Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Barbershop/Appearance Change - What do YOU think?

I've read that the GW1 had a paid appearance change feature.

Both WoW and RIFT had barbershops that were free to use.

Does anyone think they should make a barbershop free in GW2 with a paid version allowing for more in-depth changes (i.e. skin color, facial features, eye color)

10+ Year Old Account
    I support a cash-free barbershop. Changing your hairstyle should not be any big-to-do that requires real money. I also support additional hair-styles for cash/gems. There's no statistical value in your hair-do, so selling more really shouldn't be a big deal.

Actual character recustomization, such as physical tweaks, name changes, race changes, and so on should be the domain of gems/for-pay services.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Skelington is surprised they didn't add one, gemstore or not, after they eventually put one in the first game.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll get one sooner or later, there are bigger issues to deal with right now.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I support a cash-free barbershop. Changing your hairstyle should not be any big-to-do that requires real money. I also support additional hair-styles for cash/gems. There's no statistical value in your hair-do, so selling more really shouldn't be a big deal.

Actual character recustomization, such as physical tweaks, name changes, race changes, and so on should be the domain of gems/for-pay services.
    Pretty much this, with the exception of: no race changes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Pretty much this, with the exception of: no race changes!
    Well, that would mess up personal stories so I don't see them ever really allowing that. I'd much prefer a barbershop for in-game currency (I like to change hairstyles...a lot), but I'd be fine with a reasonably priced one in the cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Well, that would mess up personal stories so I don't see them ever really allowing that. I'd much prefer a barbershop for in-game currency (I like to change hairstyles...a lot), but I'd be fine with a reasonably priced one in the cash shop.
    Right, exactly, that was my point

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Something tells me that AN will put a steep price on cosmetic changes via the gem store which would be disappointing. I'm hoping that the fee for a simple hair change is low enough to do on a very frequent basis. I wouldn't mind shelling out extra gems/gold to change my face or skin color once in awhile, but I like to change my hair a LOT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cosmetic changes would be welcomed, sometimes I do something that looks cool for 5 minutes then im bored and want new hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice if they gave us hairstyle addon packs in the gem store, as well. Sylvari only get 12 hairstyles, I think I remember Asura only having 9. That's pretty sad.

I want a free barbershop! Nothing agains paid hairstyles from the game shop though.

Deleted
    I'd be happy even with a decent cash shop customization, one of my characters needs a do over, but is too high level to delete

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Skelington is surprised they didn't add one, gemstore or not, after they eventually put one in the first game.
    There are more pressing issues then this atm. I'm sure Anet is fully aware of it and other things but getting the game launched and the kinks worked out is the first priority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There are more pressing issues then this atm. I'm sure Anet is fully aware of it and other things but getting the game launched and the kinks worked out is the first priority.
    Yes but hair next

Deleted
    Screw the kinks being worked out, I want a mohawk for my Charr.

A pink one.

With dreadlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Yes but hair next
    and I want the other 2 mini games promised :3

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would have had this from the beginning. I ended up deleting my level 32 sylvari after I realized he looked more like an alien than a plant. Almost black skin, black eyes and purple hair/glow. I remade him and he looks tons better now, but it would have saved me a lot of time, haha

Quote Originally Posted by jpcamden View Post
    I wish they would have had this from the beginning. I ended up deleting my level 32 sylvari after I realized he looked more like an alien than a plant. Almost black skin, black eyes and purple hair/glow. I remade him and he looks tons better now, but it would have saved me a lot of time, haha
    You could of waited till anet came out with a character customization option for already created toons XD. Which is what I'm doing because I am level 62

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of my guildies told me that too, but I had no idea how long it would take, so I just rerolled. My new ranger is level 42 so I've passed the other one up. I didn't wanna play for another 2 or 3 months looking like an alien. What's your toon look like?

I hope they will do it. Not happy with my Asura's look. Could have done a better job at character creation.