Poll: Different Looks between Horde and Alliance tiers

10+ Year Old Account

Raid Teir Astetics.

What did you guys think about different tier looks for Horde and Alliance like in ToC. Personally i liked the idea behind it. The fact that Horde and Alliance looked different to me what a fantastic idea, although there could have been alot more between the classes instead of simple recolors. Do you guy like the idea or hate it?
    If you want to be successful as much as you want to breath, then you will succeed.

It would take way more time... so no!

I wouldn't mind it too much if every class had their own uniqe set. I did not like the fact that all the plate, cloth, mail and leather gear shared the same look back in ToC.

I think the reason Blizzard probably wouldn't do this is because they would have to make double the amount of tier sets for one tier, and players that like the other factions version of their gear would complain about not being able to get it. It would simply be too much work and stress for something that wouldn't matter that much.

No. it actully takes time from make new stuff and as nyc81991 said, it would make it double the ammount of tier sets for one tier.

15+ Year Old Account
    i guess as MoP is concentrated on the War between Horde and Alliance then possibly they might do something similar again . . . nay they could even bring back the classic "war effort" xD

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends. That theme really fit for ToC, but there were too many classes that looked exactly the same at the time. Basically if you wore the same type of armor as someone you looked exactly the same, no matter the class.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

10+ Year Old Account
    It would take a lot of extra time to create twice as many tier sets, and you would have people who were not happy because they thought the other faction's set looked cooler. That said, I think that every so often it would be cool to do if it works within the theme of the content story - and in MoP with the overall theme being Horde vs. Alliance, I feel like there might be a later tier that it would be interesting and cool to have different sets for each side.

Deleted
    I dislike this idea, because it's too time consuming for developers to come up with 2 decent looking sets. Also people will bitch about: Blizz loves horde more because this set looks better than alliance, vice versa.
    Also from a logical pov this doesn't make sense. The raids were always kind of neutral to each faction. I can't remember a single raid that feels like you are part of horde/alliance army. Even ToC didn't feel like that. I don't know how they will play that out in MoP with ongoing war.
    I'd personally rather have faction unique seasons, but more like uniforms of an army again for the sake of rbg and the people facing each other to look different like ToC.
    Then again, I'd love to see some race&class fitting clothing styles, like Nightelf Sentinels for mail, and Watchers for Plate, or something fitting for Tauren Paladins. The only race that has fitting styles is a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    Even ToC didn't feel like that. I don't know how they will play that out in MoP with ongoing war.
    Well, in ToCr all the gear was provided by faction-specific vendors; Silver Covenant and Sunreavers. It made sense for ToCr because it ws two factions competing against each other in way. For others raids it was a combination of efforts between factions that leads to success.

I'd personally rather have faction unique seasons, but more like uniforms of an army again for the sake of rbg and the people facing each other to look different like ToC.
    I'd like this, but it'd be the same problem you'd encounter elsewhere (And which was encountered during ToCr to a point) is that if one faction looks better it'll get whined at until they revert back to equal sets. It's worth noting that for Conquest loot (Which is owned by Neutral goblins, hosting the Arenas) is shared because it's available to both factions as a reward for succeeding in the Arena. It isn't actually a reward for fighting for your faction (All Arena loot was originally only from Goblin Arena Vendors, only in Cata did they move vendors to the Home cities because people hated going anywhere.)

Then again, I'd love to see some race&class fitting clothing styles, like Nightelf Sentinels for mail, and Watchers for Plate, or something fitting for Tauren Paladins. The only race that has fitting styles is a troll.
    That was the original idea for tier gear, T1/2 are based around aspects of the Classes that used them. Yellow/Light for Paladins, Stormy features for Shaman and so on. As the game progressed they slowly ran out of ideas (Presumably) and went for more environmental looks; Firelands is probably the most obvious for this. Everything has a fiery look to it. It makes sense, but it goes to show that tier gear progressed away from being designed around the class to be being designed around the content from which is it available.

Deleted
    well if its anything like it was in tier 9, HELL NO!

if they make a spefic set for every single class on each faction, i might support this. although they have to be faction themed and be almost equal in how people rate them.
    one side shouldnt get something that looks clearly a lot better then the other (i mean it in a way that 80-90% of a faction would be jealous of the other faction. there always be a sample who isnt happy no matter how it looks)

10+ Year Old Account
    In theory I don't have any problem with the idea and it might be kinda fun in concept, but it does mean artists have to spend twice the amount of time on it, and I'd worry we'd get 22 mediocre sets intead of 11 really good ones.

See also: Tier 9. Ew.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Worked well enough for ToC, but that's it, IMO. I'd rather see sets twice as good then two lesser sets, and then there would be QQ over who has the better sets, etc. And, while I generally don't think the Tier sets are 'bad' they really need some fresh ideas as it is, and I'd rather not see them all blown at once.

Tier Aesthetics*.

Deleted
    I'm going to vote no on this. It will take too much time, and people will complain that the other factions set looks so much better. And if ToC is anything to go after, it probably won't work well.

Deleted
    Yes, but only for the last tier of the expansion.

Imagine all sets being inspired by the faction you belong too. Hordies got horde emblems etc on their armor and more horde ish feeling on the gear overall.
    Meanwhile the alliance sets got the ally touch with emblems etc.
    Hopefully the last tier will have abit of horde vs alliance theme overall.