Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hell no, I love having this lovely creation known as the internet. Don't have a fancy phone so can't say anything about that though.

Deleted
    Well I already lack a smartphone, I have a regular mobile phone, I can message, call and take pictures with it and that's about it. So yes. In fact I think this would help me learn new things from... books and go out with friends more (assuming they lack net too).

Deleted
    Could I live without the internet? Certainly, I didn't have it in my childhood either and I lived. Do I want to live without it? Not if I could have it.
    Could I live without smartphones? I don't even have one, so yes

Deleted
    I couldn't, and my job requires a connection so would be impossible for me.
    The thought have crossed my mind sometimes though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can live without a smartphone easily. Internet is a different story. Of course, if we'd have to be really honest, anyone can live without internet, but it would make things very difficult.

Not until your internet is gone for a few days do you notice how much you rely on it.
    Statix will suffice.

Yes and yes but a lot of things would have to be changed for me. But I COULD do it.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Smart Phone, probably, I'll just break out the Nokia Brick.

Internet, I don't think so, I'd go insane.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    I never use the internet so yes. I couldn't live without my smartphone though.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    All these people who could live without their smart phone LOL. Sorry for the necro.

Iam pretty sure i would be much happier if it did go away so i no longer obsess over the news or read forums but i would still miss it.

I dont have facebook or twitter now so it wouldnt be catastrophic for me

I could live without it, but certain aspects of not having the Internet would be affected.

I lived without both for the first 15 or so years of my life til my family got the internet in the late 1990s. I think I'd be ok without it; I have plenty of books, keep active, and have friends/work. I've been considering going back to a "dumb phone" for quite some time now, but the gps and search features on my smartphone are really handy while traveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    All these people who could live without their smart phone LOL. Sorry for the necro.
    This is like apologizing to someone for punching them in the face. As you punch them in the face.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

10+ Year Old Account
    I lived 17 years without the internet. It would suck to lose it.

Its crazy to think about all the people who have grown up with the internet since birth, they have no clue how much it changed the world.

Wow! A nearly six year necro!

It would be pretty tough as it how communicate daily with colleagues. I can remember getting tons and tons of inner office mail at my office. I would check the mailbox 3 times a day. And when we needed a file from someone we had to get a carrier to send it over via disk. OH!!the papers! Oodles and oodles of paper. We had an entire room devoted for “papers” for my department alone.

OFP

Living in a world of its heavy reliance, no. Having it down for a week is torturous enough!

10+ Year Old Account
    W/o smartphone: no bigge.
    W/o Internet: survive: yes. live: no.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can live without my phone easily. I never use the thing and only own one because family might need to get in contact with me. Internet however, i'd go crazy.

Surely you could've found a more recent, "Durr what would you do with no internet", thread to necro?

I've seen at least 2 in the last few months.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I use both for my job very often. I could find another job and still live but life would be shittier.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.