Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    About 10% of a level, up to 25% if rested and doing quests.

So if you're asking "should I run dungeons to 90" the answer is no.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    Has anyone done any solid testing to see if you can actually skip the quests in the first zone, and just go straight to valley of the four winds. Because one of my friends on beta mentioned something about a pre-requisite for the chen stormstout chain.
    I'd like to know this as well, seeing I'm planning to do dungeons until 86-87, and then just skip to Valley of the four Winds.

Anyone can confirm?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariathe View Post
    I'd like to know this as well, seeing I'm planning to do dungeons until 86-87, and then just skip to Valley of the four Winds.

Anyone can confirm?
    I can confirm that if you do them fast enough (which is very possible) it will be worth doing them to 87. You need to have good gear and a well coordinated group. Make sure to all have the battle standards for 10/15 % extra xp from mobs. I saw some numbers at the start of this thread that seemed a bit low to what I got. With the battle standard and the 10% guild perk I think you can get around 1.3-1.4 M (not including quests) from the 2 first dungeons with brewery giving a bit more xp and being a bit faster aswell (pray for the rng to give you this one). I would like it if someone could post numbers on the 2 lvl 87 dungeons (not 1 month old numbers).

Did these at 85 with my guild tonight on beta - we had battle standards up 100% of the time, but no 10% guild xp perk:

Stormstout
    937,901 xp dungeon
    236,000 xp random dungeon reward
    516,000 xp quests

Jade Temple
    1,006,936 xp dungeon
    236,000 xp random dungeon reward
    516,000 xp quests

We also had another player doing Jade Forest quests as fast as he could. He managed 103 in 2hrs, for 12m xp - thats nearly a quest per minute.

Based on this, as long as you can do Stormspout and Jade Temple in 11min or less, it's faster to dungeon. Very easily doable by a good, geared group - we were doing them in 13min with only 4 ppl. I'm also not taking into account the bottleneck and mob tagging you'll get questing when MoP goes live.

Would love to see some numbers for 86-87.

That's also based on the quester... 2 hours in jade forest without competition sounds extremely long.

Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    Has anyone done any solid testing to see if you can actually skip the quests in the first zone, and just go straight to valley of the four winds. Because one of my friends on beta mentioned something about a pre-requisite for the chen stormstout chain.
    I realy need to know this to. Will be doing dungeons to lvl 86-87 and then just jump to questing. But do I need to begin at the starting zone?
    Last edited by Zekie; 2012-09-20 at 12:10 PM.

same question as the user above. does anyone know?
    VII.

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Just ran a Stormstout Brewery ...

I received just over 687k XP Un-Rested purely from the Mobs. Then the Random Reward = 236k .. Which means each run is giving just over 923k XP and if you don't wipe it is probably about 20-30mins per Run (I'd say 15-20 if you Blitz it).
    The group I'm in currently is far from ideal, but we manage to get consistent 12-13 minute runs. I'm positive with the right comp you could do it in under 10.

in the explanation of the specific zones, theres a blue post with this:

As soon as you step foot into the Valley, you’ll run into a familiar name, if not a familiar face: Chen Stormstout. This is Chen’s first time visiting Pandaria, too –

so i think that "pre-requierement" on jade forest maybe doesnt exist, but you never know until tomorrow!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I didn't want to bog things up and start a new one seeing as this thread is already about Temple of the Jade serpent, etc. How much Justice would you guys say TotJS and Stormstout give per run? Saving up for the 2h boa axe.... >_<

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just do monkey runs with a good tank. Easiest xp ever.

EDIT: Didn't notice this was a necro, sorry. Wasn't me!
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't ask about XP....I was talking Justice. Did you read the whole thing before you posted?

10+ Year Old Account
    Never mind I sat in queue and ran it myself. Thanks.