Rift news on homepage?

I just wondered for a while why are there no news about Rift on the homepage of mmo champ

i mean ok they post mostly wow stuff and with al the beta stuff its just a huge mass but even so they got a sub forum for rift d3 gw2 swtor and mc
    they posts updates for d3 and some small stuff for gw2 and swtor and if i remember right there where even some small news about mc a long while ago
    its not that i want to say "hey we want attention too" but sometimes it feels a little bit odd

Deleted
    yeah, especially with the new expansion coming soon and all, it wouldn't hurt I don't think considering gw2 and swtor get a little bit of coverage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curse (the owners of MMO-C) are primary WoW/ Blizzard followers.
    That's basically the reason.

Yes it's called MMO-Champ, but it's always been about WoW, and advertising the D3/GW news site for Curse.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

jeah thought about it first too that curse owns mmo champ and thats why they mainly show blizzard news but that wouldnt explain the rare swtor and gw2 news (ok gw2 is just out perhaps there will be more dunno)

just checked the curse side and found some decent rift news there so why dont they show it on mmo champ too?

http://www.curse.com/news/rift

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Curse (the owners of MMO-C) are primary WoW/ Blizzard followers.
    That's basically the reason.

Yes it's called MMO-Champ, but it's always been about WoW, and advertising the D3/GW news site for Curse.
    No, Curse owns a variety of fansites and the primary Curse site is rather agnostic with regards to games. They have mod/addon support for multiple games and their proper news page covers general gaming news.

MMO-Champ is primarily a WoW fansite though, it just happens that Boubouille (who runs it) also happens to run the D3 fansite, so news gets cross posted between the two (and because there is a lot of overlap for WoW and D3 players).

MMO-Champ does cover major announcements for other MMO's though. SWTOR, GW2, Rift, and I think even TERA/TSW have seen bits on the front page here for launch announcements or other major happenings.

I think a thread popped up about this awhile ago that Boubouille actually replied to and basically said "I'll post what I want to on the main page". There has been one piece of Rift news posted on the main page and that was when there was that security thing with the e-mail addresses. Nothing else Rift related (outside of an attached video) has been on the main page. The reasoning I heard for SW:TOR getting much more front page space was that it had such a large fanbase using it's forums, however the GW2 forums are now larger than SW:TOR and we still don't see much GW2 news. I think in the end it just comes down to, they'll post what they want to and what they have an interest in. If none of the main page admins post on Rift sites they probably don't bother with the news. As Edgecrusher said Boubouille posts on the D3 site so interlinking the news isn't very hard.

I do agree that there is plenty of Rift news to be posted but understand it's their site to post what they want.

Yeah, and as a quick aside, he actually quite enjoys Rift.

http://www.fluffyfrenchy.com/back-to-rift/

So it's not as if he doesn't post news about it because of some personal vendetta or because Rift killed his puppy.

Is it really news to anyone that this is primarily a WoW website?

They normally do when a non-wow product is new and just released. Couldn't find a wow topic on here for a few weeks now with all of the garbage about GW2. And when rift was new - it too had a lot of posts, and like others have said - when storm hits we should see some posts on the homepage. Also, in case you didnt' know, click FORUMS link and there is one just for Rift - I check that now.

BTW - <3 Rift

Deleted
    I have a feeling that you guys will soon find a new place for RIFT news... :P

*evil smile*

Deleted
    Its simple, Blizzard games generate much more traffic than rift - why run content on rift when it is the direct competitor to the company providing your website with exclusives and preview content that generate millions of views, its just not wise

10+ Year Old Account
    The last time Rift news had coverage on the front page was "bad news" back in 2011, Source.

I wouldn't expect any news coverage from Rift anytime soon to be perfectly honest and blunt. Boubouille the site owner has made multiple posts saying this is primarily a wow site. With Rift being a direct competitor with WoW I wouldn't even hold your breath that there will be Storm Legion announcement on the front page news here. (Leave the advertising to Trion or other fan sites) I'd say just enjoy the sub-forums they've provided for us and leave it at that. It would cause a shit storm if Boubouille or Chaud posted Rift "good" news on the front page about Rift, WoW fans would get all up and arms and honestly I wouldn't want to have to be the one clearing up the hate and troll posts that would ensue.

Boubouille made one of his first personal blog posts about Rift and how much he's seen the game improve and his enjoyment of the game and beyond that posting here would be a conflict of interest. (Click Here) WoW is still the Walmart of MMO's with a huge customer base and biting the hand that feeds the site is not wise and it's just smart business with the WoW traffic which this site is know for.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit. PS: Just because Rift news doesn't get posted on the front page doesn't make the game any less awesome! Don't forget that and keep it classy Rift players!

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I wouldn't expect any news coverage from Rift anytime soon to be perfectly honest and blunt. Boubouille the site owner has made multiple posts saying this is primarily a wow site. With Rift being a direct competitor with WoW I wouldn't even hold your breath that there will be Storm Legion announcement on the front page news here. (Leave the advertising to Trion or other fan sites) I'd say just enjoy the sub-forums they've provided for us and leave it at that. It would cause a shit storm if Boubouille or Chaud posted Rift "good" news on the front page about Rift, WoW fans would get all up and arms and honestly I wouldn't want to have to be the one clearing up the hate and troll posts that would ensue.
    Remember when people use to play multiple games?
    Pepperidge farm remembers.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Remember when people use to play multiple games?
    Pepperidge farm remembers.

I know I do. (Play multiple games & remember) =D

mmo-champ was bought by curse. last I heard, curse catered mainly to wow addons, rift addon policy is that 3rd parties (addon developers and website owners) can't or shouldn't profit from addons, that addons are to supplement the game not the addon developer's purse, this to maintain the integrity of rift development and rift designer control on UI as well as other features, but not for profit, for game integrity. rift integrated customizable UI in the game, rather than relying on outside addons to improve game play.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...dd-policy.html

also, wow is more popular, there is blizzard favoritism on mmo-champ, thats not necessarily a bad thing. no website is completely impartial. there are rift centered fansites, but mmo-champ is owned by curse which is mainly an addon distributor.