Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Are the warlock/paladin class mounts shared as well?

Alright, I definitely wanna clarify something now that all mounts/pets are account shared.

1. I only have one char, which is a horde rogue. If I level up a horde paladin, an ally paladin, a horde warlock and an ally warlock, will I be able to have their class mounts available to my main rogue?

2. If not, will they at least COUNT towards my mount counter with my rogue?

3. If I level up an ally char and get all alliance-specific mounts, will they COUNT towards my mount counter with my horde rogue?

10+ Year Old Account
    1. no.

2. yes

3. yes.

if you level two pallys or two warlocks, they can share the mount, so to speak. if a mount has a different model between alliance and horde, you dont get to share them. DK mounts are also not shareable, except by other DK's.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Actually, I've bought all the Orc wolves on a horde char, and none of them counted towards my alliance toons' mount count.
    So I'm gonna go with a "no" on 3, and probably 2 as well.

class mounts count towards the account wide counter. My warrior has 69 mounts in his mounts tab, but the achievement says im at 72. It is count at least 1 version of my Warlock (felsteed, Dreadsteed), DK (archerus deathcharger) and Paladin's (Sunwalker kodo, Great Sunwalker Kodo) class mounts. My warrior cannot use them, but they are counting for my total mount count.

If was to level another DK, Paladin or Warlock, they would also be able to use the class mount.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-09-11 at 08:31 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Will Paladins of different races but the same faction be able to access eachothers' mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by DrChristmas View Post
    Will Paladins of different races but the same faction be able to access eachothers' mounts?
    With the exception of the Argent Charger paladin only mount from the tournament, I would have to say no, as the mounts like the Sunwalker kodo are race specific i believe, and would only be sharable with other paladins of the same race.

I think Human and Dwarf paladins use the same mount, so technically yeah I think those ones might be shared, but I would have to think that the blood elf and tauren ones are not shared.

Human and dwarf paladins have the same religious background, the Light, and are lorewise considered the same.
    Draenei uhhh something... (I stopped following Draenei lore after it got retconned in TBC)
    Blood Elf paladins draw their power from the Naaru M'uru, and later the reactivated Sunwell.
    Tauren paladins draw their powers from the Sun (An'she)
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-09-11 at 09:41 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

so quite of these tings are bugged atm.

if you have all alliance faction mounts you will not get them on horde atm. i consider this a bug. none of the mounts, either regular ones or AT mounts ist showing up.

faction specifc mounts are not only problem. atm if you have wintersaber on alliance you are not going to get venomhide or horde. GM says they are aware of problem and trying to reach solution like in million other bugs.

if you have tauren and blood elf paladins, blood elf will not get sunwalker kodo or vice versa. same for alliance ofc, no sparkly elek on dwarf.

Yes, all mounts count toward final goal. tho i cannot say if the counter on achi counts class mounts(1t 100 mounts so no more counter) but mount spell book shows 142 for my lock and 140 for my hunter. even if achi counter does not work(poster up says it does) its easy to log lock/pally/dk and get 2 more.

Professions mounts counts and are show in mount spell book but ofc you cannot use em if you dont have professions

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Actually, I've bought all the Orc wolves on a horde char, and none of them counted towards my alliance toons' mount count.
    So I'm gonna go with a "no" on 3, and probably 2 as well.
    Because they have an Alliance version: the Stormwind horses. If your Alliance characters didn't have those, then the Orc wolves would've counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Because they have an Alliance version: the Stormwind horses. If your Alliance characters didn't have those, then the Orc wolves would've counted.
    they said horde mounts would convert to same alliance mounts and thats not happening atm. like when u faction change your wolves would change to horses and they should be doing it now but they arent

Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    they said horde mounts would convert to same alliance mounts and thats not happening atm. like when u faction change your wolves would change to horses and they should be doing it now but they arent
    I am pretty sure they specifically said that the faction-specific racial mounts would Not be converted.

If you can find a Blue Post saying they would, that would be great. But as I recall, someone had already asked months ago if the mounts would convert, and Blizz said no.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthazare View Post
    I am pretty sure they specifically said that the faction-specific racial mounts would Not be converted.

If you can find a Blue Post saying they would, that would be great. But as I recall, someone had already asked months ago if the mounts would convert, and Blizz said no.
    GM said to me its a bug they are working on, here is the quote from email:

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
    Hey there

Sorry for the time taken, but the release of Diablo 3 and new patch have taken it's toll on our queues, it's literally 'Panda'monium'.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your mounts not being visible in your mounts tab.

Having taken a look at our internal database I managed to find other reports on this so what I've done is added all the information from your ticket to those reports which will help our Quality Assurance team work on a solution.

This can take some time to get done so I appreciate your patience in the mean time, I just wanted to say we really appreciate information like this and you have honestly helped improve part of the game by doing so.

