Video card messing up?

Hello MMO-Champions.

I've come across an issue with my video card. Occasionally my LEFT monitor will randomly go black and rapidly flash orange lines everywhere! Restarting the computer fixes it. I've tried the connections (though it MAY have been the problem, I only tightened them a few minutes ago).

What do you guys think could be causing this? I updated the drivers about a week ago, and it's only the left one, which is why I checked the cables, I'd like to avoid reseating the video card if possible. Opinions?

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

I discovered earlier that it seems to only happen when I play a video?

I experimented, and when I went to a youtube video (located on my right monitor) the left screen would proceed to flash. (Switching the sides didn't not change which screen flashed.)

When I exited the video, the flashing stopped? This new development has seriously got me stumped :O
    Last edited by Cyzen; 2012-09-08 at 06:26 AM.

Deleted
    If it starts when your PC have been on for a while it could be that the card is too hot.

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    If it starts when your PC have been on for a while it could be that the card is too hot.
    If that is the problem, which I have no way to really tell right now, I don't really know what I can do about it, it's high end card that has two fans built right into it, as well 4 other fans built right on to the case. Any suggestions? If that is the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyzen View Post
    Any suggestions? If that is the case?
    Dust clog up fans over time.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try to open the card and check it out. I once found a platic piece (from factory) covering the spaces which were meant to let the warm air out :/

Kinda solved my issues with heating.

Bump for an important update in the OP