Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

No fishing rod needed to fish?

Is this a bug or?
    Not sure if this was in the patch notes or not...

Deleted
    Pretty sure it's intended, especially given that you receive a unique "rod" while fishing with no pole. Not to mention it was on beta for quite a while I believe.

If this is legit we will never have to worry about quickly switching weapon while getting attacked fishing, or going into an arena with fishing rod equipped and come out saying to our self why didn't I equip my weapon instead?
    Last edited by Daveman; 2012-09-08 at 10:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love WoW logic.

Deleted
    mining works without a pickaxe

10+ Year Old Account
    Trade tools are no longer needed, but they give bonus points when present.
    So yeah, no need to equip a fishing rod, but if you do, you get the bonus points to fishing skill.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

Quote Originally Posted by dahorst View Post
    mining works without a pickaxe
    Does that mean druids can mine ores in air without dismounting like they do with herbalism?
    Last edited by Daveman; 2012-09-08 at 10:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's neat but it won't really affect me too much. I'll still be equipping my pole for the bonus to fishing skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveman View Post
    Does that mean druids can mine ores in air without dismounting like they do with herbalism?
    Damn if thats the case... my farmer is going to be good
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    Damn if thats the case... my farmer is going to be good
    Its not It will auto-shapeshift to normal form and start mining, but you have to switch back to birdform to fly away, and thats different from gathering quest items for example, where you will keep your flightform.

Quote Originally Posted by rewben View Post
    Its not It will auto-shapeshift to normal form and start mining, but you have to switch back to birdform to fly away, and thats different from gathering quest items for example, where you will keep your flightform.
    I knew I shouldn't of got my hopes up...
    Last edited by Daveman; 2012-09-08 at 10:18 AM.

Druids haven't been able to herb while flying since at least patch 5.0.4. However, they don't have to shift out of flight form.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Druids haven't been able to herb while flying since at least patch 5.0.4. However, they don't have to shift out of flight form.
    More like since patch 2.something, druids herbing while actually flying was nerfed pretty quick.

This statement is false as I have farmed herbs at the beginning of cata. This could be before cata, as I have not had druid gatherer before Cata so I am not sure but I guess Ill take MrElusive's word for it.
    Last edited by Daveman; 2012-09-09 at 05:47 PM.

This statement is false as I have farmed herbs at the beginning of cata. This could be before cata, as I have not had druid gatherer before Cata so I am not sure but I guess Ill take MrElusive's word for it.
    Oh, which part? I can post a screenshot of my druid herbing in flight form if you'd like.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2012-09-09 at 11:55 PM.

Oh, which part? I can post a screenshot of my druid herbing in flight form if you'd like.
    You said Druids "haven't been able to herb while flying since at least patch 5.0.4.", my druid have been herbing in air without changing out of flight form since the beginning of Cata, and according to MrElusive you can do this in patch 2.something

Deleted
    Daveman, I think you misunderstood me, currently, while you can pick herbs in flight form you still have to be on the ground. Originally it was possible pick herbs while in the air, meaning you could herb without aggroing melee mobs. Yes, it was awesome.

I don't know if it's a UI issue, or working as intended, but is anyone else missing the castbar for fishing, as well? Sometimes it will bob at the end of the "cast", which is annoying, because I don't even see the cast duration to begin with.

Sorry if I missed something, but yeah. I miss the fishing castbar!
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    I don't know if it's a UI issue, or working as intended, but is anyone else missing the castbar for fishing, as well? Sometimes it will bob at the end of the "cast", which is annoying, because I don't even see the cast duration to begin with.
    You still got the old fishing skill in your action bars, replace it with the updated one from the profession window and you'll get the castbar back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrElusive View Post
    You still got the old fishing skill in your action bars, replace it with the updated one from the profession window and you'll get the castbar back.
    This worked! Thank you!
    Putin khuliyo