So a few players have reported this and we are working on a fix. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reply to this ticket and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. =)

So beside that how come mine drake of the west wind transfered and mine horse didnt became wolf? its some bug on their end and its prolly going to get fixed
    Last edited by hunteromg; 2012-09-11 at 10:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So beside that how come mine drake of the west wind transfered and mine horse didnt became wolf? its some bug on their end and its prolly going to get fixed
    understandable in relation to faction changing, however thats different from the subject of the post. you cant simply buy some wolves and then think you get horses for free, without faction changing.

which is what people mean by converting. if you dont have any ally toons, but you have several horde toons, dont expect to start a new ally toon and instantly get free mounts since your horde toon has done the rep grinds to get theirs. if your horde toon got some special drop mount, your ally toon would be allowed to use that once it reaches the right level. but your ally toon would need to rep grind for their own faction mounts.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    understandable in relation to faction changing, however thats different from the subject of the post. you cant simply buy some wolves and then think you get horses for free, without faction changing.

which is what people mean by converting. if you dont have any ally toons, but you have several horde toons, dont expect to start a new ally toon and instantly get free mounts since your horde toon has done the rep grinds to get theirs. if your horde toon got some special drop mount, your ally toon would be allowed to use that once it reaches the right level. but your ally toon would need to rep grind for their own faction mounts.
    expain every other rep mount then.... I shouldnt be able to ride netherwing, rays or tabulks then as well

whats the point of making acc wide mounts if we are not going to get acc wide mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    expain every other rep mount then.... I shouldnt be able to ride netherwing, rays or tabulks then as well

whats the point of making acc wide mounts if we are not going to get acc wide mounts
    to explain other reps, they are account wide because both factions, horde and alliance can rep grind them. they offer the same looking mount. there isnt a different look for alliance or horde.

the purpose of why there is a difference is to keep alliance mounts alliance, and horde mounts horde. since faction specific mounts require rep grinds, you cant rep grind Orgrimmar rep as a human. you need to roll some sort of horde race to rep grind that, even if your human has already rep grinded Stormwind for their horses.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2012-09-11 at 10:29 AM.

to explain other reps, they are account wide because both factions, horde and alliance can rep grind them. they offer the same looking mount. there isnt a different look for alliance or horde.
    well thats for sure not true. take example of baradin wardens and Hellscream's Reach. not only horde cant farm baradin wardens but they farm Hellscream's Reach by killing wardens and mount they offer is transfered. you get drake and you dont get horse/wolf.

Kurenai and Mag'har are not the same as well. no mater if mounts are looking same reps are not even close to same

Same with wintersabers and venomhide.

10+ Year Old Account
    agian.. those are difference in factions. the drake is the same no matter which faction you are with. the ground mounts are specific to your faction, and thus, isnt usable by the other faction.

agian.. those are difference in factions. the drake is the same no matter which faction you are with. the ground mounts are specific to your faction, and thus, isnt usable by the other faction.
    and its a bug gm said they are working on. there is no real reason to say to ppl you need to work 20 days for wintersaber if there is no reason to grind skyguard rep for rays again. looks shouldnt do part in this

10+ Year Old Account
    and its a bug gm said they are working on. there is no real reason to say to ppl you need to work 20 days for wintersaber if there is no reason to grind skyguard rep for rays again. looks shouldnt do part in this
    ive not seen any sort of blue post saying that just because i did 20 days worth of dailies for a horde only raptor mount, that i shouldnt have to do 20 dailies for an alliance only kitty mount. unless i paid for a faction change, thus giving up my raptor mount for the kitty mount. faction changing is not the same as simply re-rolling and keeping your other toon.

if you are right, you are right. certain mounts might not have been intended to be restricted, but some are, and require you to rep grind or possibly do dailies to get both versions.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2012-09-11 at 10:44 AM.

ive not seen any sort of blue post saying that just because i did 20 days worth of dailies for a horde only raptor mount, that i shouldnt have to do 20 dailies for an alliance only kitty mount. unless i paid for a faction change, thus giving up my raptor mount for the kitty mount. faction changing is not the same as simply re-rolling and keeping your other toon.
    idk man...here you go

blue said: At this point, the only mounts that are not account-wide are either class specific or rewarded from PVP. We feel like both these types of mounts should still be character specific. (http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...nts-worthless/)

so you have blue post, you have quote from gm email and you still refuse to belive its a bug?

10+ Year Old Account
    ok, again thats in relation to certain mounts. and is only half the story. that doesnt include wolves, venomhides, wintersprings, ally horses, sabres. like i said, "some" mounts might not be intended to be restricted, but some definitely are. id also like to point out, that having a mechano hog for example is still only usable by horde races, and doesnt instantly grant you a free Mekgineer's Chopper on your ally toon. because they are different looks. "account bound" in this example means that you dont have to rebuy 5 mechano hogs for each of your five horde toons. you WILL however have to buy at least one mechgineer chopper to be able to use it on all of your ally toons.