Thread: Uhh...Stormlash

Uhh...Stormlash

Does anyone else feel underwhelmed by Stormlash totem? I mean, when I'm resto it procs for 12k on top of my 10k non crits, which I find pretty cool. I wasn't expecting this to be a major cooldown like Hero/Lust, but I believe every person in the group gets from around 60-120k max bonus damage per use of this totem? I'm fine with that, but then why give it a 5 minute cooldown?

I'm just trying to comprehend the use of this, since it seems kinda...lackluster.

Even with the 5minute CD it becomes a larger Dmg CD as the size of your grp increases.

if 17 Dps do ~100k extra dmg because of stormlash, then you did technically 1.7Mill with a single GCD.

That's why many people speculate to stack shaman and Warriors, Skull Banner is really insane as well, especially for classes who crit very often.

Imo, Blizzard did hurt themself with these 2 Abilities, altough they try to keep their usefulnes down with a long CD and short duration, their raidwide effect makes them very powerful nonetheless and may lead to class stacking issues.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2012-09-08 at 05:49 PM.

Deleted
    Its lackluster if you only look at it at a player by player basis. Then its essentially equal to about 1 extra hard hitting spell per player. The thing it its one for every single player, even if you ignore tanks and healers who will get less of a benefit from it because of lower haste (so less procs) in a 10 man your looking at 6 players, in a 25 your looking at 17. Its really pretty significant. Any more powerful than it already is and it would be far too broken to NOT stack.

I guess I haven't really looked at it from a number perspective. My main reason for this was I was looking forward to using it on Spine tendons and seeing it die 5 seconds quicker. When I checked recount, it appeared to be doing anywhere from .7%-1.1% of the DPS' damage.

My guild is a 10m, and since we 2 heal spine with 2 tanks, I guess I just figured it would give some kind of absurd damage buff to our dps :P