Thread: Facebook Posts

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Facebook Posts

Does anyone else find themselves itching to strangle their friends, even RL friends, that post the same tripe on Facebook all the time:

• Exhortations to repost inspirational messages about fighting cancer, as if that actually makes a difference and if you repost them, you clearly have courage
    • Those people that get married and then create a married Facebook where they post lovey-dovey messages to each other
    • People who post ridiculous quizzes that are designed to sound like you are a complete asshole if you either don't fill it out, or don't manage to win...in whatever way winning is
    • People who think that messaging you is writing on your wall for all to see

I dunno. I post only relevant things about my life that I'm sure my real friends would be interested in knowing. Facebook does make communication between friends faster and easier, especially for setting up things like parties, but it's so frustrating to see the spam from everyone, even closest friends.

Anyone else have a post they particularly dislike from Facebook? No naming & shaming, just general idea. Those joke images? People who like every damn page out there? Those that create Facebook for their pet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Checking it once every couple days and seeing I have new notifications. Except there's a zero percent chance it's actually anything not retarded. Always an invitation to some stupid Facebook game, some magical event that doesn't exist, or from people who I dropped from my friends still advertising their shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I've experienced any of the 4 bullet points you mentioned. I have less than 100 friends on FB and many of them don't seem to use it much so my wall feed isn't exactly fast moving. I've never really been bothered by any of my friends posts, apart from one guy that really just uses facebook to advertise his clothing company or something.

There is this girl who always posts about how people were staring at her tits, how she constantly gets hit on in trains and how men ask to take pics with her all the time. Don't get me wrong, she looks alright, but I just get the idea that she is making these things up to bump her ego or get attention. Sure, I can see one or two of her stories actually being true... but she posts that stuff so often that it just can't be right. It annoys me (and just for the record: I'm a male, so no jealousy here or anything )

Deleted
    There's a solution to your problem. Leave Facebook and call friends when you want to party. And call them once in a while outside that too to catch up on life stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad none of my friends do this.

Do you mods get together before starting a thread? what are the odds 3 of you post before anyone else?

I like to use Facebook to check out potential new employees of mine.

What i dislike most is when people use apps and don't turn off the option for everyone see stuff the app posts 'on your behalf'. No one wants to see you earned 20 coins for hitting a home run.

Those few people I know who have kids that post literally eveything that they do. Do you really think anyone cares that your "little angel" just sneezed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Can't say I've experienced any of the 4 bullet points you mentioned. I have less than 100 friends on FB and many of them don't seem to use it much so my wall feed isn't exactly fast moving. I've never really been bothered by any of my friends posts, apart from one guy that really just uses facebook to advertise his clothing company or something.
    I've got about 100. Almost every single one is someone I know in real life. You're pretty unique, then, as they all have like 500 friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    There's a solution to your problem. Leave Facebook and call friends when you want to party. And call them once in a while outside that too to catch up on life stuff.
    I have an aversion to phones :P Kidding. I do sometimes use other ways to get in touch with friends. A call or text is more personal than Facebook but it's also helpful if a friend is traveling and you're unsure of timezones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    Do you mods get together before starting a thread? what are the odds 3 of you post before anyone else?
    Nah just we all frequent the forums we moderate

I had a person in my unit who would post the most mundane shit she ever did.
    Examples include but are not limited to:
    - "Eating ice cream."
    - "I'm hot." (temperature wise).

I loathe that.
    I also hate all the damned FB games. If you enjoy playing games, go play actual games, not that horseshit kind that keeps on spamming me with invites.

Out of the 4 points in the OP I've only experienced the first, and can sympathize (with disliking those cancer posts - not with posting them).
    Last edited by Liara; 2012-09-07 at 05:22 PM.

I've seen all of the types OP mentions. I hate'em all.

I also see posts that spread misinformation, or incomplete, misleading information. When it deals with personal safety, it's not something people should be spreading around irresponsibly.

I'll admit I play FB games. I try to limit the personal info I share on there as much as possible. I've tried to turn off all the ways FB and the FB game developers try to advertise the games to the people I know, and can only guess at how successful I've been... I always hope someone'll let me know if any is sneaking through.

I wish more people'd use a social network I find more trustworthy (and less spammy and advertisement laden) than FB, though.

Deleted
    Have none on my facebook page that tells people what they had for lunch or when they been on the toilet on their wall etc but i can imagine what its like having some that posts loads of bullshit and meaningless crap, could be because i only have people i actually know on there and not the friends of friends etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find myself ignoring most of what's on facebook. I have no interest in what people like or post to their facebook.

2 things that annoy the crap out of me:

1. People stuffing you into conversations with all their friends (usually 100-500) and you get about 500 new "messages" before you even had a chance to back out of that bullshit - if you don't check FB every 3 sec like a maniac, that is.

2. People posting horseshit about how "true friends/lovers/chicken wings/flying spaghettimonsters always think about you/love you/taste delicious/(don't) exist, even if you never message/kiss/eat/prey to them, plz share this stupid BS, others will like/hate/feed/ignore you for it, kk, thx, bye".

PS: I might have made the last 2 options in #2 up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Share this if you love and support the troops!

No. I support the troops, but I'm not participating in the FB version of chainmails

Like this if you believe this person (some one who's obese or has cancer) is beautiful!

No, I really don't appreciate being emotionally baited just so you can feel good.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    I also see posts that spread misinformation, or incomplete, misleading information. When it deals with personal safety, it's not something people should be spreading around irresponsibly.
    I forgot about those. I regularly post comments to point out urban legends that everyone seems to believe as if it's brand-new

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I forgot about those. I regularly post comments to point out urban legends that everyone seems to believe as if it's brand-new
    I wonder what the ratio of falsehoods presented is on the internet compared to the number of truths.

Deleted
    If you're a member of Facebook you deserve everything you get!

15+ Year Old Account
    What drives me nuts the most about Facebook are the people who update people hourly on their status.

Unless you're making national headlines, we reallllly don't care. This one girl I went to school with updates her status about her boyfriend about 4-5 times a day. She does hourly countdowns to when he's coming home sometimes, saying how much she loves him, how much she misses him, and how much he means to her and how she'd die if he'd leave her. She was dating the guy like 2 days before she said she loved him, she got engaged to him within 5 months. She's had two fiancées before, both relationships starting and ending within just a year and a half period time, all three of these happening within the past three years. She's literally crazy.

One time she sent me a message that went something like this. "Hey you! How r u don! Since I no your going to ask I am doing good myself! I dont no if u heard but my apartment burn down and ive been really sad and miss it and have to live with my parents again..................... But this guy is my life and he helped me so much and I love him and hes my solmate and we are engaged and are getting married hopefully really soon! Okay talk to you soon!" I ignore her but sometimes go to her profile for a good laugh. I tried to de-friend her but she finds me again and keeps adding me.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to block my husband because after we got married he kept posting lovey sentimental shit on my wall. Other than that I don't really care what people post....except for this dumb girl I knew who keeps posting about her damn dog.