Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

What's the hardest boss in your opinion?

I've been searching for a thread which discusses which is the hardest boss, but did not find any.

So... What is the hardest boss you've faced, wether or not you actually killed it.
    Did you do so in some sort of higher difficulty?
    What is it that makes the boss so hard?

Myself, I would probably have to go with Young Xehanort (Kingdom Hearts 3D) Critical mode Level 1.
    I still get stuck on that troll. Not only does he hit like a train (obviously,) but also in phase two, you have a timer in which you must kill an hourglass, and if you fail to do so, he will rewind time and get half his hp back. Then it repeats. Doing this at level 1 is almost impossibru!

Paragon from Final Fantasy X-2 was pretty tough. Deathevan from Breath of Fire 2 kicked my ass quite a bit too. I'll go with Deathevan.

I have 2, but one was a DERP moment:

1. PSP God Of War, Forget the boss's name but it was one of the ones that could fly towards the mid/end of the game- I was having a hard time because of the the attacks would just destroy me when I tryed to just avoid (thought this was what I had to do) - ranged projectile. I'd formulated a good strategy for avoiding and using my swords/knifes and jump attacks to be the shit out of her but always managed to mess up just enough and die. Was getting angry because people were saying she was easy... then in a derp fat finger moment I used the shield and bounced her projectile back to her which caused her damage and to fall from the sky... I face-palmed.

2. Actual Toughest boss- Gunna go with Half-life- GOY edition 1999 (first release before it got its title). When I made it to the last boss the first time I had damn near 0 ammo for my entire arsenal, and the bug/wasp gun (had infinite ammo) didn't have enough of the range needed to stand back and pelt the boss, plus it often times targeted the floating guys instead of the boss, and during this time the more of those you killed the more would spawn.

15+ Year Old Account
    For me, it's definitely Elder God fight (final boss) of Legacy of Kain: Defiance... Them tentacles everywhere
    Or Diablo 2 Frozenstein with frost sorceress on hell difficulty
    Last edited by Samyaaza; 2012-09-07 at 04:44 PM.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Penance from FF X (if you don't cheat with Zanmato). Some Dark Aeons before him were also... surprising. Also one could try to fight all 3 Dark Magus Sisters at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits. I think that final boss took me over an hour to beat. So it was hardest (in that to do it right it took a long time).

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - The Werewolf boss was one of the technically toughest boss fights I can remember doing. I died SO MANY times its not even funny. Controllers came very close to being thrown.

The ice boss in Metroid Prime 3. I couldn't do it, I had never been more frustrated and I don't even think it was that hard, just couldnt do it.

Deleted
    Flight school in GTA:SA ...gawd that was just >.<!

Ragnaros heroic 25 before 4.3
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Playing Dark Souls (on PC lol) made me to redefine "hard".

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    Playing Dark Souls (on PC lol) made me to redefine "hard".
    I didn't thought it was out on PC

The fucking worm train boss in Devil May Cry 4 (maybe 3), fuck that cunt.

Deleted
    Metroid Prime 2 Bogus Swamp when you fight that boss after you get the gravity boost, I think it was called Alpha Blog or something, it was such a pain to dodge on hard difficulty!

Also Ragnaros Heroic!!!

Sephiroth, in Kingdom Hearts.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

RPGs: Unlimited Indalecio
    Fighting Games: KoF '01 Igniz, barely beating out Parace l'Sia

Multiplayer: Yogg 0
    Singleplayer: Can't remember, probably something on DMC3

The floor in WoW. Except in DS. The floor in DS didn't really do anything.

Final boss of Phantom Crash. Kept trying to kill her for weeks... Finally managed it after so much nerd raging. Great game though: shame it keeps freezing on my Xbox 360... =/

FF9 Ozma, no weaking him; never bet him
    Touhou Final Boss; again didn't beat him

Couple of the bosses in RE4, and Revelations; Bet them all but some of them, especially the last boss in revelations was very difficult

10+ Year Old Account
    In modern gaming, Executioner Smough and Dragonslayer Ornstein from Dark Souls.