Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Return of Kel'thuzad

Can Kel'Thuzad return? As far as I remember you can't kill him unless you destroy the phylactery, because it contains his soul, or something. Anyway, with the phylactery the Lich is 'eternal', but we didn't do anything with it in WotLK.

Deleted
    Perhaps. Now that Blizzard is running out of lore it's a real possibility. I don't know much about Kel'Thuzad himself, but i think one or two of the old villains will return in the future, such as Illidan (Now, i can't argue WHY he would return, i'm merely guessing). We might even see Sargeras in a future expansion? Perhaps the Burning Legion is on an uprise? Or maybe one of the other three 'Old Gods' that we have yet to see?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope so. Kel'Thuzad was my favorite villain.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose so, but come on... he'll be the Meowth to Onyxia's Jessie and Kael'thas's James at this rate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascendanzy View Post
    Perhaps. Now that Blizzard is running out of lore it's a real possibility. I don't know much about Kel'Thuzad himself, but i think one or two of the old villains will return in the future, such as Illidan (Now, i can't argue WHY he would return, i'm merely guessing). We might even see Sargeras in a future expansion? Perhaps the Burning Legion is on an uprise? Or maybe one of the other three 'Old Gods' that we have yet to see?
    illidan can't return he is executed

i want bolvar to do something this expansion

Deleted
    I am 99,9% sure that Illidan will return as the leader/traineer/friendly ghost that will give us the gift of Demon Hunters, a friendly army that will aid us to the war vs the Burning Legion, on the expansion The Burning Citadel (or similar). Also they will be the 2nd Hero Class, after DKs.

As for KT, I doubt it. I just see the old Lich King story and his minions as dead and gone as they can be. The new Lich King will use his own minions for his own schemes, either to aid or to fight us
    Last edited by mmocfabc69e65c; 2012-09-10 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a lore-perspective, he could return because indeed his Phylactery was not dealt with in WotLK: in Vanilla, I believe you actually looted it, but someone stole it and that's why he was back in Wrath.

I suppose if the new Lich King decides he wants him back he has only to resurrect him.

I hope they don't though - great as his character was, it would loose a lot of its charm if he were to come back again.

Burning Legion is still there and hiding in outlands and their other settlements. It was postet not long ago in blue.

Yes kel is not dead. You just defeated him. Should be regenerated by now.

Every Villain ever died mortal or not can combe back its a fantasy world. And even if a villain is completely destroyed, he could brought back with the CoT. Not just by visiting the past i mean the villain could travel into the future, too. From a physics standpoint its easier and more possible to travel into the future than into the past. The past is dead, while future is not. This means every villain can easly come back.

But there is magic too, and planes as the hell/twisting nether. Demon lords for example will come back, espcially the dread lords. Maybe some other speczies too. Who can tell Illidan is really dead, i think he is just defeated. Maybe in the books he is dead. But hard to tell in a game. He was not a mere mortal when we defeated him, he was a big demon leading other demons.

Its just in mists the developers of this game want to create NEW lore. That will be the sole reasion why there will not so many comebacks, and because it could feel a bit silly if they all come back each expansion, just beeing defeatd or totally destroyed does not stop a villain to come back whatsoever in wow.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Medanielle View Post
    From a lore-perspective, he could return because indeed his Phylactery was not dealt with in WotLK: in Vanilla, I believe you actually looted it, but someone stole it and that's why he was back in Wrath.
    Kel was clever enough to hide his Phylactery the 2nd time. Cause just using the DnD lore where i think all the lichcraft started, no lich would carry his own Phylactery. Its plain stupid. -.-
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2012-09-10 at 02:09 PM.

The whole Lich King was a open ending so given the lore it wouldn't be a surprise if Kel Thuzad returned.

I at least hope that Naxx won't be moved again since the place should have been cleared given the fact that the heroes cleared the strongest scourge base.

You realize they ran out of lore with the end of Warcraft 2 right?

Arthas, Illidan, Scourge, Forsaken, Burning Legion, night elves, and tauren were created for Warcraft 3 where they weren't developed previously.

If they can make up new stuff for an RTS, I think they can make up new stuff for an MMO, which is what they are doing with Mists of Pandaria. They aren't running out of lore, they're just able to get rid of the RTS lore training wheels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically, yes. Naxxramas 2.0 didnt see his Phylactery anywhere.

But honestly? Making a 3rd appearance would be sort of pushing it, don't you think?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Kel was a realy good vilain. even the lore behind him is awesome. But if i had to choose some1 to appear it would be Broxigar. But only if they can set an Epic Story/battle behind it. The tale need to be as overwhelming as his feats =)

Kel'Thuzad is one of my favorite Warcraft characters, and I'd like to see more of him outside of raids. I would've liked it if he became the new Lich King, instead of Bolvar. And that Kel would promise Tirion to keep the Scourge at bay, preparing to strike the Legion instead.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Kel'Thuzad is one of my favorite Warcraft characters, and I'd like to see more of him outside of raids. I would've liked it if he became the new Lich King, instead of Bolvar. And that Kel would promise Tirion to keep the Scourge at bay, preparing to strike the Legion instead.
    For some reason, I doubt Kel would agree to that. He seems like he'd go off and do his own thing imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was an awesome character and that is precisely why I don't want him being ruined by pulling a "MERELY A SETBACK"

Let characters such as these live large in our Nostalgia, otherwise they become tainted by contrived plot lines.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    illidan can't return he is executed

i want bolvar to do something this expansion
    Sew his head back on and call him an Undead.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Pardon, Lord. But a being of Kel'Thuzad's power can only be reanimated at a nexus of powerful ley-energies
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    From a physics standpoint its easier and more possible to travel into the future than into the past. The past is dead, while future is not. This means every villain can easly come back.
    But if illidan went to the future, how would have we killed him in the past? He would not be there anymore... my head hurts :-)

Kel can still usurp Bolvar in an epic camapaign(we all know from the strategy games), i mean he can fly naxx to the ICC and attack him while he is weak, take his place and make the scourge evil egain and active, while telling he is just preparing to strike the burning legion while he has better plans. Kel was always a very ambitious character. Of course i wonder if that would be a good story at all, but i really hate bolvar as the lich king. It does not feel right.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2012-09-10 at 02:34 PM.

Deleted
    Maybe Mr. Bigglesworth will come to avenge Kel'Thuzad?