Deleted

Can anyone determine if my computer can play Guild Wars 2?

How well will my computer handle GW2? Rough estimates on different resolutions mixed with low/med/high settings would be greatly appreciated!

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 stepping processor
    - 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066MHz RAM
    - Gigabyte G31M-ES2L mATX mobo
    - Nvidia 8800 GTS 512MB (G92 Core)
    - 500GB Samsung hard drive

That said, I'm currently running Windows XP, and I intend to upgrade to Windows 7 soon. However, a friend recommended that I don't upgrade to W7 because GW2 will run better on my computer with WXP? Is there any truth in this at all?

Thanks in advance for any help and/or advice given.

Deleted
    you're close to min requirements graphics card wise, so expect low settings. The WinXP/ W7 part is bullshit. Your performance may be lower with aero turned on, but as soon as you turn that of, you'll have the same performance.

Deleted
    Thank you. I'll be sure to ignore my friend from now on, hehe.

If you spent $90 on a video card, you could probably run it at medium-high settings. It will run as is, but I don't know how well. I'm sure you'll get low framerates in a lot of areas since there are so many spell effects going on since its a new game with lots of people crowding the starting areas.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    If you spent $90 on a video card, you could probably run it at medium-high settings. It will run as is, but I don't know how well. I'm sure you'll get low framerates in a lot of areas since there are so many spell effects going on since its a new game with lots of people crowding the starting areas.
    Why $90 specifically? Could just say, buy an AMD HD 6850/70 or something similar.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiSan View Post
    That said, I'm currently running Windows XP, and I intend to upgrade to Windows 7 soon. However, a friend recommended that I don't upgrade to W7 because GW2 will run better on my computer with WXP? Is there any truth in this at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    The WinXP/ W7 part is bullshit. Your performance may be lower with aero turned on, but as soon as you turn that of, you'll have the same performance.
    Wrong. On low end computer playing DX9 games XP is actually faster than W7 by about 5%.

Usually W7 is preferable because most games and graphics cards today are DX11 capable but neither 8800GTS nor GW2 are.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I dont have my specs off hand but i am well below the min reqs and i play on low. and the game runs fine and still looks awesome.

Can you guys help me? I know it's annoying, but I really need to know. Also, there's only "minimum system requirements" available on the internet, which doesn't help me that much.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2,40ghz (same as the OP)
    RAM: 4,00 GB
    Geforce GTX 460 SE

Can't find my motherboard info right now (i'm in a hurry, sorry), but maybe it's enough information...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickotine View Post
    Can you guys help me? I know it's annoying, but I really need to know. Also, there's only "minimum system requirements" available on the internet, which doesn't help me that much.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2,40ghz (same as the OP)
    RAM: 4,00 GB
    Geforce GTX 460 SE

Can't find my motherboard info right now (i'm in a hurry, sorry), but maybe it's enough information...
    You're better off than the OP with the GTX 460 over the GTS 8800.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water