to say that stuff doesn't bug out. On my DK during the Grand Astromancer fight, I had one of her priest adds hit me for 320k holy damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Kael will never MC his main aggro target. But if you get disrupted and have a pet/guardian (such as Bloodworms or Gurth tentacle) that are immune to it, you will cease to be the main aggro target as disrupt causes a threat wipe while active.
    I'm not sure you need to lose aggro to be MCed. I think he only needs more than one target to cast it. (Like most mobs, think Hakkar for a minute)

Anyone care to confirm ?

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    I'm not sure you need to lose aggro to be MCed. I think he only needs more than one target to cast it. (Like most mobs, think Hakkar for a minute)

Anyone care to confirm ?
    Shouldn't be that hard to confirm. Bring 2 tanks and 1 healer that can use the staff. Have one tank be out of range of the staff buff but main tanking Kael. Have the other tank generate some threat on Kael but be in range of the staff buff, and have the healer doing as little as possible. If the tank on Kael gets disrupted, the other tank should become the main aggro target. If he still gets MCed, I will be wrong.

Edit: Certainly he never casts in if the only thing in the instance hostile to Kael is you. What I am suggesting is just a way to test if the main aggro target ever gets MCed.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2012-09-10 at 12:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Edit: Certainly he never casts in if the only thing in the instance hostile to Kael is you. What I am suggesting is just a way to test if the main aggro target ever gets MCed.
    I think he actually can cast it even if you're alone. (I do believe it's a scripted event with a timer. Like a cooldown he has to use everytime it's refreshed) It's just not working if there are no other targets in the room. Hakkar did the exact same thing back in the pre 4.1 days, blood worms would give him the possibility to MC you. (And I don't remember any way for them to have aggro over you)

I've never had Kael do his "Obey Me" line while soloing on 5 different classes unless something like bloodworms were up, so he won't cast it unless multiple targets are in the instance. And yeah, normally pets like bloodworms wouldn't out-threat you, but with a threat wipe and you unable to do anything, a single attack from them will out-threat you during your disrupt.

I tried to Army/LOS Kael'thas with Blood Spec, but I got no "obey me..." yell and as soon as he disoriented me the first time, 1-2 seconds later I was MC'ed.
    Then I tried Frost with 403 ilvl DPS Gear aswell (PvP Trinket, Conversion, Blood-Presence/Frost-Presence, Death-Strike spam), but I die after the 3. disorient each time.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...th/ange/simple

Maybe I do something wrong as Frost or maybe I need a very lucky try to beat Kael'thas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I tried to Army/LOS Kael'thas with Blood Spec, but I got no "obey me..." yell and as soon as he disoriented me the first time, 1-2 seconds later I was MC'ed.
    Then I tried Frost with 403 ilvl DPS Gear aswell (PvP Trinket, Conversion, Blood-Presence/Frost-Presence, Death-Strike spam), but I die after the 3. disorient each time.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...th/ange/simple

Maybe I do something wrong as Frost or maybe I need a very lucky try to beat Kael'thas.
    Shouldn't have to stance dance to kill Kael. For phase 4, I'm just waiting for him inside of Grand Astromancer's or Void Reaver's room, depending on where I am after I kill Thaladred. If you move about 10 yards to the left or right of the hallway to that room, you'll still get hit by Arcane Disrupt, but Kael has to keep moving to get LoS for Fireball, so that's about 5 seconds of disrupt you don't have to worry about. For the others, if you have a good idea on the timing for Disrupts (about 30 seconds), pop AMS before it will happen and you'll be immune to it. This allows you to save your trinket for a bad Disrupt+Flamestrike combo.

As for self-healing issues, don't bother with Conversion; it's the weakest of the three healing talents in terms of amount healed and your dps. I normally go with Death Pact to summon a ghoul shortly after a disrupt for a free 70k heal, then dismiss it, but if you're afraid of getting MCed, use Death Siphon. Costs less runes than Death Strike and heals for about the same. You might also want to grab Lichborne so that if you have high RP, you can pop LB and just Death Coil yourself 1-2 times for 25k-45kish health. Can't remember if Death Coil will do an absorb if cast on yourself or not while you aren't in Lichborne mode, but that's another damage reduction method you try out (test on trash). Another nice thing about LB is that it makes you immune to Sanguinar's fear.

But for the most part, you should just be doing the normal Frost rotation, working a Death Strike / Death Siphon every 2-3 Fireballs. If you have AMZ talented instead of Lichborne, interrupt Fireball as often as possible, then let Kael just cast his 3 Pyroblasts (IBF the first and second, spamming Death Strike or Death Siphon between casts. then AMS the third), as Kael will usually follow up with a Flamestrike + Disrupt. Note that this is what you should do if you're unsure of the next Disrupt and your trinket is on cooldown. With your item level it shouldn't take more than 2-3 Arcane Disrupts to push phase 5.

So, just to sum that wall of text up:

1. Don't stance dance, not worth losing RP or glyphing for the ability to keep 70% of your RP.
    2. Take the following talents: Death Pact OR Death Siphon, AMZ OR LB, Death's Advance
    3. Stand in a spot such that Kael can Arcane Disrupt you but does not have LoS for Fireball for the first Disrupt.
    4. Do normal Frost rotation, switching Obliterate for Death Siphon or Death Strike every 2-3 Fireballs
    5. Keep track of the time, Disrupts happen about every 25-30 seconds, so if you pop AMS correctly, you'll be immune to it.
    6. Don't stand in Flamestrike.
    7. Only interrupt Pyroblast if you have an AMS to protect you from the Disrupt that will most likely be cast afterwards.
    8. Kael should push to phase 5 at 2-3 Arcane Disrupts. If it's taking longer than that for you, just ask for help until you get to 90.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2012-09-12 at 06:01 PM.